Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by effects69 View Post
    You got it! Thanks for the hard work!
    Thanks but you know without you mappers crunching out these maps the LoPing wouldn't have materialized.
    Server Redirects should be up again! Here's a Link for some of the maps loaded onto the LoPing, brought to you by an avid UT fan.

Admins: feel free to use the redirects posted if u need to.
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 05-15-2016, 04:31 PM. Reason: Redirects sorted
    LoPing
    Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Attention Custom Mappers

Now that rushbase is down (and dearly missed), getting your maps out to the community needs to be reset.
      Dropbox and Googledrive are dependable example sources available among the plethora of related services out there.

Also, I would like to request that mappers take the time to test/release versioned updates (map-v01-a etc, etc) of their works after major changes made and if possible try to avoid update's for "minor" fix's.
      An Admins job just became abit more time consuming so this would help out considerably.

BiGUp for your time! And let's keep it UNReal.
      Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 05-16-2016, 08:14 AM.
      LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
        Now that rushbase is down (and dearly missed), getting your maps out to the community needs to be reset.
        Dropbox and Googledrive are dependable example sources available among the plethora of related services out there.

Also, I would like to request that mappers take the time to test/release versioned updates (map-v01-a etc, etc) of their works after major changes made and if possible try to avoid update's for "minor" fix's.
        An Admins job just became abit more time consuming so this would help out considerably.

BiGUp for your time! And let's keep it UNReal.
        I'm curious if Google Drive can be used as a redirect. Anyone tried that?
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Google drive did not suffice as a redirect for some players when I started on my server. This is not to say you can't try it out, being state side could just work for you.
          LoPing

Comment

Hey Dutch, great to find you and your server both still in good shape here (I popped in briefly yesterday or day before). I was really starting to get worried!

Thanks for providing the Google Drive link for al the maps. The only thing I'd note is that it seems like a bit of a rigmarole to "Download All" on Google Drive compared to other cloud storage providers and not sure it's even possible for people without Google accounts. But in any case, it is a much appreciated resource. I've just managed to start the download now.

I wish other server admins would take note of all the great maps only you seem to host, and I really hope you can get some some progress from Epic soon on getting the server listed again!

Comment

Glad you found your way back Ishatix!
              The google drive link is not mine though , you can thank a fellah named MoxNix for that (I'm sure he's flattered ) but the links in the spoiler are my redirects for other admins to choose from as long as the maps work.
              Yes there are more admins out there who do take note with their own custom hubs/servers listed and don't forget to uncheck the unresponsive box or just follow the [PROTOTYPE] trail here on the forum. Mappers are always in for feedback from players
              For now the fact that mappers and players are finding their way onto the server directly is good enough for me.
              LoPing

Comment

Were you ever able to get the current SpaceNoxx working? It's working fine on the UC hub but I guess I could set the Gametype Override to "none" and rebuild it.
                Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by MΛuL View Post
                  Were you ever able to get the current SpaceNoxx working? It's working fine on the UC hub but I guess I could set the Gametype Override to "none" and rebuild it.
                  Thanks for reminding me! Spacenoxx does indeed not work - GameType Override on blank/none seems to be required for DM servers. If you could rebuild it so I'd appreciate it MΛuL.
                  LoPing

Comment

Cool, thanks Dutch. Yeah, I managed to find MoXNix on his blog and had downloaded many of your spoiler links in the background last night before you came along. ☺

Comment

Hmm.glad i found this page.
                      Finally got my ut4 running again.
                      Just removed the three files i grabbed while attempting to go to lopings server(via ip)
                      No idea why those files would cause that sort of thing.Maybe combo of new update/server troubles getting listed.
                      I cant hold my breath anymore,had to exhale yesterday.For sure i thought this listing issue would have been resolved by now.This is just nuts...denying the world of playing all of these fantastic maps.
                      Now i,m just looking to download the maps,and play them offline anytime.I did it for pub alpha(amazing map to play on)..trust me!
                      But cant anymore because it was removed after another update.Should be another word for that (%$$@@#$%^&)
                      I,m not much into the theoretical,or terminology,just want to download the maps,and play em offline for now,so if anyone can point me to a link,that would be cool
                      Getting more ,and more frustrating to see even more new maps,all different,and amazing.UT4 ,unreal,epic or whoever are shooting themselves in the foot,by not fixing the listing for this,and any other server having this issue.
                      If it gets listed there wont be enough player slots available -lol.

p.s. Thanks for the tip Dutch.
                      i found the links for the maps.
                      i cant fit them on my main SSD harddrive though,only 120 gb pre win7 Pro 64 bit installed.
                      Can i run them from my other Drive/s,sata?
                      Happy Fraggin!
                      Last edited by Starscraper444; 06-08-2016, 01:38 AM.

Comment

@Starscraper44
                        The main reason for maps dropping off the list is indeed a new build not working with old build cooked maps. Thankfully not all the mappers threw in the towel and recooked their hard works so that custom servers can host their maps. At it's peak-a few builds back, the LoPing hosted 78 custom maps. Hopefully, those mappers who left when their maps broke will come back to finish off their works when/if UT gets to a stable release. Fingers crossed.
                        With regard to installing UT over seperate drives, this has been discussed at various times without a definitive answer. I install all my games on a seperate ssd drive and never have issues with them, no matter what you do UT4 will always install it's own folder onto your C: drive and all dl'd materials go into the dl'd paks folder.
                        Nice to see you're still playing! I hope to get back to fragging UT without freeze'n up.
                        LoPing

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
                          @Starscraper44
                          The main reason for maps dropping off the list is indeed a new build not working with old build cooked maps. Thankfully not all the mappers threw in the towel and recooked their hard works so that custom servers can host their maps. At it's peak-a few builds back, the LoPing hosted 78 custom maps. Hopefully, those mappers who left when their maps broke will come back to finish off their works when/if UT gets to a stable release. Fingers crossed.
                          With regard to installing UT over seperate drives, this has been discussed at various times without a definitive answer. I install all my games on a seperate ssd drive and never have issues with them, no matter what you do UT4 will always install it's own folder onto your C: drive and all dl'd materials go into the dl'd paks folder.
                          Nice to see you're still playing! I hope to get back to fragging UT without freeze'n up.
                          YO D.
                          Just to re-update you.
                          Grabbed all the links,and downloaded all except for that 1 i mentioned before.
                          Put them all in my downloaded paks folder.It should work because in the game on creating a custom deathmatch,"My apartment" map is in the list of maps,plus maps from an instagib server,but no Pub alpha,or highrise,or any of the maps from loping.
                          I think its because(lets use apartment as an example).That map appears twice in my downloaded paks folder.I downloaded it twice-once in march,then again in may,and both files are visible in the downloaded paks folder.The other maps appear only once.Plus my launcher froze again,and the only fix was to move the maps i got from spoiler alert to a new folder i called paks 2,because i dont want to just delete them all.Now i cant even play the loping maps offline,all except for apartment.Any ideas or solutions,anyone?
                          Thanks

Comment

Is this the current ip address for loping 77.174.128.128:7780 ?

I cant get on anymore.

Comment

@Starscraper44
                              The server ip hasn't changed and should be working normally. I fixed the issue you had with that map link and should work for you now as well.
                              Regarding the maps coming up twice.. the only thing I can come up with is that the source server/hub carries an old version of the map. Some mappers opted for keeping the same map name for all (updated) versions, making it a job for admins to keep in check. I pressume those maps coming up dubble on your end are a result of this.
                              With DM-PUB & DM-Warhouse and a few others, we need to be patient and wait tillthe map author/s recook their works for us.
                              The fact that maps are being updated indiscriminately (mapcore contest and mappers discretion etc etc) the safest way to avoid issues would be to cleanout your c:/Users/Admin/Documents/UnrealTournament/Saved/Paks/DownloadedPaks folder before you boot up your UT. Assuring you that when you connect to that custom server you get that servers version of the map.
                              As for the LoPing server I'd make a seperate folder (like your paks2 folder) to put all the custom maps in. Don't forget to copy the maps back into the DownloadedPaks folder, so that you can load the maps in an offline custom match setup plus save yourself some re-dl time on the LoPing. If for any reason, you end up re-dl'n a map off of the LoPing this would be due to a map update. Swap the old map file with the new and you should be good to go.
                              LoPing

Comment

Reloaded some maps for your enjoyment! Have fun!
                                LoPing

Comment

Working...
                                X