Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to retrieve the map name/URL from pak files (short: list all maps)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samarties View Post
    Hi everyone,

I built something a little while back but have now made it available to you all. Let me know if any of the generated output is incorrect.

http://tools.ut4.eu/map-parser/web/
    That is actually really sweet! Nice job on that. One little thing, regarding the path for the rules.ini, you don't need the ".umap" extension. I also tried a mutator and it broke so I guess maps only for now?
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Very nice tool, samarties. Thank you!
      -Fn>Metalfist
      ---------------------
      BT-CrashOut | CTF-AsteroidDrill | UT99 Ports&Muts | Nyandeemer | LogoSplash | Unreal Papercrafts | Unreal Monsters | ChaosUT | UT-SLV: Strangelove | DeviantArt | Zunnie's Mug

Comment

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
        That is actually really sweet! Nice job on that. One little thing, regarding the path for the rules.ini, you don't need the ".umap" extension. I also tried a mutator and it broke so I guess maps only for now?
        Thanks for your feedback, good point about the .umap and I've just updated it to work with mutators too. Keep the feedback coming.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, good point about the .umap and I've just updated it to work with mutators too. Keep the feedback coming.
          [MENTION=185100]samarties[/MENTION] I hope you can keep this running (it's not working for me right now). It is a big help for admins.

Edit: It seems to be working partially but doesn't work for some URLs.

Works for this: https://redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/...wsNoEditor.pak

But not this: https://redirect.playunreal.com/ut4/...wsNoEditor.pak
          Last edited by MΛuL; 01-27-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

FYI, [MENTION=185100]samarties[/MENTION] I'm getting incorrect checksums lately. Just letting you know.

Comment

Should be working properly again now Maul. Some of the larger maps don't work as they use too much of the server's memory. I'll make an update in the near future to solve this.

Comment

Should be working properly again now Maul. Some of the larger maps don't work as they use too much of the server's memory. I'll make an update in the near future to solve this.
                Thanks for looking into it!

Comment

[MENTION=185100]samarties[/MENTION]
                  Thought about adding local-processing-support, like onlinemd5 to process files without the requirement of uploading them (first)... respectively the server to process the file?
                  ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                  ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                    @samarties
                    Thought about adding local-processing-support, like onlinemd5 to process files without the requirement of uploading them (first)... respectively the server to process the file?
                    Yeah, the trouble is that as well as the hash I need the file contents to be able to search for the map reference etc. I could offload the processing to another service (looking at Amazon) but I think for now I will simply allocate more resources to the script so that it can parse the larger files. Given more time I may look to improve this further but for now I'm happy to just tweak it as necessary and update with any extra features people may request.

Comment

Yeah, the trouble is that as well as the hash I need the file contents to be able to search for the map reference etc.
                      HTML(5) FileReader. You can read content locally. You would need to use a decent md5 lib in Javascript (like SparkMD5), and implement a script to read the actual pak content.
                      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Ah, I misunderstood you the first time round. Yeah client side processing is a smart idea. That could be something I'll build soon if people are finding it useful.
                        Last edited by samarties; 01-31-2017, 08:02 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Ah, I misunderstood you the first time round. Yeah client side processing is a smart idea. That could be something I'll build soon if people are finding it useful.
                          [MENTION=185100]samarties[/MENTION] I'm using the **** out of this tool. It would be awesome if you could get it working for large files.

Comment

Thanks for the mapnames py script, RatteSN4K3! I added this at line 118 to output all my maps to a text file already formatted to copy over to rulesets.json
                            Code:
                                            mapurl2 = map.rsplit(".", 1)[0]
                                            mapurl2.strip()

log = open('mapurls.txt', 'a')
                                            log.write("\"%s\",\n" % mapurl2)
                                            log.close()
                            then this to generate redirects

Code:
                                            filenamenoex = pak_name.rsplit(".", 1)[0]
                                            thechecksum = hashlib.md5(open(pak_name,'rb').read()).hexdigest()
                                            log2 = open('mapreferences.txt', 'a')
                                            log2.write("\RedirectReferences=(PackageName=\"%s\"" % filenamenoex)
                                            log2.write("\",PackageURLProtocol=\"https\",PackageURL=\"your.redirect.name.com/%s" % pak_name)
                                            log2.write("\",PackageChecksum=\"%s" % thechecksum)
                                            log2.write("\")\n")
                                            log2.close()
                            ("import hashlib" needs to be added to top of the .py file to generate redirect lines this way)
                            Last edited by NickG; 05-26-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

NickG Neat. Gonna update the first post soon and take a look at how to add the change to the script.

In the meantime, I was working on the Web version of the python script to allow user to generate/receive the info of a pak file from a web page without uploading a file, the feature I was talking about with samarties. But I haven't finished the script yet and currently not working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X