Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add new maps

Hello
    I have a PreAlpha server with GTX Gaming and would like to add the new maps,this is all I can see in FTP GTX tell me there are no other folders?? I also run a UT3 and a UT99 server and have had no problems adding maps before.Has anyone any idea why there are no other folders,I did see another post saying there bwas a compiled UT4 server?

Many thanks NOCRouter

Attached Files

Oi Router! I think you need your maps loaded (folder specific) in your x:/Epic Games/WindowsServer/UnrealTournament/Content/Paks/ folder.
    Have a shift through these threads.
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

your windows servers map location should be here;

\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks <----you should have a "Paks" folder to drop them into!

... this would be for custom maps as the stock maps are located elsewhere!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Hi Dutch & Laambo
        Thanks for the reply what you see in the picture is all I can see and also the GSP? so not quite sure what is going on? thanks anyway
        NOCRouter

Comment

Originally posted by NOCRouter View Post
          Hi Dutch & Laambo
          Thanks for the reply what you see in the picture is all I can see and also the GSP? so not quite sure what is going on? thanks anyway
          NOCRouter
          if you want to see what you should have I would recommend downloading the windows server yourself and extract it and take a look at what you should have access too!? ... maybe have then do it too!?

.... can you launch a stock server with what you have now???

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

The server has been up and running a couple of weeks now and works well but the one folder and all the dll and pdb files are over four pages.GTX have installed three other UT4 servers for me and all look the same in ftp?I do know what the folder structure should look like as I also have a UT3 server and this looks much the same.It was just the pdb files you see in c/c++ compiled programs and just wondered if this was a compiled server? At a loss now as GTX have no idea what to do and as this is a rented slot server it looks like I am stuck with it
            Thanks Again NOCRouter

Comment

You really shouldnt be paying to rent UT4 servers at this point in time. The game is too unstable and requires too much access to the underlying OS. You should be instead renting a server at the OS level and managing it entirely on your own, the hosting company isnt giving you access to all the files/folders you need. In short they are too dumb to be hosting UT4 servers and you shouldnt be paying for this service.
              PayBack

Comment

Hi PayBack
                Thanks for your reply I can see you point of view but we do have a good UT99 community and people do tend to like to follow players they know,so for us to add the UT4 server was a natural progression and to be fair to GTX they have set us up this UT4 server on the back of our UT99 server at NO extra cost which has to be commended as they are tyring to build up interest in this new release of UT.My question here were just ask if anyone had see this config before.
                Kind Regars NOCRouter

Comment

Working...
                X