X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3: Community Edition Update (2021)

Unreal Tournament 3: Community Edition Update
    v1.04

Applies to UT3 Black (Steam Edition) or fully patched UT3 (2.1 + Titan Pack + Bonus Pack).
    Note: Deploying this update clears all personal settings and will require CD-key re-entry. Best used on a clean installation before customization.

Download
    https://bit.ly/ut3-community-edition (MEGA, 132MB, UT3 Community Edition Update.zip)

Installation

Do not extract this archive inside your game installation directory!
    • Extract the archive to "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3", overwriting the "UTGame" folder inside it. If the game was never launched, you should create the "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3" folder (or launch the game and promptly exit) - then extract to that directory.
      • You may back-up the "Unreal Tournament 3" folder to save your settings when uninstalling this update, by renaming it. It will remain untouched by the game (and this update package) unless you revert it back to its original name.
      • Removing or renaming this folder will generate a new one based on defaults when you launch the game, effectively uninstalling this update (excluding the optional BR and DOM archive, which must be deployed in the game install folder. Delete all its associated files from your game directory, or reinstall the game to uninstall these features).
        • Optional: To enable Bombing Run and Domination / Double Domination game types, extract the "BR and DOM" pack inside your game installation directory. This optional package is the only archive that should be extracted to the actual game installation directory (e.g. /Steam/steamapps/common/Unreal Tournament 3).
        • Optional: To replace the original menus with the MapMixer menu (for veteran players), edit UTEngine.ini inside the My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config folder, and move the semicolon from line 5 to line 6:
    LocalMap=UTFrontEnd_MapMixer.ut3
    ;LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut3

Fixes and changes included
    - Bloom, DOF, Saturation and Color settings optimized for higher resolutions (see UTGame\ColourPackage Readme.txt)
    - Ultra High detail graphics settings applied (https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...-help-tweaking)
    - foxMod for splitscreen (up to 4 players) and gamepad support, as well as enhanced AI functionality
    - All characters unlocked (including additional hidden items from https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-...hread?t=589971)
    - Bombing Run, Domination / Double Domination, Battle Team Arena support
    - TitanTeamFix, OrbFix, NoMoreDemoGuy, and UTCompIIIv4b2
    - Additional mods: Gibalicious, UTNyan (replaces Redeemer with a Nyan Cat)
    - Malcolm custom character (https://www.unrealcentral.com/ut3-malcolm-v1-1/)
    - "T" to chat, "Y" for teamsay (default bindings for rest of series)
    - Console key is now ~, Console Type key is now F10 (instead of Tab, which is now used to show the scoreboard: http://ned.theoldergamers.com/static...ind-tab-scores)
    - bCenteredWeaponFire=true, bDynamicNetSpeed=false (required to support 90+ FPS online)
    - CPUNumLogicalProcessors set to 1, Poolsize set to 512 to possibly reduce hitches
    Last edited by DDRRE; 10-13-2021, 08:07 PM.
    Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
    "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
    Facebook | LinkedIn

- Bloom, DOF, Saturation and Color settings optimized for higher resolutions
    That's the only thing that always clicked on my head about the inevitable future of things, thank the holy god this stuff can be modified! :clap:

I don't see distortion mentioned but the lower the resolution the most extreme is the effect, meaning that the higher resolution it is way way less noticeable
    UT3 cuss words - UT2007 media ; M3K4 Nep/Tune @ |-|EAV

Comment

Nice work, DDRRE

Interesting to see NoMoreDemoGuy as an integrated mutator. It is such a complex mutator with such a low visible impact.
      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Thanks for that !

Comment

Dang, going to have to try this out. Love that there are still people out there working on this old game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	310?cb=20111226022522&path-prefix=en.png
Views:	1373
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	410327
          Last edited by Polish; 07-26-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

My dad managed to borrow a 4K system and so I finally did try the UHD ColorPackage settings out! And it does definitely look right, I can say! Thx a lot!
            https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen..._09_50.BMP.jpg
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Unreal_Tournament_3_20-07-2020_21_09_50.BMP.jpg
Views:	1352
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	410348
            Last edited by HEAV3007; 07-29-2020, 12:42 AM.

Comment

is it possible to update the shadows in ut3 as in udk?

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                Nice work, DDRRE

Interesting to see NoMoreDemoGuy as an integrated mutator. It is such a complex mutator with such a low visible impact.
                I must say that it's nice to not see Demoguys all around, but (tested online) it seems like this mutator randomizes models regardless of the user's selection. I think I even saw it switching a proper model into a demoguy at one point.
                Additionally, it seems like voice cues aren't transformed properly. Still, better than 100% demoguy battles for sure.
                "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
                Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

After installing this, all the menu buttons in the game (like say "Accept", "Back", and so on) permanently show the icons for an Xbox controller as opposed to the icons for a mouse and keyboard.

Any thoughts on why that would be? Looking through the bundled `Config` folder, there seems to be a huge amount of stuff that definitely doesn't really need to be there at all (like, why is it overriding `Default.ini`, and why are there so many Editor-specific variables that wouldn't be there normally, and so on, for example) so I imagine it's something to do with that most likely.

Comment

@akira Maybe something with the "input.ini"?, just a guess.
                    + i agree with your comments about "doesn't really need to be there at all", not sure why noone has mentioned this, or why poorly organised user content is being released by people with tags, and then hyped by people with tags,without someone pushing to improve this.

@VegaSharpew
                    + Wrap your images in spoilers please, not eveyone has free, unlimited uber interent.

@DDRRE:
                    - i deleted the waffle reply, coz, who cares....

In future try to share files intact as;

Spoiler

I do not recommend anyone uses this thread. Delete it. it is not an official tutorial
                    * Use the Utimate Installation Guide Thread. It includes Everything.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by TKBS; 02-27-2021, 04:00 PM.
                    Download_AllMyStuff | videos_ofmystuff

Comment

Replying to TKBS's toxicity above:
                      The aim was to make this updated UT3 client as fully-featured and forward-compatible as possible with anything you could possibly throw at it, online, on a LAN, or in single-player game modes.

No mutators except for the post-processing modifications, UTComp3, and foxMod (splitscreen and controller support) are enabled by default. They are included for server readiness and to help users play local splitscreen or host Windows-based servers with ease. Everything else is focused around engine tweaks for modern hardware and very minimal keybind changes (T/Y for chat, Tab for a triggerable scoreboard, and ~ to open the console). Documentation for all mutators, modifications and mods are embedded in the update package, and are also mentioned in the first post above. Developing this package took quite a lot of time and work to make it as clean and compatible as possible given the installation constraints. The post-processing modifications took several sleepless nights to get right.

My suggested course of action for you: Design a better, newbie-friendly update package if you're up to the challenge, or just refrain from installing this one.

I designed this mod around a 30-player LAN club that had run UT3 extensively. There are only 4 "non-mainline" mods that the community has released over the years to very high acclaim. These are the Blossom mutator that allows users to fiddle with post-processing settings on singleplayer, NyanCat Redeemer, and Gibalicious. All aren't enabled or engaged by default and have a very small file size. I slightly regret adding the Malcolm skin to this pack, but it felt like a necessary addition as a nod to veterans (like including the MapMixer as an optional feature). NoMoreDemoGuy is included because having it installed locally makes it function better online, if I recall correctly (it's been a while).

The update was designed to expand the game with the latest official versions of the most popular community gametypes, configured and heavily tested to function on vanilla installations, but those have their own design constraints making installation a little ugly (BR & DOM which requires you to have everything installed locally to function). I didn't include CBP3 or maps that can be downloaded and executed without making local changes.

Akira1364 - this update enables foxMod by default for splitscreen & controller support which adds Xbox button prompts on all menus. The game never had mouse/keyboard icons around its menu buttons. The .ini modifications are based on this tweak thread (also mentioned on the first post).

I'm considering an additional refinement to this update package to utilize EAX emulation and surround sound on modern hardware (making "Hardware OpenAL" functional, in the game settings). If there's any interest, I'll isolate the changes required to do this and add them to the update pack.
                      Last edited by DDRRE; 10-16-2021, 08:25 PM.
                      Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

DDRRE I want that good audio! So far I have not managed to increase the audio channel count or having my new audio engine make a difference at all other than how sound interact with each other (not my goal).
                        I may have missed 1 setting, 32 channels is mentioned several times in the INI, ill try around setting 1 audio channel just to see if i can indeed break it...
                        Originally posted by DDRRE View Post
                        I'm considering an additional refinement to this update package to utilize EAX emulation and surround sound on modern hardware (making "Hardware OpenAL" functional, in the game settings). If there's any interest, I'll isolate the changes required to do this and add them to the update pack.

Comment

Originally posted by HEAV3007 View Post
                          DDRRE I want that good audio! So far I have not managed to increase the audio channel count or having my new audio engine make a difference at all other than how sound interact with each other (not my goal).
                          I may have missed 1 setting, 32 channels is mentioned several times in the INI, ill try around setting 1 audio channel just to see if i can indeed break it...

I'll see what I can do. I think one of the methods (DSOUND.dll replacement) might interfere with online matches, so there's some testing to be done before releasing it.
                          I also found a bug in foxMod making modifications to controller bindings difficult for any player except the first; I'll try having a word with fox to hopefully fix this for the next version of this package.
                          Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

Working...
                          X