No announcement yet.

-= LoPing Arena =-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for reminding me! I'll be playing the maps again and will put up details as I go.
    The frame rate on DM-Coda is just like on DM-Chroma but you don't need to do FPS version because even with the low fps, we still get a kick out of it, probably due to having enjoyed the Matrox G400/3dfx Voodoo era.
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Ok, THX for the hint No FPS version for DM-Coda then. anyway, it will be more optimized than DM-Chroma.

BTW, a new version of Chroma and Chroma FPS as just been released Map size reduced to 138 MB instead of 350 MB initially while looking as good! And, they should perform better too!
      Stevie's corner
      My UT4 maps
      Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

New versions + size reduced!Thank you kind sir!
        Awesome compression done there Steve! Reloaded & locked.
        Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-18-2020, 01:35 PM. Reason: Maps added
        LoPing

Comment

Hey M8, I'm please to see you took the time to make some replays of both versions of Chroma. While I was expected more FPS from the FPS version, at least there is a positive difference. I hope you'll get a better GPU to enjoy more my GPU hungry maps Sorry for that lol

While messing around with PostProcessing, I found a setting I was searching for in Elik / Dakylian to obtain occlusion from far rocks. If the final maps are smaller, I'll update them
          Stevie's corner
          My UT4 maps

Comment

No worries mon, We're more than happy that you found optimizations to downsize the files while improving the process at the same time! Every frame gained is one frame less to worry about. As for the new GPU, no comment.
            Reloaded & locked, replays to follow!
            Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-20-2020, 01:57 PM. Reason: Maps Updated
            LoPing

Comment

Yééé, THX m8

I've recooked Akar too but it get only 40 MB smaller in the end. I'm looking for more reduction

EDIT

Been able to reduce the map by 78 MB! That's an effort that worth a new upload, hé hé. Version 1.2 is available right now
              Last edited by Stevelois; 03-21-2020, 07:16 PM.
              Stevie's corner
              My UT4 maps

Comment

78MB reduction!! I'll be reloading up Akar shortly!
                LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
                  78MB reduction!! I'll be reloading up Akar shortly!
                  Talking about a record compression, the final of DM-Coda will be a minimum 40% smaller!! I'll let you calculate the maths since R1 weight 601 MB
                  Stevie's corner
                  My UT4 maps

Comment

Record compression.. 40%.. Gotta love Map Magic that saves at least 240 MB of SSD space!
                    As much as we look forward to it Steve, don't forget to get your 8hrs of sleep in!
                    LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
                      Record compression.. 40%.. Gotta love Map Magic that saves at least 240 MB of SSD space!
                      Indeed, SSD space is precious and I too like it small if doable The magic is continuing my friend with drastic reduction...

As much as we look forward to it Steve, don't forget to get your 8hrs of sleep in!
                      Hé hé, no worries m8
                      Stevie's corner
                      My UT4 maps

Comment

That's some good SpringBreak news there Steve!
                        LoPing

Comment

Well my friend, I decided to release the final of DM-Coda

Head over my blog post to get all the details.

I hope you'll get more FPS! Also, horayyyy for the magic size reduction!
                          Stevie's corner
                          My UT4 maps

Comment

Merci kind sir! Reloaded & Locked! @ 250.5 MB!!
                            Replays to follow!
                            Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-28-2020, 11:23 AM. Reason: Map reloaded
                            LoPing

Comment

250 MB is awesome indeed

I'll look at your replays later
                              Stevie's corner
                              My UT4 maps

Comment

Also, be sure to grab this mutator and drop it in your UT dl'd paks folder. You'll be able to see what skins/hats players are using on your maps as well.
                                LoPing

Comment

Working...
                                X