PS3 multiplayer not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 multiplayer not working?

So, I had my unreal tournament game for a couple of days now. maybe a week. But there's one problem. The multiplayer isn't working. It also says that I'm not signed in to PSN. But I am signed in to it. Does someone know how to fix this? I mean, I want to play with others but I can't because the stupid game thinks I'm not signed into PSN. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it before. I'm a bit upset that it would do this. thanks.

Unfortunately, UT3 online multiplayer is no longer supported on the PS3. It depends on services provided by gamespy which has gone out of business. The servers were kept online for a while but were finally shut down a few months ago. There are quite a few of us who are still mourning its passing...
    By the way, the message you are seeing about not being signed into PSN is misleading because you really are signed into PSN. What it should say is that you aren't signed into gamespy...

Comment

yeah strange. maybe PSN decided to take responsibility of the servers? it could be possible because I heard someone talking about it.

Comment

The error message is just worded incorrectly. When you try to play multiplayer, the game tries to sign into the gamespy server. That fails because the gamespy servers no longer exist and the game misinterprets the response and mistakenly blames PSN. Gamespy announced the shutdown almost 2 years ago (Feb. '13) and if anyone was going to pick it up (including PSN), it would have happened a long time ago.
        If you have the PC version of UT3, there is a patch that switches to a different server hosted by Epic. Sadly, there is no patch for the PS3...

Comment

I have talked and discussed to my tech expert he resolved it ater long work

Comment

I have the same issue

Comment

It depends on services provided by gamespy which has gone out of business. The servers were kept online for a while but were finally shut down a few months ago. There are quite a myfedloan.org few of us who are still mourning its passing...

By the way, the message you are seeing about not being signed into PSN is misleading because you really are signed into PSN.

Comment

Norton setup Antivirus is an anti-malware and antivirus software. It was distributed and developed by Symantec Corporation since 1991 as part of Norton security products

Comment

Working...
                X