Multihome Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multihome Issue

I figure this is something that should be brought to attention.

Running a dedicated server with multihome with linux and windows requires using the 1st IP bound to the box.
    lets say you have 3 ips

and 1.1.1.100 is the 1st ip bound to the box.

If you set 1.1.1.102 as the ip for ut4 server it will show up in the browser in red. Looking through the client logs it is looking for a server on 1.1.1.100:15000 instead on 1.1.1.102:15000
    By changing the ip to 1.1.1.100 it will show up in the browser correctly.

This is done with a clean install from the newest build following the wiki's found here on the forums.

I hope this helps if others are having a similar issue.

Omg, I have exactly that problem! I was wondering if ARK server is maybe somehow preventing correct functioning.
    But my problem is, the original IP that is bound to the box is actually being kept secret. So I cannot have UT4 server broadcasting that IP. I have secondary IPs available, one specific dedicated for games but like you already said, when I use ?multihome, it appears red in the browser. Strange thing though, when I click on the server in the browser, it won't connect. However, when I use Connect via IP, it works perfectly.
    Any help available on how I can fix the "appear red" issue while still having it using the IP I give it?

Comment

Originally posted by Birman View Post
      when I use ?multihome, it appears red in the browser. Strange thing though, when I click on the server in the browser, it won't connect. However, when I use Connect via IP, it works perfectly.
      That was exactly what was happening on doughman's server before he changed it to use the primary ip instead.

It looks like a bug where the server reports the primary IP to the MCP even though it's actually listening on the -multihome configured IP. We even confirmed that the MCP was sending clients the primary IP of the server instead of the configured one.
      My UT4 Video channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...0ysqE_3wuv1usQ

Comment

Working...
      X