No announcement yet.

-= LoPing Arena =-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done Steve! I'll be insta cruel on it later. & I'm holding you to the working on Quo in 2021 mon ami.. fragg'n vacation starts today.
    Soo many MaPs.. so little time.

BigUp UTCC! Killer job of supply'n the community with works!

We wish you ALL (even you zombies) Happy Holidays & Safe & Sound 2021!
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

LOL

Happy fragin' buddy

On another topic, started today, when I want to check replays, there is a huuuuuuge list of players that as appeared by magic??? None of the new names are friends of mine and I never send then an invitation? I can see that few of them are playing with you when I watch the replays BUT I don't understand why suddenly they appear in the replays list while my friend listasn't change since months? Any idea?

Now with Qu0, I must choose a mesh pack and I don't know in witch way I must go...
      Stevie's corner
      My UT4 maps
      Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Fragg'n it will be! So many MaP presents!

As for the friends list populate'n.. not unless you added them. Maybe logged in thru other avenues? Even Steam is listed. If not, I'd ask EPIC about that.

It's ok to take a break with QuO bud, sit back.. enjoy your fruits some. You know inspiration also hits you when resting right? Sometimes like a comet.. smashing into a secret subterranean bunker surrounded by metamorphic rock.. bringing with it new species of Nepeta cataria.. which happens to be catnip for the Skaarj..
        LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
          Fragg'n it will be! So many MaP presents!

As for the friends list populate'n.. not unless you added them. Maybe logged in thru other avenues? Even Steam is listed. If not, I'd ask EPIC about that.
          It's really annoying to see a list of unknown players that I don't give a "d a m n" about. Your name is the last on the list. Names aren't listed in alphabetical order! I don't have another UT client installed except Epic launcher client and I didn't send friend request neither. I tell you, it all happen all in a sudden. I recheck few times my friend list and it's the same as before this annoying bug. Like I said, nothing as change on my side

It's ok to take a break with QuO bud, sit back.. enjoy your fruits some. You know inspiration also hits you when resting right? Sometimes like a comet.. smashing into a secret subterranean bunker surrounded by metamorphic rock.. bringing with it new species of Nepeta cataria.. which happens to be catnip for the Skaarj..
          Well... I release Qu0 B2 few days ago and I'm surprise you didn't download it yet?! You didn't saw my post? All replays I see are B1...
          Stevie's corner
          My UT4 maps

Comment

I'd drop EPIC a line on the mystery friends list you have there @Steve.

I also saw your Qu0 B2 and I was serious about les vacances mon.Meaning New for the New Year!
            LoPing

Comment

Ha ha

Great buddy

Happy new year to you, family and friends!!!!
              Stevie's corner
              My UT4 maps

Comment

Happy New Year to All indeed!
                LoPing

Comment

The best wishes for 2021 to all of you!

Comment

Best Most Real Unreal Server. Thank You.

Comment

Thank you all for playing!
                      Looking Forward to a Fragging 2021!
                      LoPing

Comment

Hey m8, I can see that fragging is going well in 2021 judging by the numbers of replays

Something I noticed, when you and others are playing a new version of my map for the first time, players don't take the time to look at the fresh environment, art? Neither don't try the new moves the enhanced layout offer? I notice this in all my maps because I watch all the replays of all my maps.

Honestly, it's quite deceiving to see players aren't using all the movement possibilities the map is offering. Specially when knowing you can make lifjump with wall run or wall dodge combos but no one is doing that and use the translocator instead

More, at the end of the matches, only comments are "GG", like no one cares about the map improvements?

This post is not to criticize you but rather understand, why me, a mapper would spend time and effort making awesome levels if in the end, all improvements made (movements, sounds and visuals) aren't notice and take into account by players when looking at the replays?

Have a nice day

Stevie's corner
                        My UT4 maps

Comment

The year has started off rather well indeed and add the fact that it's a good mix of old & new in every sense of the word, from old players coming back to senior citizens just starting UT for the first time!

I feel your dejection about players not navigating maps as intended and I'll admit that the TL does make it easier to take the path of least resistance. Yet it's the way some of us play UT since day 1 because of the speed, aka Unreal F(ast)P(aced)S(hooter) Tournament, just like Nitrous Oxide on a V12.

One thing to keep in mind with the replays is that for most players it's all new, even this stalled iteration of UT. Mappers are auto granted navigation knowledge and players need to discover it for themselves.
                          When players set up their UT controls correctly and get used to a map layout, is when you'll start to notice development with movement combo's. You can't expect too much exploring to be done on a fresh new map while avoiding being HeadShot in the process.

You mappers do an awesome job of content creation for this stalled game which is a BiG motivating factor for me to keep the server up and I wouldn't go as far in saying that improvements aren't noticed, but rather just not commented on.
                          If I had a quarter for the times I've told players to get on here and just thank mappers.. it's like the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make 'em drink. This mobile vulgus crowd is just really hard to fathom, nothing more.

I think the reason you keep on mapping is the same reason I keep on playing and that's because You Love It.
                          Despite a Zombified forum, a Meager player base, no Dev support and we're still here.

LoPing

Comment

Well, for loving the game, we do my good sir

Still, I understand your point about the noobies, but for experienced users who are aware of basic movements like sliding, dodging, wall run, wall dodge, liftjump, etc, it's dull not to see players doing it while the level offer all those possibilities.

I'll release the final of Qu0 this Friday. I'll might start something else since I love to map haha!
                            Stevie's corner
                            My UT4 maps

Comment

Give it time mon ami, it's a simple case of getting comfortable with the map. An good example of this is the fact that I still get thanks for the replays showing folks the keg of life on DM-Zeto, better late than never eh!

Looking forward to the Qu0 final! And may I suggest maybe a '99 map remake for your next project? As much as I love new fresh maps, 300+MB DL's are putting off alot of new players. If you need some examples just let me know.
                              LoPing

Comment

Hi Smoke,

here is the current version of DM-Ra:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1psY...ew?usp=sharing

or

https://utcc.unrealpugs.com/map/1350-DM-Ra

Path: Game/DM-Ra/DM-Ra-v15

md5: C9A603F6D54589C89AD2C98DFD0862A0

Cya soon
                                WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                                Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

Working...
                                X