Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Unreal (1998) - Remake

Unreal Tournament Contributor
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
    If you place limits on what other people will say or do, or act and react to what you say or do (I think it's called "being intro-perspective", thinking about how other people think and perceive you - or paranoia, perhaps, in extreme cases) then yes, this would be doomed before it began.

A beginning is a very difficult time. Structure and plans is all you need, then self-motivation to execute said plans in accordance with the structure. If someone cannot motivate themselves or others, they can not lead.

Another way of looking at it is: you do not believe something, no one else will.
    This rather just comes from many, many years of experience trying to do this with different teams of people. I'm not joking when I say that the fundamental set of problems inhibited every single one of them. You even detailed two of them: nobody could agree on whether we were re-creating the original game and levels, or if we were making a remaster. As far as making BSP ports, what I can tell you is that there is virtually no interest in doing that because at that point there is no reason not to just play the original game.
    Quote Originally Posted by exo7341 View Post
    P.S. I mostly agree with Brizz, his words really make sense. I just don't want to "surrender" that easy. It may be stupid, but personally I'd like to try something first - and only when (if) it fails, I might reconsider . Even if remake wouldn't replace original game, I still think Unreal deserves some kind of tribute - maybe something like short episode (Nali castle, Bluff, SkyCity, trial chambers), or even simple eye-candyed level remake, something...
    To restate a previous point, I think it's fine to try to recreate meshes and things that will be useful even if they don't go anywhere on an Unreal remake.

And if you're a level designer, go for making some "spiritual successors" to the original game levels. At worst it doesn't go anywhere other than some cool assets and levels, at best you sell a bunch of people on your vision of the remake and that overcomes one of the biggest hurdles you will face on a project like this.
    HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
    This rather just comes from many, many years of experience trying to do this with different teams of people. I'm not joking when I say that the fundamental set of problems inhibited every single one of them. You even detailed two of them: nobody could agree on whether we were re-creating the original game and levels, or if we were making a remaster. As far as making BSP ports, what I can tell you is that there is virtually no interest in doing that because at that point there is no reason not to just play the original game.

To restate a previous point, I think it's fine to try to recreate meshes and things that will be useful even if they don't go anywhere on an Unreal remake.

And if you're a level designer, go for making some "spiritual successors" to the original game levels. At worst it doesn't go anywhere other than some cool assets and levels, at best you sell a bunch of people on your vision of the remake and that overcomes one of the biggest hurdles you will face on a project like this.
    It was more along the lines of getting the original game into Unreal Engine 4. Then, you got options and feedback from everyone.

It still is the path of least resistance, as game mechanics will always trump graphics. You know this just as I do. IF you were to do this first (and it really is an easy task) then additions/subtractions/tweaks can be decided and tested real-time, based on the feedback from the community.

Surely that makes more sense? As I fear and feel that, perhaps, having people getting involved in a concept is very difficult, when the concept is an abstraction in the minds of everyone wishing to be involved in it?

Without wishing to argue by analogy, if I said to ten people "Bruce Willis. Legal drama." you're gonna have ten different ideas as to what the movie would be. And you know that one of them is gonna involve Bruce yelling 'yippee ki yay' just before he gets The Chair.

Get it in the engine. Get it tested. Sharpen pencils. Take notes.

I rarely make decisions about anything in my professional life. I arrive at conclusions.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brizz, Mitch

guys I honestly don't want you battle each other , as you're both have valid points.

Earlier in that thread there was a link to NyLeve Falls made in UDK/UT3. I think it was a REALLY great work - but to be honest it's not exactly what I'd like to enjoy. So yes, visual art disagreement is a major factor. And personally I see this situation as follows: _if_ there's a remake in existance (with someone's art direction pick) then anyone would have two simple choices:
    - if you're agree, then you could support that (or even take part, if you're an artist)
    - if you're disagree, then you could either stick with original, or make your own (but we all know that latter is much less probable)

But if there's no any remake/work at all, then I think there's no much point to just debate about preferred direction as everyone's got its own sweet spot anyway. (not to sound harsh, I wish we could convert posts from that thread into some Unreal asset - even at rate of 10-to-1 we would be in far better state now).

I personally just need some point of efforts application as I learn modelling/content import anyway (so why not make something actually useful?). And I hope the more we actually do, the greater chances of attracting/involving more people.

---
    @iLikeTheUDK, thanks for the tip! But how could I contact him? (some forum, Q&A - or something else?) Although I think I know my problem now - most likely it's double faces left after some vertices welding... so nothing too serious (and for sure it's not an engine's bug).
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip! But how could I contact him? (some forum, Q&A - or something else?) Although I think I know my problem now - most likely it's double faces left after some vertices welding... so nothing too serious (and for sure it's not an engine's bug).
    He has a Facebook page.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll support the project, even if it never see the light of day as a finished product. At least any content made in UE can be used for maps, and I'm certain it could be really interesting to actually see maps reminescent of Unreal 1's environments. And damn I would be hyped as hell if we even get the chance to play some simple Invasion match on it !

As always I can't give much contributions other than thoughts and opinions, but if I can help in any way I'll try to do my best.

And good luck with this work @exo7341, you did some neat prototyping, I'm fairly certain you can come with a lot of other wonderful things.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awesome. I'd be more than happy to host up levels/maps for some play testing.
    If it doesn't run like on a LAN, it's not LoPing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkloser View Post
    I'll support the project, even if it never see the light of day as a finished product. At least any content made in UE can be used for maps, and I'm certain it could be really interesting to actually see maps reminescent of Unreal 1's environments. And damn I would be hyped as hell if we even get the chance to play some simple Invasion match on it !

As always I can't give much contributions other than thoughts and opinions, but if I can help in any way I'll try to do my best.

And good luck with this work @exo7341, you did some neat prototyping, I'm fairly certain you can come with a lot of other wonderful things.
    At least early on, I guess we could use existing content. For example, Chill, Titan Pass, Facing Worlds and Underland have some assets that could work really well for any Nali Castle stuff and probably also gothic/crypt maps. Used with permission, assets from existing community maps could give us even more choices...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... after current update we now have some monsters AI?..

---

I've tried some smoothing work on my crate. Still doesn't looks best, but at least I got some progress. Here's comparison (smoothed vs previous ver.):

Also I just started a steel box (one with strange logo on its sides):

With this one I'll need to learn material work (as the logo is applied via masking, or something like that).

And finally, basic block-out of hut (untextured yet):

Quickly put torch instead of fire:

Looking forward for making stone, wood and roof materials for that.

---

Thanks, @Darkloser! I think I got some question for you then Every Nali house in the game had sliding doors, although door texture clearly shows iron hinges (and engine actually allowed rotating/hinged doors). What do you think we should do now? Leave texture with hinges on a sliding door, or make hinged one, or even change door texture to that's corresponds to sliding? Personally I'm in favor of sliding variant...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... after current update we now have some monsters AI?..

---

I've tried some smoothing work on my crate. Still doesn't looks best, but at least I got some progress. Here's comparison (smoothed vs previous ver.):

Also I just started a steel box (one with strange logo on its sides):

With this one I'll need to learn material work (as the logo is applied via masking, or something like that).

And finally, basic block-out of hut (untextured yet):

Quickly put torch instead of fire:

Looking forward for making stone, wood and roof materials for that.

---

Thanks, @Darkloser! I think I got some question for you then Every Nali house in the game had sliding doors, although door texture clearly shows iron hinges (and engine actually allowed rotating/hinged doors). What do you think we should do now? Leave texture with hinges on a sliding door, or make hinged one, or even change door texture to that's corresponds to sliding? Personally I'm in favor of sliding variant...
    Okay. Let's test the sliding variant first. I personally would prefer the hinged variant but I think we should test your idea before this.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @exo7341, I believe this is one of those "oversight" that happens in some games.

To keep a middle ground, I would suggest to do some kind of Shõji doors (the japanese sliding doors made of paper) but with a middle-age feeling, so keeping the wood and metal as main materials. That would probably fit very well with the Nalis, and add to the mystic around them. Especially if you see a Nali meditating, I'm certain you would think "damn, he uses some mind powers !".
    That was one of the main point of Unreal, the technologically advanced and savage Skaarj next to the mystic but peaceful and humble Nalis.

Maybe use metal as the rail mechnism for sliding ?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I guess everybody is inclined to sliding doors then

---

Meanwhile I tried to make stone/brick wall material... with rather horrible outcome :

...which brings me to conclusion that even with geometry work done this project could be totally ruined with improper materials. Also I think remaking materials would require not only technical skills, but also some artistic "flair" (so at the moment I'm not sure I could just "learn" that).

It seems to me that the hut will be more hard target for me (for now), so I'll try a couple more other assets meanwhile (like wooden crate, some Nali furniture, etc).
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm affraid you'll bump in this issue in almost every corner. A lot of assets requires a certain level of art skill, which seems to have trouble with. So yeah you can do a model, some mechanics/BP, but you'll really need a hand for getting reasonable textures and other "artistic flair".

I see this issue in your crates already. Model wise they're pretty good ! But regarding their materials... The rusty crate for exemple is indeed rusty, but homogeneously, which makes it unnatural. When you're looking at something rusty, the level of oxidation is different in each patch of the object, some parts are really advanced, others are rather clean.

But even with these issues, I wish you good luck in your work.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I guess everybody is inclined to sliding doors then

---

Meanwhile I tried to make stone/brick wall material... with rather horrible outcome :

...which brings me to conclusion that even with geometry work done this project could be totally ruined with improper materials. Also I think remaking materials would require not only technical skills, but also some artistic "flair" (so at the moment I'm not sure I could just "learn" that).

It seems to me that the hut will be more hard target for me (for now), so I'll try a couple more other assets meanwhile (like wooden crate, some Nali furniture, etc).
    IMO the houses should be properly redone in high poly and then mid/low poly. And of course not all houses are organised the same, even in NyLeve's falls, so things should be quite modular.
    This would also help get better UV mapping, and therefore better-looking materials.
    Also someone else should definitely do the materials...☺

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if materials will become blockers - at least we've learned that first-hand (I mean it's might be actual, objective cause of project's stall).

--

And yes, I also tought about high poly remake of house. I will work on it eventually:
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if materials will become blockers - at least we've learned that first-hand (I mean it's might be actual, objective cause of project's stall).

--

And yes, I also tought about high poly remake of house. I will work on it eventually:
    One note - Try to make it look more lived-in, and also more like a rural hut. Most of the Nali didn't have such great engineering and construction abilities, it wasn't all nice and symmetrical...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
    One note - Try to make it look more lived-in, and also more like a rural hut. Most of the Nali didn't have such great engineering and construction abilities, it wasn't all nice and symmetrical...
    I know, I know ... Actually it's just an estimation of tile size and quantity I need for the roof. I'm going to shuffle them a bit afterwards (and distribute along roof's surface ofc).

I was trying to figure out why does hut's roof top edge has hump instead of straight line? Was it meant to be smooth curved? So, it would be great if enyone knows about some real world prototypes for that houses.

Also, my current aim is indeed modular asset. So resulting house set would have:
    - main sections with at least 2 entrance variants (on different walls)
    - 2 versions of roof (with and w/o attic access)
    - since for some reason fireplaces weren't exactly aligned to center-line (just like doorways themselves), I think this part is also should be separate (oh, and pipe too)
    - got sig? -

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, i've read this thread, the whole thread, and the great dilemma when someone decide to remake a Classic game is :
    "to be or not to be" in this case is : " Remake it from the scratch( when a mapper can do that ) or keep the original brushes and adjust it and make it new ? " the truth is in the middle in my Opinion
    i could the castle from the scratch there, but i think for this kind of games, these old, it is good to maintain the measures, it's a psychological thing, when you're inside the map the player has the sensation to play that game, if I build a castle from scratch would be another castle, certainly better but another castle, so other people have found a good choice, the suggestion I can give is something like BlackMesa, that is a good Example .
    how its made? it is made in this way:

Half lfe 1 is made with Quake 1 Engine modified
    Half Life 2 is made with Quake 2 Engine, heavely modified and basically both are the same thing, if you try to open a HL1 map with the SDK for HL2 you can do that...you will have the map in the Editor

you know that does not happen here with UE as well, you can not open a map for Unreal 2 with UT3Editor even if they are more or less the same engine, you have to take the T3d. file and import. you can take the t3d. from U2 and then port into U3, but if you want to bring previous versions of a map made with previous version you need a good converter for the brushes like XNP did here as well.
    I saw many people wonder: how it should be? only import brushes, and that's it? What we will have? U1 with U4 weapons? and it would't be better import weapons of U4 to U1? lol is the same

The truth is in the middle, i think you have to make a mix keeping the basic brushes for keep the measures of the map, where is the kitchen, you will found the kitchen not the bathroom, after this remove many brushes remake them in 3D
    Unreal 1 needs a Re-architecture Project or it have no much sense in U4

Note: even the original maps have alot of disalligned brushes and other errors u have to fix that too

this is what i can say.
    Last edited by LightingPHX; 01-29-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LightingPHX View Post
    Hi, i've read this thread, the whole thread, and the great dilemma when someone decide to remake a Classic game is :
    "to be or not to be" in this case is : " Remake it from the scratch( when a mapper can do that ) or keep the original brushes and adjust it and make it new ? " the truth is in the middle in my Opinion
    i could the castle from the scratch there, but i think for this kind of games, these old, it is good to maintain the measures, it's a psychological thing, when you're inside the map the player has the sensation to play that game, if I build a castle from scratch would be another castle, certainly better but another castle, so other people have found a good choice, the suggestion I can give is something like BlackMesa, that is a good Example .
    how its made? it is made in this way:

Half lfe 1 is made with Quake 1 Engine modified
    Half Life 2 is made with Quake 2 Engine, heavely modified and basically both are the same thing, if you try to open a HL1 map with the SDK for HL2 you can do that...you will have the map in the Editor

you know that does not happen here with UE as well, you can not open a map for Unreal 2 with UT3Editor even if they are more or less the same engine, you have to take the T3d. file and import. you can take the t3d. from U2 and then port into U3, but if you want to bring previous versions of a map made with previous version you need a good converter for the brushes like XNP did here as well.
    I saw many people wonder: how it should be? only import brushes, and that's it? What we will have? U1 with U4 weapons? and it would't be better import weapons of U4 to U1? lol is the same

The truth is in the middle, i think you have to make a mix keeping the basic brushes for keep the measures of the map, where is the kitchen, you will found the kitchen not the bathroom, after this remove many brushes remake them in 3D
    Unreal 1 needs a Re-architecture Project or it have no much sense in U4
    i saw the Nalis sleeping on "additive brushes" they need even good model for beds, chairs, in the castle we have victorians beds and chairs. at least this is what they tried to do in 1998, clearly victorian beds

so before all you have to import the U1 textures and transform all in material with tasselletion, after this many texture are just painted, them needs to be rebuild in real architecture, the textures are drawn as those of Quake 1,
    so, the beams are drawn? well start getting the real beams, mesh and build them
    Following The texture painted, this is my suggestion

and this is what i get playing Black Mesa, you're playing the brushes of HL1 but with another game, they added stuffs and meshes for make it real. some room is amplified, like that one with police officer, the original one was a little smaller

This is how a Remake should be, you need a good team, there are many maps, in my opinion.

the truth is the middle a mix is a good choice.

Note: even the original maps have alot of disalligned brushes and other errors u have to fix that too

this is what i can say good luck.
    Sorry to rain on your parade, but something tells me that even if this would work in some capacity, this isn't quite how Black Mesa was made...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it civil and on-topic please.
    Last edited by _Lynx; 01-30-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa! I'm surprised this project is still going! Way to go man, keep it up! Hope this goes somewhere! Subscribed to post.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exo with their sexy advances for this great mod!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys! (those who still interested)

I started to learn Substance, so we probably could make our own materials in future.

Here's quick update on steel box:

(I'm not sure I got that logo right though). Also, it's brand new and un-weathered for now (as I haven't mastered adding rust/scratches yet ).

---

As for hut, I got some news too. I couldn't distribute roof tiles the way I wanted it (it's trickier than I thought), so I'm going to try different approach next - making them as a just material (complete with normals etc).
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work on it ! Can you can try your asset by puting them in the first outdoor level (crash site)of Unreal 1 with UE4 ? Not a highly detailed map but just a portion of it near the space ship with the Nali's house Just a suggestion !

Keep it up buddy

Unreal Tournament Contributor

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd maybe try to get some more dirt and scratches on that material, otherwise Nice work

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice works indeed! I'd agree that a more "used" look would top that box off nicely. Keep it Up!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!

Rust and scratches on that crate would require those artistic skills (or experience at least) I was talking about . My tries on that doesn't look good so far, so I think this might take some time.

@Dizzi, that's actually was my plan of how to start small.
    Ideally I'd like to recreate some really small corner of game (like Harobed village - a few houses and a church). As I'm (currently) believe that great remake is not only about proper level geometry (which is leaves no questions, and doable even at slow pace), but also about (seemingly) unnecessary details. That's why I'm bother about those crates and house materials. But even this poses following challenges to us:
    - stone wall material is hard because of stone edges (needs errosion, dents etc) and color/brightness variation across individual stones
    - wooden materials are hard because of actual wood patterns
    - roof tiles material require tricky distribution and shadowing to look natural

I hope I could overcome all these with time, but currently I'm limited with relatively simple metallic surfaces

But the geometry itself (both level- and items-related) is much less of a problem, so we're only restricted by lack of appropriate materials.
    Last edited by exo7341; 02-02-2017 at 12:14 AM.
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!

Rust and scratches on that crate would require those artistic skills (or experience at least) I was talking about . My tries on that doesn't look good so far, so I think this might take some time.

@Dizzi, that's actually was my plan of how to start small.
    Ideally I'd like to recreate some really small corner of game (like Harobed village - a few houses and a church). As I'm (currently) believe that great remake is not only about proper level geometry (which is leaves no questions, and doable even at slow pace), but also about (seemingly) unnecessary details. That's why I'm bother about those crates and house materials. But even this poses following challenges to us:
    - stone wall material is hard because of stone edges (needs errosion, dents etc) and color/brightness variation across individual stones
    - wooden materials are hard because of actual wood patterns
    - roof tiles material require tricky distribution and shadowing to look natural

I hope I could overcome all these with time, but currently I'm limited with relatively simple metallic surfaces

But the geometry itself (both level- and items-related) is much less of a problem, so we're only restricted by lack of appropriate materials.
    Some of those things could be come by using smart materials (which are an amazing thing IMO, which also saved me plenty of time once) in Substance Painter for some of the process. I think it'll work for at least the stone materials.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, guys!

I finally made something directly comparable . Still struggling with stone/roof tiles materials (and even crate rust lol), so I decided to achieve some 'small' victory. It took me 10 days eventually ... so here's the result ("You got 8 Rifle rounds" ©):

- got sig? -

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, guys!

I finally made something directly comparable . Still struggling with stone/roof tiles materials (and even crate rust lol), so I decided to achieve some 'small' victory. It took me 10 days eventually ... so here's the result ("You got 8 Rifle rounds" ©):

NOICE. You could maybe work on it some more IMO but holy **** this is already some really sweet stuff. Really looking forward for the rest.
    Anyway, did you export a curvature map and an AO map to Substance? They can help a lot with designing the material.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good, exo!

Rock on.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @exo7341, No rust and fluids on it, do not want !

I'm joking, your ammo case is really neat ! I would indeed like if you could reproduce all the details (rust and that liquid), but I am nitpicking. It could definitely be used as it.
    Keep going !

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very neat snipe ammo box you've done there exo7341! Keep it Up!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, guys!

I know, it's not perfect - but I think we could revisit it later (making new materials should be easier than making new meshes). For instance, I did silver bullets simply because I was thinking it would be more cool or scifi-ish. But combined with box, it lost its original contrast (original ammo was looking like "golden cones on a gray box", but my version looks more like "gray cones on a black box"). So I certainly will want to fix some things in future.

@iLikeTheUDK, thanks for the tip! I think I just need more practice with that tool.
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, guys!

I think I've found my testing ground - some part of game that is mostly metallic and not too advanced. That level is Dug.unr which basically ends the game's beggining and prepares transition to temple thematics. Here's my scale check for initial pass (btw, floor material is first thing made by me with Substance Designer - totally from the scratch, including uneven diamond pattern):

(file is too heavy to be attached, so here's gif link)
    http://imgur.com/a/QcSLc

Seems too shiny so far, but all stuff is WIP.
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Impressive ! I like this idea of showing before/after !

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've almost finished my beginning part block out from Dug.

I'd like to share this work, so you could check it out - but I'm not sure how to do this? Would providing .pak file be enough for that?
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes why not ! I'll appreciate it ^^

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, guys, here's my pak file (let me know if there's some problems with it):

http://www.filedropper.com/dm-u1-dug...indowsnoeditor

It should work like any regular DM level (i.e. you put this into your paks folder, then go to offline match, custom game, look for DM-U1-DugTest, ensure bots count is zero, and that's it).

Again, it's just starting shell block out. Main point here is to check scaling, learn making materials (and making levels in general ) etc. Oh, and btw don't forget Unreal's default FOV was 90 (vs current one of 100).
    Last edited by exo7341; 02-19-2017 at 06:25 AM.
    - got sig? -

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK, guys, here's my pak file (let me know if there's some problems with it):
    http://www.filedropper.com/dm-u1-dug...indowsnoeditor
    It should work like any regular DM level (i.e. you put this into your paks folder, then go to offline match, custom game, look for DM-U1-DugTest, ensure bots count is zero, and that's it).
    Again, it's just starting shell block out. Main point here is to check scaling, learn making materials (and making levels in general ) etc. Oh, and btw don't forget Unreal's default FOV was 90 (vs current one of 100).
    Niceness exo7341! Thanks for share'n this with the rest of us!

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast