"Download All Content" improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Download All Content" improvements

The Download All Content button on Hubs has been great and it seems to work quite well. I'm guessing you guys have plans to take it further down the road but I was thinking it might be time to make some adjustments sooner rather than later since the amount of custom content has grown quite a bit.

Would it be possible to add a selection window at some point where you could just check the things you want? A good example is jumping on an UnrealPrime Hub after the last update. There were roughly about 27 items in the queue (including a bunch of CTF maps) but all I wanted to do was jump on and play a couple of DM rounds. Yes, I could have just joined a DM match and downloaded on the fly, but that's not nearly as nice as having the content ahead of time.

One additional feature that would really be useful is an indication on the players avatar in the Hub window that he/she is downloading and cannot chat, join a match etc.
    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Someone could make a dialog there that allows you to choose what to download. All of the information is there on the client. I'll add it to my list of things to do if I get a free day or so. You should be able to chat while downloading but yes, you won't travel until it's done. If I get a chance I'll add some indicator that the person is downloading content.

Comment

[MENTION=6338]JoeWilcox[/MENTION], isn't there an option (/idea of implementation) of downloading content at time only if this is required to join that specific server instance. Similar to what UE3 did.
      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

There is, at many levels. If your hub is setup to push custom content, when you join a match in the menu that requires that content, it will download just that content. When you connect to a server with a game in progress that requires custom content, you will download that content. The download all just allows you to preseed everything so you don't have to download it after each map,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
          There is, at many levels. If your hub is setup to push custom content, when you join a match in the menu that requires that content, it will download just that content. When you connect to a server with a game in progress that requires custom content, you will download that content. The download all just allows you to preseed everything so you don't have to download it after each map,etc.
          If you spectate and are forced to download content, it will try to reconnect you as a player instead of as a spectator (which you originally wanted before the redirect occurred). Just thought I'd let this one out here.

Comment

Funny though that I forgot that feature that pushing content already exists. My fault.

What about a dialog to allow manual download in-game for native content/plugins?
            ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
            ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Someone could make a dialog there that allows you to choose what to download. All of the information is there on the client. I'll add it to my list of things to do if I get a free day or so. You should be able to chat while downloading but yes, you won't travel until it's done. If I get a chance I'll add some indicator that the person is downloading content.
              Thanks Joe, that would be great!
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Working...
              X