User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos Mod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Mod

The Chaos Mod will be making a return to the next Unreal Tournament. We have been working on the Grapple Hook and the Grav Belt.

We are currently looking for a modeler so that we can really start to show off the Chaos Mod.

Grav Belt:

Grapple Hook:

Chaotic Dreams
    @TheChaosMod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grape hook looks like tentacles from hentai, funny

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a new team member, his name is Mike, aka thatscrawnykid. This is his version of the Chaos Bastard Sword. It is still WIP.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I think it's probably the best Bastard Sword we've had yet.
    Last edited by R.Flagg; 10-14-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to drag someone kicking and screaming from half way across the map
    "COME TO ME !!!"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

We're still recruiting btw;

Coding
    Mappping
    Character modeling
    whatchu got?
    Last edited by R.Flagg; 10-15-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by R.Flagg View Post
    We're still recruiting btw;

Coding
    Mappping
    Character modeling
    whatchu got?
    Got some days of practice in modeling 3D-stuff, in case you need some help? And maybe I also could do some playtesting...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    h.o.l.y. s.h.i.t.

er..., uh, I mean, I guess we could find some space for you somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi R.Flagg! You showed me the way.
    I was just wondering, who started following me on my shiny new twitter account, and was surprised reading your name. And finding chaotic links in your history. And the following ten minutes my jaw hit the ground more than once ...finally, that youtube-deeplink made my day
    Looks like I should consider getting the UT-subscribtion somewhere soon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eeeep!!
    OFFICER ON DECK !!!
    Welcome...home Sir.

We have kept the Chaos engines ticking over, but the remaining warriors are few however loyal they are.
    I now wander the wastelands sounding the call to arms, and leaving signs for the lost ones to make their way back.

Actually I was sent out to do the social media because I talk too much

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thatscrawnykid - WIP - WillBeAnimatedInGame - Relics

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unreal Tournament Contributor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Awesome haha, maybe add an option in the mod to make them UT99 style just for nostalgia's sake (without the rings and spinning around randomly).
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by S-P-A View Post
    Looks like I should consider getting the UT-subscribtion somewhere soon.
    Well, I'm just gonna say it - considering the relationship Chaos has had with UT for so long it's unfortunate we have to buy subsriptions to create another version, but I guess it is what it is. It has certainly hampered the recruiting process and made it more complicated to get initial lift-off going.

Having said that, if you just wanna stick with the modeling bit, you might be able to get by w/o it for now? We'll work it out when you get ready to jump in the pool.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a wallpaper for you guys:

Hope you like the models I've done so far! I can't wait for everyone to experience the Chaos again!
    Last edited by thatscrawnyki; 10-30-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can't be called the Chaos Mod until we get happy landmines of doom. Any work on the Proxy?
    Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
    Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
    Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
    --Captain Crit

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crit View Post
    It can't be called the Chaos Mod until we get happy landmines of doom. Any work on the Proxy?
    I've done much work on the proxy sir. The wallpaper I posted is actually made with the in game proxy model. The model is pretty much finished, I'm working on animations. It will be a while before he is ready for war though.
    Mike :aka: thatscrawnykid
    Artist for Chaos: UT

Unreal Tournament Prototyper
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatscrawnyki View Post
    Here is a wallpaper for you guys:

Hope you like the models I've done so far! I can't wait for everyone to experience the Chaos again!
    It looks awsome ! Somehow I feel the face isn't right yet though. I liked it more when the yellow smileys where sitting inside of the outer case so it looked like a helmet. Now it doesn't look like a helmet, but more like body armor. The eyes are smaller too and the mouth is higher and not hiding behind a part of the "helmet" (that creates the suggestion of a helmet too). Like here:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    The Chaos Mod will be making a return to the next Unreal Tournament.
    Best news ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dr.Flay. Your call to arms sounds like music in my ears Let's see how many old members will find their way home ....and how many new curious and careless players will fall into our chaotic trap
    It has certainly hampered the recruiting process and made it more complicated to get initial lift-off going.
    Well, yes. At least the subscribtion costs only approx. as much as a mmorpg-account I guess at first you will mainly see those people who already tampered with the older UT-engines. BTW: Very nice model work so far!! I especially like the looks of the bastard sword
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalfist View Post
    It looks awsome ! Somehow I feel the face isn't right yet though. I liked it more when the yellow smileys where sitting inside of the outer case so it looked like a helmet. Now it doesn't look like a helmet, but more like body armor. The eyes are smaller too and the mouth is higher and not hiding behind a part of the "helmet" (that creates the suggestion of a helmet to
    True. Thatscrawnyki's model outline are a bit more like the very original proxy, which did not have that extra helmet. That helmet was later added to a) resemble a bit more "kamikaze" look, and b) it even hat an animation purpose. In certain situations (e.g. the self destruct as far as I remember) the proxy first closed its visor (hence the big forehead of the helmet so I were able to cramp the opened visor underneath )
    Having said that, if you just wanna stick with the modeling bit, you might be able to get by w/o it for now? We'll work it out when you get ready to jump in the pool.
    Let me first check out the pool and dip a toe in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: fetched my subscription today and played a bit at work with the different example modules. Wow. Still blown away by the fact that such a beautiful engine is still so fast even on a mediocre rig.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: fetched my subscription today and played a bit at work with the different example modules. Wow. Still blown away by the fact that such a beautiful engine is still so fast even on a mediocre rig.
    Very exciting news sir. Can't wait to make some Chaos with the man that started it all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Mike making some Chaos;

Vengeance Relic Spirit Skull WIP
    VengSpiritSkull_WIP_tsk.jpg

better run, 'cause it's coming after you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh. Nice one. And scary! I think at one point we need some kind of haunted house multiplayer map. That vengeance skull design would perfectly fit the mood

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh. Nice one. And scary! I think at one point we need some kind of haunted house multiplayer map. That vengeance skull design would perfectly fit the mood
    Come join us in the Chaos forums! Lots of fun discussion kicking around right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already on my way Just had to get my old account reactivated by Tim.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already on my way Just had to get my old account reactivated by Tim.
    Exciting news sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonna leave this here in regards to the grappling hook mechanic

This guy has nailed it and it seems really fast and intuitive, Loving the return, can't wait.
    Last edited by Flak; 11-13-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, grapples rule. Thanks!

Generally speaking though, it's considered rude by many folks to use a mod team's thread to promote another mods work.
    Would appreciate it if you or a forum moderator would remove that vid and/or link please. This thread is about Chaos.

Thanks!

Edit : BTW - thanks Flak for the blog post!
    http://www.unrealtournament.com/blog...turn-of-chaos/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cyberhawk doin' his thing

Unreal Tournament Developer
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies, my aim wasn't to promote another mod just to give feedback.

Banned
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hope we get some way to distribute all of this crazy **** sometime soon.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Manic, understood. It's all good!

Thanks for the support. I hope we are successful in getting this mod out, and that you join me online some day.

#HookersUnite

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Manic, understood. It's all good!

Thanks for the support. I hope we are successful in getting this mod out, and that you join me online some day.

#HookersUnite
    I would like to see in my beloved ut:

- JailBreak (I thinks its in development or so...dunno)
    - UTChaos (Hell yeah!!)
    - RocketArena
    - ClassicAssault
    - Maybe maybe the runestorm team with their BW
    - CTF4/DM 4 or whatever gametype with 4team support

It would be awesome if could bring on there all these jewels in new ut, cos all this stuff it's what ut is meant to be and without them would'nt be ut
    Thanks to rflagg and staff from utchaos to bringing here that legendary gametype beside with JB! Thanks!
    Last edited by darksonny; 11-14-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @darksonny -

I think we are interested in multi-team game types, but it's just too early for us to comment on that yet. I'm just satisfied for the moment to know that Epic plans on making that possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something I can say is I loved chaosUT since UT99
    It's really awesome to see it come back

gore.jpg

Let's have some CHAOS!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aw hell yes. Relics by day 1? Give it to me now.

I've loved Chaos since the beginning but your weapons are generally so over the top that it's never remotely balanced and it's just insanity. (vortex I'm looking at you). It would be great if the ChaosUT team could make some tamer stuff to be a part of the main UT4 core. Like your gravity belt is a cool power up that could easily be a part of core UT4 to swap out with other powers and it would be nice to have a toned down version of the insanity like the vortex. Grapple hook is also always welcome but I feel like it should be updated beyond it's old functionality.

Basically 2 versions. ChaosUT (a more balanced sane set) and "True"ChaosUT (Classic ChaosUT madness). I realize that double the mutator settings would take extra long, and trying to properly balance a set of guns is a lot bigger of a task but it's something to think about. I'd love to play Chaos with more people akin to closer to standard balancing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorta of a compliment and insult all at once. Thanks still though, it's all good, as long as we're getting noticed. Boils down to the same old vanilla vs chocolate that is 99% of this forum anyway.

Take just the vortex comments for example. It's a class 10 weapon, so obviously it only compares to the redeemer. And yeah, I find it to be much more 'balanced' than the redeemer. For example, did you know that simply using your grapple on the ground can save you from the vortex in a lot of instances? Did you know that turning on your grav belt reduces the pull of the vortex on you? Combine the two and you're nearly safe every time. Not to mention that if you were managing the map more carefully, you would have gotten the vortex before I did in the first place. And so on. Or surround the vortex pickup area with lasers. Slap some sleeping proxies there as a trap. I could go on.

Many times when people say something about Chaos is 'insanely over the top unbalanced', it just means they don't fully understand the options available to them to counter the thing they are saying. More time spent playing the mod and learning all of the various ways to deal with different situations is recommended.

Another thing I would point out, is that in ChaosUT2 for example, you had a simple checkbox option to remove the vortex before you even started the match. That's just how considerate we are!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I knew grapple could save you from the vortex but ChaosUT is very playable without grapple and just using the weapon set with default movement options. One good example of not using the whole Chaos set would be the Relics mutator, adding them into the default game adds an extra layer of choice and strategy that you can play without the ChaosUT weapons. To that note, I love Relic's and it only adds richness with choice, risk, and reward killing a player whos using the Relic or surprise killing them with Vengeance or sneak attacking them with Redemption's second chance spawning near by and so on.

The vortex's main issue is how long it lasted pulling so many people in from a fairly long time and long distance. It would be really easy to make a more "fair" version just by reducing the time how much it's around for or having it be around longer with less extreme pull radius. Since you balance the gun for use of grapple it's understandable why it is how it is but that doesn't stop the gun from spawn raping for quite a long time (much more so than Redeemer's big blast). I really loved the idea of it from the beginning, but the balance for the Vortex isn't quite there to be standardized in ChaosUT versions I've played.
    Last edited by FirebornForm; 11-16-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem. Lots of folks seem to loved the vortex over the years, but not everyone does, fair enough. Such is video games and ice cream. Keep in mind though that the grapple was only one of the counter measures that I mentioned. Mostly map control in various ways is key. And when you say 'quite a long time', it's really just several seconds. So another recommendation I would have is forcerespawn being Off. And choosing maps for your rotation that better suit your tastes. If for example, the map is so small and has spawn placements that close together - and Still includes a class10 weapon - well, if that's not what you prefer, remove the map from your rotation.

As far as spawn camping/"raping", well, you can see plenty of that without even loading Chaos. I played come CTF at the event in Cary recently, and there sure was a lot of it going on there, and not a vortex in site.

Anyway, we appreciate the feedback, thank you! And who knows, anything is possible. One thing is for certain, we are not even trying to just copy/paste any previous version to make this one. Of course there will still be a vortex, but as far as settings go, we are cooking from scratch. The only thing you can count on is that it's gonna suck.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast