UT3Editor MMD VMD Motions Shadow Dynamic Cast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PROTOTYPE] UT3Editor MMD VMD Motions Shadow Dynamic Cast

I know, epic games don't care about Unreal tournament saga. But some fans are not going to let this shooter die.
    Especially the abuse of UT3. As I said before UT3 Editor. It has functions that were not explored. Which leads me to think.
    Because epic games do not activate the dynamics of shadows on maps where trees with shade are required. UT3 VS Crysis 1.

This not Pawn UT3 is PMXtoPSK = conversion
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	3 Size:	123.9 KB ID:	408261

MMD "MikuMikuDance" IN UT3 Editor

To something else. I am not interested in dancing Chinese or Japanese monkeys. A little humor. But the fluidity of mmd animation is very simple and pleasant. To experiment. Bring the world to life.

I saw that this operates in borderlands 1 Editor.
    In mass effect and biosock 1 or gear of war 1 and UT3 and mirror edge 1 2009. Static shadow (BSP or U Light in Space).

And the encoding shadow light static bitmap renders slow. Then I realized that with cast the rendering is much faster.
    But it impacts on the GPU and not the CPU. Which is true a 6600gt enters problems to run it but in a 8600gt or higher it goes well.

The question was yes. The cast shadow + the static mesh (interseptor convert) Shed constant dynamic light to simulate tree leaves or torch flames. But

Demo shadow FPS

I was wondering if the projection of the Dinamic / ULight light. Ray Cast arrived in UT3. Since I wanted to see. Because epic in ut3, the bitmap in the "static shadow" forest maps and not the crysis 1 type in the trees. I only saw this effect of light in borderlands 1. The same. For some reason I don't know the lightning bolt only affects the objects of the global view. And UT3 trying a shooter is scalping a Cam FPS. That does not register the cast shadow. Which in "third person shading mode is correct" But In FPS Cam mode it ignores it completely. "But it gives more life.

Demo Shadow 3rd

The conclusion is that if you like to play ut3 in the third person you will have more shading. Not in the third person. At least in UT3 Editor. Equal Most of the original UT3 or community maps do not have a lot of constant dynamic shadow. I will have to do more tests.

UT3 Editor Dynamic Cast World View

Last edited by Skaa3z; 02-16-2020, 07:36 AM.

Pretty sure i said before we should do something together and that your stuff looks kinda cool, but no1 knows wtf is going on... Bit late now though.
    • Crysis = CryEngine
    • Mass Effect = Custom UE3 SDK
    • I had a copy of borderlands but never actually played it, or even installed. Don't have it anymore.
    • Mirror's Edge is incompatible with PhysX v8.10.17, is fixed with Physx v9.09.0010 but both of these may not be great for UT3. Mirror's Edge doesn't use UE3 for lighting, is is baked it using proprietary software then brought into a heavily modified version of the UE3 SDK. We discussed practices like this at length years ago on other forums. The results are not worth the input.

For the last time- If you want to improve UT3 you have the following Options:
    • port it to UDK (RS already did it so if your one of his bumchums you already have it, if not your fuked like me)
    • Update as many DLL's and win32 assembly dependencies as possible.
    • Update the entire game, all missing textures, all vertices fixed, add normals, redo every level
    • ^^ and that has already been done, the content dissappeared years ago.
    • Again, probably faster porting it to UDK but if you want to do this;
    • Win10 or Win7 SDK, DLL injection process. Update old calls/ functions to new calls, documentation is on Microsoft websites.
    • or download an app and join a hacker forum
    • DX11 is super compatible with DX10. Any DX10 app can become DX11 very easily, easier that it has been for Unreal99 to progress to dx11.
    • Port it to UE4.
    Images are great, but ....

UT3 was never designed to be the world's best looking game. It is an FPS arena game
    Last edited by TKBS; 02-16-2020, 02:04 AM.
    Internet BlackOut in <2 weeks,last chance to request 4 years of Unreal Development(something from every Unreal Engine 50+ maps, chars, weapons, mods, mutators and more).

Comment

I have added a sample video from the editor in case anyone wants to follow the steps.
      Here we play with ut3. Not with udk. " UT3 Editor Dynamic Cast World View "

Comment

UT3 Game Running test
        Cast shadow

I have to take time with the kismet and the matinee.

Comment

real honest with you i love your passion with this game's graphics, now seeing your neptunia maps i've noticed the lots of ambitious effects and it just amazes me the upgrade from the original source, this i don't really seen often, like depth of field in the distance, bunch of lights, it doesn't feel like you're forced into a game, it feels lively, it is a work of art, i've spent many times in UT3 taking photos from any angles in the hundreds of maps available as if i were casually going to a real trip to a real place, each map is so self-sustaining with their own set of post process it is like waking up to an epic dream everytime launching the game, but that's just when relaxed! you can always go back to the casual slaughterhouse that this game greatly rocks and greatly enjoy as well

My favorite thing about this Engine is the fine balance between realism and efficiency, how do you run on a coconut while also looking outstanding? yep. here from a Nvidia 920M i3-6006U ​​​
          so anyways that is my love letter and hope we keep rollin' baby; the fortnite snowball shall one day reach us

so I have fun highlights back from February to March in 2019, that short period alone is enuff https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aovu4LYP3ruOhcEdVWK8zWyWUZKs3w
          and i did one with your content ​​ https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aovu4LYP3ruOhcVPJltP2HLDXqOVTQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	ScreenShot62957.PNG Views:	0 Size:	647.4 KB ID:	408440
          Last edited by VegaSharpew; 03-05-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Haha, where they get that fortnite. It is better than Unreal tournament. The only thing that stands out fortnite is the ue4 engine.
            Too bad that ut3. He stayed in the past based on tech xp and vista.
            As I said before, ut3 would only lack the volumetric smoke where the light beam passes. That was implemented in udk in 2013. And ut3 was discontinued in 2012In addition, how many retro games like doom "brutal doom" until today are mods and more mod l4d. It seems very bad to me that epic games discards ut2004 and ut3 in the epic estore "an accommodation of mods. But that they leave space to fortnite. That is incidentally. They are the same characters with different costumes.

In ut3 it is about bringing variety so the custom char and the custom voice is what stands out the most in the game. Among other things the crazy factory of cars or weapons. That can be programs.

Y como todos los beta. Esta a medio camino. Me gusta ut3, sus fluidos, lo poco que usa los recursos e intento ideas que le sean aplicables.

Currently I am. Thinking of improving facials and animation tree.

Comment

I am testing a new normal maps technique. And using the honkai impact 3rd model, gossip in the Neptunia style.

Which reminds me. If it is worth improving. The fluency of animation and a more rigid rigg at PSK - PSA.
              You will probably have to make the anim tree zero. But facials in this class of models. They require them. If later check the facial. So this is more associated with neptunia. mmmm I'm thinking about it. He wants to rebuild the face to a more solid state. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will have something more solid.

Comment

More test - and wips... Basic kismet need more practice.

Comment

Finally. I found the shadow problem "which would be like the global ray of the camera. These epic games deactivated the cast shadow for the FPS mode. This explains why the dynamic channel does not register it in first person Cam mode and if in third person mode "The PawnCam". Unfortunately, UT3black edition does not allow modifying those lines. So recompiling the whole game is crazy. If the evil of this is in UTPawn.uc of UTGame.uc

UTPawn.uc // code big in UT3

defaultproperties
                  {
                  Components.Remove(Sprite)

Begin Object Class=DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent Name=MyLightEnvironment
                  ModShadowFadeoutTime=1.0
                  AmbientGlow=(R=0.3,G=0.3,B=0.3,A=1.0)
                  AmbientShadowColor=(R=0.3,G=0.3,B=0.3)
                  End Object
                  Components.Add(MyLightEnvironment)
                  LightEnvironment=MyLightEnvironment

Begin Object Class=SkeletalMeshComponent Name=WPawnSkeletalMeshComponent // mode beindview 3
                  bCacheAnimSequenceNodes=FALSE
                  AlwaysLoadOnClient=true
                  AlwaysLoadOnServer=true
                  bOwnerNoSee=true
                  CastShadow=true
                  BlockRigidBody=TRUE
                  bUpdateSkelWhenNotRendered=false
                  bIgnoreControllersWhenNotRendered=TRUE
                  bUpdateKinematicBonesFromAnimation=true
                  bCastDynamicShadow=true
                  Translation=(Z=8.0)
                  RBChannel=RBCC_Untitled3
                  RBCollideWithChannels=(Untitled3=true)
                  LightEnvironment=MyLightEnvironment
                  bUseAsOccluder=FALSE
                  bOverrideAttachmentOwnerVisibility=true
                  bAcceptsDecals=false
                  AnimTreeTemplate=AnimTree'CH_AnimHuman_Tree.AT_CH_Human'
                  bHasPhysicsAssetInstance=true
                  bEnableFullAnimWeightBodies=true
                  TickGroup=TG_PreAsyncWork
                  MinDistFactorForKinematicUpdate=0.2
                  bChartDistanceFactor=true
                  //bSkipAllUpdateWhenPhysicsAsleep=TRUE
                  RBDominanceGroup=20
                  Scale=1.075
                  End Object
                  Mesh=WPawnSkeletalMeshComponent
                  Components.Add(WPawnSkeletalMeshComponent)

DefaultMeshScale=1.075
                  BaseTranslationOffset=6.0

Begin Object Name=OverlayMeshComponent0 Class=SkeletalMeshComponent // FPS Arms Global CAM UT3 BLACK EDITION
                  Scale=1.015
                  bAcceptsDecals=false
                  CastShadow=false // Problem !!!
                  bOwnerNoSee=true
                  bUseAsOccluder=FALSE
                  TickGroup=TG_PostAsyncWork
                  End Object
                  OverlayMesh=OverlayMeshComponent0

Begin Object class=AnimNodeSequence Name=MeshSequenceA
                  End Object

Begin Object class=AnimNodeSequence Name=MeshSequenceB
                  End Object

Begin Object Class=UTSkeletalMeshComponent Name=FirstPersonArms // Global CAM UT3 BLACK EDITION
                  PhysicsAsset=None
                  FOV=55
                  Animations=MeshSequenceA
                  DepthPriorityGroup=SDPG_Foreground
                  bIgnoreControllersWhenNotRendered=true
                  bOnlyOwnerSee=true
                  bAcceptsDecals=false
                  AbsoluteTranslation=false
                  AbsoluteRotation=true
                  AbsoluteScale=true
                  bSyncActorLocationToRootRigidBody=false
                  TickGroup=TG_DuringASyncWork
                  End Object
                  ArmsMesh[0]=FirstPersonArms

Begin Object Class=UTSkeletalMeshComponent Name=FirstPersonArms2 // Global CAM UT3 BLACK EDITION
                  PhysicsAsset=None
                  FOV=55
                  Scale3D=(Y=-1.0)
                  Animations=MeshSequenceB
                  DepthPriorityGroup=SDPG_Foreground
                  bIgnoreControllersWhenNotRendered=true
                  bOnlyOwnerSee=true
                  HiddenGame=true
                  bAcceptsDecals=false
                  AbsoluteTranslation=false
                  AbsoluteRotation=true
                  AbsoluteScale=true
                  bSyncActorLocationToRootRigidBody=false
                  TickGroup=TG_DuringASyncWork
                  End Object
                  ArmsMesh[1]=FirstPersonArms2
                  UTGame.uc ( DM CTF - WAR - Inv DOM )

Which shows that ut3 does cast shadows. But the epic ones turned it off. I suppose that the 6200gt of that time could not project so much shadow in real time. IN udk 2012 this if active...

Comment

Working...
                  X