User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warmup Mode

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tack View Post
    In my ~ year or so playing this game I have never seen a single change affect the player base as drastically as this one has.
    I was really starting to get worried when we first started seeing the "need X more" stuff. I never in my wildest dreams thought it would get even worse. If the next build is still 8 mins for the first match, the problem will not have been addressed at all.

I watched a Battlefield 1 stream and they were able to fill a 20 player match in about a minute. This works great when you have thousands of players online, not so great with 100 spread around the world.

Epic: People expect bugs and performance issues while they are playing in a pre-alpha. If players are faced with an enormous hurdle just to play a match, you have predictable results i.e. the lowest player counts I've seen in a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post
    addbots 4

Thanks for the advice, but I've tried putting that into the console and I'm just getting 'Command not recognised'. Perhaps I'm just being dense?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah everyone is gone and no one will ever come back what are we to do?????

Man you guys sound so doom and gloom, just relaxxxxxxxxxxx.. the game hasn't even started yet.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstDoor View Post
    Thanks for the advice, but I've tried putting that into the console and I'm just getting 'Command not recognised'. Perhaps I'm just being dense?
    This commands needs to be entered by a server admin.
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lynx View Post
    This commands needs to be entered by a server admin.

Ah, of course. Thanks _Lynx, that'll be it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warmup doesn't work for me since I have the SR bound to the enter key. Every time I go to select the SR I die

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EU experience: Across 4 hubs during peak hours (17:00-22:00) there is all together 2 full DM matches per 8 players each, 1 full custom CTF match per 12 players (or in place of it 1 standard CTF for 10 if unlucky), 1 duel. Plus there is usually 3+ full 8-player matches at the Elimination HUB.

I am not saying it is bad but it used to be better.

Main issue is that CTF match is full with 3 players on spectate because players are not patient enough to start a new parallel match and wait 8 minutes before each map since it is almost impossible to fill a second match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is an 8 minute warmup in the next build I'm done with this game. I only play this and pretty much no other games so it's a hard choice but I can't afford to waste 8 minutes to play a game at my age.
    Last edited by dazednconfused; 03-19-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Warmup doesn't work for me since I have the SR bound to the enter key. Every time I go to select the SR I die
    Haha, i feel you, i bound allsay on Enter and only after dying a couple times, i realized, that it's the hardcoded-default to leave warmup.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    warmup time can be eliminated with a simple command line added command! ... its up the the server owner/operater to change that unless your talking about epic's hub!

... in that case I would look for a "Trusted" hub ran by a community member closest to your area/location! You can get the SAME experience and rank up but you also get community made content as well!

Best of Both worlds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazednconfused View Post
    If there is an 8 minute warmup in the next build I'm done with this game. I only play this and pretty much no other games so it's a hard choice but I can't afford to waste 8 minutes to play a game at my age.
    .Perfectly said. I am thinking exactly the same thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to consider about this 8 minute warm up mode. If this is a forum where the players put in their ideas, and I would guess the developers of the game read the forum, and this problem is NOT fixed soon, then they care not about the game. Yes I know, it is pre alpha, blah, blah, blah, but isn't this what this forum is for? Ideas, bug reports, and other things to help the game along? I like the game, but I am seeing less people play it every week, and I would bet this warm up issue is the main cause. And yes, I know, the game is not released yet, so nobody cares. The developers should care if they want the final product to sell. How many people out there would buy the game with the features it has now? before this last update I bet the amount of players was increasing. This weekend, I had a hard time just finding a match. The product needs to be built up and improved to one day be a product people will buy. I do not see that happening right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get rid of Warmup & Ready MODES !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is anything intrinsically wrong with haing a wait-time to allow a match to fill either fully or a reduced time to fill partially (as it is now) but the default (which I understand is impossible to override?) times are too long. Being in a 6/7 player match with 8 min-desired players, waiting for 8 minutes or so is just painful so people leave or occasionally task-swap out and then forget about it and become idlers. The biggest problems I see at the moment are the easiest to solve and I mentioned this on the thread for the changelog for the last patch too - in a nutshell, roughly halve the wait-times, and deal much more sensibly and strictly with idling players who still seem to be able to unbalance multiple games in a row currently (without any limit?) where calls to other players for them to be kicked can go on for multiple games just to regain at least a reasonable degree of balance! The direction Epic has taken isn't unreasonable but its implementation appears to have been completely untested and a shot in the dark, which has not payed off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said it before, will say it again. The intern who had the idea to introduce this "feature" should be fired. The moment I see "waiting for x player" I minimize UT and do something else. At least make the Icon of UT blink in the taskbar when the game is full. (Cool feature from a game called Awesomenauts) There you have to wait too for other players (but not for 8 minutes lol) and it makes sure people see that the game is ready even if the game itself is minimized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeylou View Post
    At least make the Icon of UT blink in the taskbar when the game is full. (Cool feature from a game called Awesomenauts) There you have to wait too for other players (but not for 8 minutes lol) and it makes sure people see that the game is ready even if the game itself is minimized.
    Oh, yes, definitely!
    That would be so helpful if the icon in the taskbar icon blinked on map load (in case of duel matchmaking/quick play) and when the warmup ends/is about to end! I don't mind the longer waiting times as long as I can reliably tab out to check social networks or watch a youtube video and not be afraid I'll miss out or be an idler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeylou View Post
    Said it before, will say it again. The intern who had the idea to introduce this "feature" should be fired. The moment I see "waiting for x player" I minimize UT and do something else. At least make the Icon of UT blink in the taskbar when the game is full. (Cool feature from a game called Awesomenauts) There you have to wait too for other players (but not for 8 minutes lol) and it makes sure people see that the game is ready even if the game itself is minimized.
    Blinking icon or some other notification would be good, yus!

Don't think the idea itself is terrible, but is just too extreme currently. I've played plenty of 3vs3 CTF and FlagRun matches (albeit with bots usually making it 5vs5 or 6vs6) and not really been bothered about not having full (human) teams. Nothing wrong with keeping warmup mode or waiting a bit (sometimes it's even nice to have a short break between rounds), but 4 mins, give or take, should be the default - e.g. 2 mins or until 8 players -> 2 extra mins or until 6 players -> start. You can't please everyone but having less extreme defaults and giving server admins/instance starters the option to override those 4 variables (MinDesiredPlayers_High, MinDesiredPlayers_Low, and the associated wait times) seems like the best way forward to me rather than just completely removing a new game mechanic which probably just needs some tweaking.

(PS: Sorry to any forum admins if this appears twice - first attempt at posting seemed to fail)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123