User Tag List

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Unreal (1998) - Remake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've obviously been very busy exo7341and it is all looking fantastic! Love the ammo boxes and hope to check out the level soon. Keep up the great work, hopefully it will inspire others. Thanks for all your hard work.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GnrlSpecific View Post
    You've obviously been very busy exo7341and it is all looking fantastic! Love the ammo boxes and hope to check out the level soon. Keep up the great work, hopefully it will inspire others. Thanks for all your hard work.
    Oh, thanks!
    I think you guys should know that your support is nearly as important as actual stuff-making.

----
    @NATO_chrisjm, can you suggest some general strategy with those levels recreation? I mean, we have some unusual stuff with them. For example U1's most used brush sizing of 8, 16 and 128, corresponds to 22, 44 and 352 units (for current UT's eye height). I noticed some of my bsp brushes become "clipped", or disappear completely. Can this be due to weird sizing (all brushes are aligned to 1-sized grid though)? Also, should I stick with pure BSP - or better to do as much meshes as I can? (is it a bad idea to make whole level as a single mesh?)
    - Life means motion. Only dead things remain static and doesn't change -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made some progress with my shell:

I was going to share its pak, but the Level Sequencers (which control lava platforms at level's beginning) doesn't seem to work in a cooked map for some reason (but they do work in Editor itself). Although level is 'roofless' now, BSP brushwork is mostly done. Next I'll need more materials and UE knowledge (Lightmass Importance volume? no more than 4 shadow-casting lights at once? and much more).
    - Life means motion. Only dead things remain static and doesn't change -

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920