User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 0.1.7.1 Update posted 1/26/2017

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kill the "kill cam". Disable it, cut it, freeze that tumor with liquid nirogen, for the love of god, if you believe in any , make this torture stop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bigger torture is the respawn timer

Its absolutely useless in DM, TDM
    || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Unreal Tournament Contributor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayrack View Post
    Kill the "kill cam". Disable it, cut it, freeze that tumor with liquid nirogen, for the love of god, if you believe in any , make this torture stop.
    loool

Yeah I'd much rather have it old style like in UT99, that was way funnier, especially when you got gibbed and the camera got attached to your head spinning around. Would be great if the deathcam could be turned off for people that really don't want/need it and be replaced by something like the above or something simpler even.
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like a replay or killcam like Call of Duty because its actually useful so you can see how you died. Aiming the camera in the direction of the killer from your body is pretty useless in this game as you move so fast they have already taken 10 steps by the time the camera reacts. A replay of end of match death would be cool to in certain modes.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nes710 View Post
    I'd like a replay or killcam like Call of Duty because its actually useful so you can see how you died. Aiming the camera in the direction of the killer from your body is pretty useless in this game as you move so fast they have already taken 10 steps by the time the camera reacts. A replay of end of match death would be cool to in certain modes.
    I think this might work in flag run where there is a longer respawn time, but CTF, DM, TDM, etc all still need their spawn times reduced back to 1.5 secs.

Where this would be good is to show a selection of multikills, amazing combos, shreddeds, air rockets, etc that happened during the match at half time or the end of the game. They did experiment with this at one point, but it was a bit buggy.
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Flak (reduce damage and initial shard collision size), Team Balance, Warm-up too long, Scoreboards lack player stats, Spawn Delay.

My Plays.TV random frags to scroll through: http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    somehow i hate the kill cam in DM. i just cant stand waiting 1 or 1.5 seconds every single death to be able to just skip it.
    if i wanted to look at other peoples skins or whatever i will click on their profile and watch them whole day but not on kill cam.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we nerf FLAK yet? Gun is insane right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -option to turn off damage numbers when dealing damage
    -option to turn off gore
    -MUCH louder enemy spawn sound

especially that last point prevents me from playing since i only play instagib dm, but its unplayable without proper enemy spawn sound
    done within minutes, yet it would please lots of people

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nes710 View Post

I would like this for Elimination, but not sure if it makes sense for standard gametypes when you need to respawn immediately.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see why it wouldn't work for regular gametypes. You just have a cancel button where it ends the replay early if you don't want to watch it, and also a toggle feature to turn it off completely if players don't like it, problem solved.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought this quick video might highlight how OP tri rox and flak are and also remind the devs how bad the sound is (hopefully they all ready know).

Here I get annihilated by tri rox even though I had an idea they might be coming (lack of sound cues and poor sound direction). Then the other guy easily flaks someone in the back (gets flak one-shotted in return.)

https://youtu.be/8N7G9c3baj0

(Late join btw )

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch84 View Post
    I thought this quick video might highlight how OP tri rox and flak are and also remind the devs how bad the sound is (hopefully they all ready know).

Here I get annihilated by tri rox even though I had an idea they might be coming (lack of sound cues and poor sound direction). Then the other guy easily flaks someone in the back (gets flak one-shotted in return.)

(Late join btw )
    Dude! That's not fun for you ? For everyone!? It looks fun! Flak! Flak! Flak! Flak! Death from above! or behind you! or to the right of you! Who can even tell!?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by legionz View Post
    Dude! That's not fun for you ? For everyone!? It looks fun! Flak! Flak! Flak! Flak! Death from above! or behind you! or to the right of you! Who can even tell!?
    Ninja flak tournament! It's teh best

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Late join btw )
    I don't have a problem with your clip, you could hear rockets loading but with a lot of people in a game you won't know necessarily they are for you. He had higher position and knew you were down there, I don't see an issue with that kill.

Flak on the other hand is a joke and needs a nerf, it needed a nerf last build but instead got buffed. I don't get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at epic games - release a patch and then go silent until next patch (granted there was a hotfix soon after but only cause of game breaking bug)

this development is pointless - why involve us, the players, at all if you are going silent and not implementing number of suggestions already posted on this forum after each build?

I am in favor of epic games closing this model of UT4 development (remove the pre-alpha for general public) and going the traditional AAA development route - route which epic games is clearly more familiar with

all these builds do is piss people off - either by bugs, imbalance, lack of features, slow development cycle, slow performance, etc

just release the game when its ready and hopefully it will be good - by this point you got more than enough input on what hardcore players want (ut99/ut2004 remake) and you (epic games) clearly think you know what general public wants (less hitscan, more casual game modes/weapons, matchmaking, ranks, etc)
    || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Late join btw )
    What's to see here? You got hit with three rockets from point blank range, and you're complaining you died? Doesnt matter if you knew they were coming or not, because they came right on top of you. You're not allowed to say "shouldnt count becaused I knew you were doing it"

You then proceed to complain that he managed to hit a guy with flak (when running striaght behind him and very close), and then complain again that he was one-shot killed by flak in return (when he only had 44 health, and again he was very close to the guy that returned fire).

In your small clip you saw a tri-rox kill, shock combos galore (including a shock combo that would have killed you had you survived the rox), sniper shots, some alt stinger fire and then two short-range flak exchanges. A wee bit variety, and yet the obligatory 'flak flak flak' posters come in with their usual nonsense.

Don't you want deaths in this game or something?

The only thing I will say here is that the shooter of tri-rox should have taken more self-inflicted damage. That was point blank range!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RøOk!e View Post
    I don't have a problem with your clip, you could hear rockets loading but with a lot of people in a game you won't know necessarily they are for you. He had higher position and knew you were down there, I don't see an issue with that kill.

Flak on the other hand is a joke and needs a nerf, it needed a nerf last build but instead got buffed. I don't get it.
    The point of the video is if we're going to have such bad audio tracking then we need to nerf flak and tri rockets. In game types with this many players it's too easy to sneak up one someone and basically wipe them out. Yeah, not the best OP tri rox example.
    Last edited by enoch84; 02-13-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point of the video is if we're going to have such bad audio tracking then we need to nerf flak and tri rockets. In game types with this many players it's too easy to sneak up one someone and basically wipe them out. Yeah, not the best OP tri rox example.
    I find lock on rockets to be retarded but tri-rox in general take a bit of loading time and at least I have a general idea it's coming from somewhere soon. Flak on the other hand is a joke right now and obliterates everything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid patch, very thankful, so sorry for the negativity that's about to follow. The game itself is coming along very nicely but the gameplay continues to worsen. It's being said over and over again every build. I actually feel bad because all of the streams and zaccubus vids stress that changes aren't permanent and are just being played around with, imo implying that the pitchforks aren't necessary, but the changes are so awful that it never happens.

Flag Run is cool. Had some fun. It's also overwatch/tf2/paladins.. and asymmetrical, which means balancing weapons globally for that mode while the rest of the game is symmetrical is probably not wise?

Rox and flak are retarded, still. Flak is more retarded than rox, again. I know it's been said that balancing is not a priority right now, but weapons are being changed and it's in a consistent direction of more dmg/less skill.

Perfectly placed amazing combos do 200dmg, but heat-seeking tri-rox do 300...think about the type of gameplay that's rewarding.

Flak was strong, arguably op before, and shard speed was buffed (significantly) without adjusting any other values. What are your thoughts when you do this type of stuff? Are you just testing the feel of the weapon? If that's the case, why not offset the buff - potentially with a "non permanent" change while the community plays it out?

Combo min dmg could probably be reduced (was buffed 8/25/2016) too...as well as all of the redeemer changes...

Stinger secondary isn't OP, but its not fun either. Doesn't take months to figure that out. Original stinger secondary was quite alright in comparison.

I'm salty af rn. I was enjoying no rox elim in peace last build. It was the first time in months I was really enjoying the game, everyone had to aim and think, and I can't even do that now.
    Last edited by Dopesack; 02-14-2017 at 02:39 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopesack View Post
    Solid patch, very thankful, so sorry for the negativity that's about to follow. The game itself is coming along very nicely but the gameplay continues to worsen. It's being said over and over again every build. I actually feel bad because all of the streams and zaccubus vids stress that changes aren't permanent and are just being played around with, imo implying that the pitchforks aren't necessary, but the changes are so awful that it never happens.

Flag Run is cool. Had some fun. It's also overwatch/tf2/paladins.. and asymmetrical, which means balancing weapons globally for that mode while the rest of the game is symmetrical is probably not wise?

Rox and flak are retarded, still. Flak is more retarded than rox, again. I know it's been said that balancing is not a priority right now, but weapons are being changed and it's in a consistent direction of more dmg/less skill.

Perfectly placed amazing combos do 200dmg, but heat-seeking tri-rox do 300...think about the type of gameplay that's rewarding.

Flak was strong, arguably op before, and shard speed was buffed (significantly) without adjusting any other values. What are your thoughts when you do this type of stuff? Are you just testing the feel of the weapon? If that's the case, why not offset the buff - potentially with a "non permanent" change while the community plays it out?

Combo min dmg could probably be reduced (was buffed 8/25/2016) too...as well as all of the redeemer changes...

I'm salty af rn. I was enjoying no rox elim in peace last patch. It was the first time in months I was really enjoying the game, everyone had to aim and think, and I can't even do that now.
    I agree 100%. The OP rockets and Flak are just sucking the enjoyment out of this game. Prior to this patch the US population on an average weekday was 100+ players, its now down to around 50. If you are in the open and someone gets a rocket lock on you, you CANT escape them. Its guaranteed damage and if its 3 rockets you will be lucky to survive. Most Elimination games are nothing more than Flak battles because you dont need to use anything else.
    PayBack
    "I make maps for the American working man because thats who I am and thats who I care about"
    UT4 Maps CTF-Polaris CTF-Blitz CTF-Warehouse11 CTF-Oasis
    Come Join UT4Pugs.us on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furma View Post
    lol at epic games - release a patch and then go silent until next patch (granted there was a hotfix soon after but only cause of game breaking bug)

this development is pointless - why involve us, the players, at all if you are going silent and not implementing number of suggestions already posted on this forum after each build?

I am in favor of epic games closing this model of UT4 development (remove the pre-alpha for general public) and going the traditional AAA development route - route which epic games is clearly more familiar with

all these builds do is piss people off - either by bugs, imbalance, lack of features, slow development cycle, slow performance, etc

just release the game when its ready and hopefully it will be good - by this point you got more than enough input on what hardcore players want (ut99/ut2004 remake) and you (epic games) clearly think you know what general public wants (less hitscan, more casual game modes/weapons, matchmaking, ranks, etc)
    At this rate it will be 2047 when it's ready for release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss beeing able to set 1 key for 2 or more things.
    So i could set jump and fire to the same key or dodge and alt-fire to the same key.

Somewhere last year i was able to do that. Maybe i am doing something wrong now ?
    MSI Z170A GAMING M5 | i7-6700k 4GHz | 4x4GB DDR4 - 2666MHz | MSI GTX 970 4GB | ASUS IPS 120Hz 1440P | Audioengine D1 + Sennheiser HD650 | WIN 10 x64

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They talk on discord almost all day

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit I am a little disappointed seeing characters closely resembling the robot faction appear in Robo Recall before it ever sees the light of day in UT, though the model has been ready for probably close to a year. In another video I watched Cliff B demoing Boss Key's game and couldn't help but notice other similarities to work of the UT team and its community developers, from HUD elements to the shock rifle. Perhaps this experiment has been most successful of all for other titles in that they get free access to a lot of great designs and ideas from the collective hivemind...

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There must be a reason for holding it off. Packing it into something special maybe.

That looks like quite a good VR game though!

It would be nice if some of the other Unreal Engine stuff worked it's way back in to UT4. Characters from Paragon or something?
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Flak (reduce damage and initial shard collision size), Team Balance, Warm-up too long, Scoreboards lack player stats, Spawn Delay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by master94ga View Post
    They talk on discord almost all day
    what about? and why do they not talk on their official forums or their official youtube channel lol

or should I be connected on discord all day every day in hopes of catching someone from epic games talking about game?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurgl View Post
    It would be nice if some of the other Unreal Engine stuff worked it's way back in to UT4. Characters from Paragon or something?
    I think every game universe should stand on its own and not use crossovers. It ruins the immersion. Crossovers are just a marketing gimmick and do nothing for the longevity or success of a game.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about? and why do they not talk on their official forums or their official youtube channel lol

or should I be connected on discord all day every day in hopes of catching someone from epic games talking about game?
    About all need to be talked, two days ago they said that new build is planned for next week. They said that they know that flak is too strong but right now their focus is not the balance but the feeling of the weapon, also if the flak got a nerf today.

They do a youtube video each build

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About all need to be talked, two days ago they said that new build is planned for next week.
    great

They said that they know that flak is too strong but right now their focus is not the balance but the feeling of the weapon, also if the flak got a nerf today.
    I don't understand this

1) what is the difference between balance and "feeling of the weapon"? why are those things mutually exclusive?

2) "their focus is not the balance" - yet, every patch they change the balance of the weapons. how does that make sense?

They do a youtube video each build
    no they dont
    we have january patch notes video and last one before that is from october 2016..and before that we had underland trailer (8 months ago)

so in 8 months, only 3 videos regarding patches on their official youtube channel (rest is bunch of unreal plays videos that are short highlight videos submitted by users themselves)

epic games communication with community has been abysmal - started out good and then it fell flat
    thats why I am all for traditional way of developing UT - just release it when its done and stop making it out like you are all for user input and then ignore it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RøOk!e View Post
    I find lock on rockets to be retarded but tri-rox in general take a bit of loading time and at least I have a general idea it's coming from somewhere soon. Flak on the other hand is a joke right now and obliterates everything.
    I find the lock-on retarded also and the tri-rox too spammy for a serieus arena shooter.
    I also find the rockets so slow that they are boring to use. I rather have a smaller damage radius but with faster rockets, because this feels so sluggish.
    Even a dodge is faster than the travel speed of a rocket, which also results in suicide now and then.
    The Flak (Mini-redeemer) on the other hand is indeed the joke of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand this

1) what is the difference between balance and "feeling of the weapon"? why are those things mutually exclusive?
    Feeling: if you are satisfied when you kill somebody with that weapon. The feeling is also if you like the fire mode of the weapon, how it works.
    Balance: if you are satisfied with the dmg

They are working most of all in the first one, balance is also tweaked a bit every patch but is not their focus right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feeling: if you are satisfied when you kill somebody with that weapon. The feeling is also if you like the fire mode of the weapon, how it works.
    Balance: if you are satisfied with the dmg
    I am not satisfied, I don't like the feeling and how flak works because its overpowered (due to imbalance/ridiculous damage and fire speed).

I play with hidden weapon models so I don't even get to see my weapon, I am only interested in its fire rate and damage it deals.

excluding balance from "weapon feeling" is pointless - they go hand in hand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not satisfied, I don't like the feeling and how flak works because its overpowered (due to imbalance/ridiculous damage and fire speed).

I play with hidden weapon models so I don't even get to see my weapon, I am only interested in its fire rate and damage it deals.

excluding balance from "weapon feeling" is pointless - they go hand in hand
    Flak got a nerf today that should be released in the next patch: "Flak damage adjustments: shard 14->13, shell direct hit 109->103."
    Now it does the exact same damage of ut2k4

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Flak got a nerf today that should be released in the next patch: "Flak damage adjustments: shard 14->13, shell direct hit 109->103."
    Now it does the exact same damage of ut2k4
    Woohoo! This takes the max possible damage down to 117, which prevents 1 shotting a newly spawned individual.

The other aspect is the initial hit collision size. I think a direct hit at point blank range should be a 100-120 damage shot, but the large collision of the shards when they are fired initially (the collision size shrinks) makes it so that 7 or 8 of the shards will hit if you get "good" accuracy. Lowering this size will go a good way to reducing the OP nature of the weapon, whilst still keeping it powerful for a well aimed shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So happy to hear of flack nerf. I know new players like it for easy kills but as a flag runner in traditional ctf it became almost impossible to survive 5 players all using flack chasing you. Can't wait for next patch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    don't see it as much of a nerf tbh
    what gametypes have 25A on spawn? only FR yeah?
    so it still gibs a fresh spawn, and it's still too generous with it's collision size and spread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trying to think of other ways to make flag running more balanced. obviously good support is the key, but even then with several defence all using flack it gets spammy. now i realise i need to adapt and use weapons that help facilitate my survival and using flack back (fight fire with fire) can work but its just the numbers of people choosing to use it due to its current effectiveness. maybe there is a way to slow rate of fire or minimize primary damage or even the number of players that can possess it at once. (i understand the latter opens up a whole new can of problems) just throwing around ideas. btw love the game and am so happy to see it being worked on again. as far as i'm concerned its the premier fps arena style game out there. still love the shock (especially the combo) and the tl is such a great addition to fps games even since 99. makes it so fast and adds such a unique aspect to the game.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bacon buster View Post
    don't see it as much of a nerf tbh
    what gametypes have 25A on spawn? only FR yeah?
    so it still gibs a fresh spawn, and it's still too generous with it's collision size and spread
    All game types have 25 armor on spawn. So 1 shot wont kill a fresh spawn.
    PayBack
    "I make maps for the American working man because thats who I am and thats who I care about"
    UT4 Maps CTF-Polaris CTF-Blitz CTF-Warehouse11 CTF-Oasis
    Come Join UT4Pugs.us on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PayBack View Post
    All game types have 25 armor on spawn. So 1 shot wont kill a fresh spawn.
    Deathmatch does not, from what I last played (week or two ago).
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    correct
    and with no hammer, you can't even attempt to deflect the shot

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast