No announcement yet.

How do you host your UT server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for Reply LD.. I will go with 2012 r2 since you can confirm its working okay.
    IGN: Xannen

Specs: 2600k@4.6, Gigabute Z68XP-UD4 Mobo, 8gb Patriot Viper DDR3, Samsung Evo 250GB SSD, Corsair HX1050 PSU, Zotac 980ti, TT Core V31

Comment

Which server-platform (OS) is most preferable to UT4. Currently i just rent a 12-slot server and turned it into a HUB, nothing fancy about it and it runs smoothly.

Would linux platform or Windows platform be better to rent a server and run it from there? (I am a Windows guy, but my current server is on linux platform and in the control panel i simply have access to Start/stop-buttons rest is done via FTP.

Would like to hear what you guys run your servers on.

Comment

Linux servers usually have better performance as the OS is much lighter than windows. Epic runs Linux servers as well, so the code for linux servers gets a lot more love. I personally run a 2008 server because its the server OS i am most familiar with and has been around a long time. 2012 is definitely a hit or miss with Epic, they really arent spending too much time with windows servers and especially 2012 right now. If it works great, if it doesnt work or a new bug is introduced it could be a while before its resolved on 2012. 2008 is very similar to Windows 7, which without a doubt is the biggest community OS running while playing the game, so many of the bug fixes for 7 will apply to 2008.
        PayBack

Comment

I have 2 ISPs at home and also 2 computers, so each have one isp different from the other.

The reason?: If you try to enter to your own hub the game won't let you unless your ip is different from the host.

Ridiculous right? but it's the way it works for when I want to play in my own hub.

Both have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits.
          If I could ever grab myself an Unreal remake, with more vegetation, like trees, actual grass, better sky, and a **** ton of doodads... a freaking Skaarj to rip and tear my body apart...

Comment

Currently running the pub clan NY/NJ dedicated server

Host: Vultr
            Type: VM
            Server Type: Dedicated
            Specs: 2 cores, 2 GB RAM, 45 GB disk
            Approximate Cost: $16 a month
            Happy with performance? Seems to run okay

Image of CPU/Disk/Network use during a couple 5v5 CTF pick up games:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3qrXk28.png
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	341684

Comment

Originally posted by Arkl1te View Post
              I have 2 ISPs at home and also 2 computers, so each have one isp different from the other.

The reason?: If you try to enter to your own hub the game won't let you unless your ip is different from the host.

Ridiculous right? but it's the way it works for when I want to play in my own hub.

You bought a second internet line just to host a UT4 server instead of just renting a server?
              PayBack

Comment

Thanks guys for the input, and thanks -jay- for the details around which server-platform gets more attention. I think i can conclude to stay with linux platform then. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
                  You bought a second internet line just to host a UT4 server instead of just renting a server?
                  Nah, luckily the main purpose is because my brother uses all the bandwidth he wants for his torrents. So I got ****** and bought my own for any other purpose than getting my connection screwed up, with 3x times the speed and much less cost. lol
                  If I could ever grab myself an Unreal remake, with more vegetation, like trees, actual grass, better sky, and a **** ton of doodads... a freaking Skaarj to rip and tear my body apart...

Comment

Originally posted by Arkl1te View Post

Most at home ISPs will annouce static IP blocks to your residential gateway. You don't need a second ISP to get multiple static IPs. I don't see why you couldn't assign a private IP on your local network, either.

Comment

Vorrei creare una competizione

Comment

Working...
                      X