X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    Hi Lexx000

I really don't know how that huge amount of data could be shared?

Keep in mind that most players, me included, like to see how the map look like before downloading them. There are various reasons why.

Having the possibility to download a map without seeing it before isn't wise unless player have access to unlimited download and don't mind downloading content completely blindly.

Good luck!
    Thanks for responding - you make a ton of sense. Hmm, I wonder if there is such a place to have these available? I have them here on my own server at home, if there was a tool that could launch the maps, generate a screenshot, then I'd be happy to package them up.

One benefit of a .torrent is that people could in theory just pick the maps they want, I'll give it some more thought, and of course, none of this has value unless people are looking for maps for UT3 in the first place. I've always kept these map files around as a "just in case" I want to try them out and also am happy I did, seeing how many great sites of the past have gone away.

I saw places like UTZone looking for donations, so I'm definitely not thinking of hosting these files myself, the bandwidth would be nuts.

Cheers,

Lexx000

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Lexx000

I really don't know how that huge amount of data could be shared?

Keep in mind that most players, me included, like to see how the map look like before downloading them. There are various reasons why.

Having the possibility to download a map without seeing it before isn't wise unless player have access to unlimited download and don't mind downloading content completely blindly.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello All,

It's been a while since I have checked these forums for anything related to UT3 - I think I can help the community here

I've been running UT servers since back in UT2004, but still continue to host and play a UT3 server with friends.

What would be the best / most appropriate way to share back the maps I have collected over the years, I surprised myself, but I have a collection that is 42GB uncompressed

I didn't always have these in play on my server, as I used to use a variety of methods to rotate them and some to be honest, I downloaded but only extracted, or we never played them in my group.

I'm happy to zip them or rar them down to something smaller, but I also want to enable people to download whatever map they are looking for. I was thinking a .torrent file?

Please comment back and I'll be more than happy to help out a community that has given a lot to me, and a game that has given my friends and I hundreds of hours of amazing times.

Cheers,

Lexx000

reply to:
    Doc Greystone Stevelois who are senior members - one as original poster, and then other is online right now

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

You can look at my UT3 highly recommended stuff page. Many links are dead, but, at least you have the exact pack names to search them over the net. Evil Map Pack and UOF Map Pack are still available.

Good luck.
    Great article. Very well explained. Thanks for the share.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Doc Greystone View Post

Thanks for the names.

It would be cool if you revive your link, that would be much better
    Your welcome.

I have few hundreds if not more than 1 thousands links related to UT3 at my blog. Its way to tedious to update them. I don't have the time, motivation & will do to that. At least, UT3 players get the information for what to search for

Indeed UTZone is one of the last remaining map archive but doesn't have all map packs neither, sadly Mapraider is also an excellent resource but isn't as up-to-date like
    UTZone

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is where I got all of my maps
    http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-tournament-3
    https://www.utzone.de/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=5
    I downloaded all of them, manually

I don't mind if many other websites were lost 'cause the best ones survive
    also there is another with double the Warfare maps that i lost track of.. whoops

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

You can look at my UT3 highly recommended stuff page. Many links are dead, but, at least you have the exact pack names to search them over the net. Evil Map Pack and UOF Map Pack are still available.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the names.

It would be cool if you revive your link, that would be much better

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Great websites for downloading Map Packs - let's create a compilation

There were so many great and amazing UT3 maps which nowaddays no server are featuring. I would really like to gather all those great maps I loved to play in the last 13 years.
    I found this jewel map pack with 160 Warfare maps, but unfortunately the link isn't working anymore https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-...rfare-map-pack

So my question to you:

Where do you download maps? What's your favoritge site for map packs? Please post your link!
    Last edited by Doc Greystone; 01-30-2020, 12:46 PM.
Working...
X