Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] UT Server Documentation Mega Thread!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to gather all the links to anything relevant to servers or their documentation and make sure it was easy to find what you are looking for. Please keep in mind that the project is still currently in a "Pre-Alpha" state which means this documentation is likely to change rapidly or rapidly become out of date. Please double check the documentation or links for the last time or build that anything was updated. I will try to keep all of my docs up to date or at least communicate what build it was last verified on.

If you guys have any questions or suggestions please feel free to post and let me know. I will be aggressive about moderating this thread, so please attempt to keep all post relevant to the subject at hand.

UT Hub Server Documentation
    UT Windows Hub Server Documentation - From RZE - Updated 8/30/15
    UT Linux Hub Server Documentation - From RZE - Updated 8/30/15

Wiki's
    UT Servers - Unreal Engine Wiki Article - Started by DrSin and PeteNub - Slightly out of date

Community Contributions
    DDUT4: Linux Server Administration & Deployment Suite - DDRRE - Updated 9/27/15
    How to retrieve the map name/URL from pak files (short: list all maps) - RattleSN4K3 - 9/9/15

If you have any contributions, links, or feedback to add please let me know in the thread below.

Thanks!
    -RZE
    Last edited by RZE; 09-29-2015, 11:43 AM.

Placeholder Post

Comment

Placeholder Post#2

Comment

Placeholder Post#3

Comment

Big thanks for this RZE

Now just need someone to develop a Rcon tool that works nicely, so I can monitor the HUB/Servers without having to launch and spectate :P
          Last edited by FlakSabbath; 09-10-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

This thread has some documentation that's hard to figure out.

https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...4-Game-Options
            My UT4 Video channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...0ysqE_3wuv1usQ

Comment

any info on getting c++ plugins working (for non coders) would be greatly appreciated
              Can't seem to find much on the subject xcept some topics from r4ttlesn4ke
              BT-AncientLost | BT-Indus12 | BT-AirRace | BT-YouAreLOL
              DM-Pure-Pro | DM-Vezon | DM-RedeemerSniperHeaven

blog | home | discord
              ‚Äč
              Come frag with us! Absolute (Amsterdam) , Absolute (Atlanta) , Absolute (Indiana)

Comment

Making replays work on trusted servers:

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
                In case I haven't gotten the word out. If you have a trusted hub, to enable demo recording you need to add the following options to your Game.ini:

[/Script/Engine.GameMode]
                bHandleDedicatedServerReplays=true
                "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Joining a stand alone dedicated server to a hub. This currently does not work properly and has bugs. Biggest issue is that mapvote with the current build at the time of this posting (October 27th) will not work on stand alone servers joined to a hub.

IMPORTANT: Never join an untrusted dedicated stand alone server to a trusted hub. Epic will disable your trusted key if you do! If you already have a trusted key from Epic you can apply your trusted key to a dedicated stand alone server that YOU ADMIN but if you are caught sharing your key with an admin of another server they will revoke your key.

You really only need to do two things. First set the access keys in the game.ini in the hub. Each dedicated stand alone server joined to the hub requires its own unique key.

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTLobbyGameState]
                  AccessKeys=Key1
                  AccessKeys=Key2

Then add the following line to the batch file used to start the stand alone server

?HUB=IPAddressofHub?HUBKey=Key1

Also make sure the hub is up and running before you start the stand alone server. If the hub server is restarted, you sometimes need to restart the stand alone to get it to rejoin.
                  Last edited by PayBack; 11-05-2015, 09:34 AM.
                  PayBack
                  Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
                  Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
                  UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
                  UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

HI RZE, would you please kindly provide me the valid download link of UT Server, which is not available on the page https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Server...nt)#UT_Servers.
                    Many thanks.

Comment

PatrickHC The latest server links can always be found in the blog post for the latest update. Current one is https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtour...-notes-june-28
                      "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                      - RenegadeRetard

Comment

Working...
                      X