No announcement yet.

-= LoPing Arena =-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice server but why is not on the official hubs list?

Comment

@master94ga Thanks! This would be because it's currently a server, not a hub and I quote;
      "There are two types of servers supported in UT Alpha: Hubs which is the better new and improved way and Old School Servers for those that can't leave the 90's behind. Old School Servers run a single game mode (that can be modified with mutators) and have a list of maps that it cycles though. These are easier to admin and slightly easier on system resources. But they aren't nearly as flexible..."
      (If you'd like a preview of what I'd like this server to end up like, stop by my '99 server posted on my signature.)
      LoPing
      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Originally posted by DutchSmoke View Post
        @master94ga Thanks! This would be because it's currently a server, not a hub and I quote;
        "There are two types of servers supported in UT Alpha: Hubs which is the better new and improved way and Old School Servers for those that can't leave the 90's behind. Old School Servers run a single game mode (that can be modified with mutators) and have a list of maps that it cycles though. These are easier to admin and slightly easier on system resources. But they aren't nearly as flexible..."
        (If you'd like a preview of what I'd like this server to end up like, stop by my '99 server posted on my signature.)
        Ok, however I think if you "transmorm" it into an hub it will be a lot more popular, 90% of people doesn't event watch the server list.

Comment

@master94ga Taken into consideration! Just don't assume I'm in it for a popularity contest.
          I can't speak for the rest though

Spoiler
          Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 01-07-2017, 07:26 PM.
          LoPing

Comment

A quick shoutout to you AMD user's out there, as you know ReLive was released back in december and it works the charm!
            The first thing you need to do after you do a fresh uninstall/reinstall is to choose to use either the GPUTweak or the ReLive Global WattMan. You can't have both and as for using afterburner I'll leave that up to your own testbed.
            Secondly those try'n to get the ReLive function to work properly. Make sure you have your desktop composition checked along with transparent glass in your performance options.
            (control panel/Performance options/visual effects.) and don't forget to apply.
            Hope this helps and frag on!
            LoPing

Comment

@master94ga Taken into consideration! Just don't assume I'm in it for a popularity contest.
              I can't speak for the rest though

Spoiler
              Haha!
              Great!
              WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
              Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

@barsam2a Glad you liked that one.
                Yes the new builds here and it's a map breaker, so patience is a good thing while our great community mappers do their magic!
                Also, to play the downloaded maps you should see them back on your Map dropdown via the Custom Game button in the upper right corner.
                Right so another headsup for AMD users be sure Update your game!
                Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 01-26-2017, 02:49 PM. Reason: New Patch
                LoPing

Comment

After some tweaking, some notes about the performance issues with this patched build (3270765) and my quasi fix notes that might help you out.
                  AMD 6core @ 3575.6 MHz - AMD Radeon R9 380 Series - GPU Clock: 990.0 MHz - Memory Clock: 1375 MHz - Driver version: 21.19.411.0
                  • Using the ReLive did impact the performance a little, which was expected.
                  • Windowed Fullscreen seems to work only after going into Fullscreen and then back (crashed ReLive, fixed by restart)
                  • Heavily textured maps are still murder on the performance no matter what.
                  • Settings all on Low improved the overall gameplay noticeably.
                  • Downscaling resolution from 1920x1080 to 1600x900 also helped, and I use the term losely.

Updated the Maplist on the first post! Mappers are more than welcome to stop by! Have Fun!
                  Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 01-27-2017, 01:14 PM. Reason: Invite
                  LoPing

Comment

Sorry for the breaks on the map redirects folk's! It seems that playunreal is down so I've shuffled some again and it should all be working again. Have fun!
                    LoPing

Comment

Sorry for the breaks on the map redirects folk's! It seems that playunreal is down so I've shuffled some again and it should all be working again. Have fun!
                      Tested, well done!

ps.: @DutchSmoke: you need to make space in your inbox here on the forum

DutchSmoke has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
                      WIP - Maps (UT - Build 0.1.12.1): https://goo.gl/v8ze8Y
                      Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/barsam2a

Comment

@barsam2a Thanks! + cleaned out the box some.
                        LoPing

Comment

So the new build's out! & yes all the maps need to be recooked, so hold tight, maybe consider posting some kind words on the mappers threads and show your support! There are issue's of the game not responding to set rules for starting correctly, hopefully we'll have word soon from Epic. OP updated.
                          So score far;
                          1. Now a 90sec's warmup clock.
                          2. MinPlayer does not respond correctly-fixed.
                          3. A Kick-Idle player timer that I can not set.
                          4. A maxplayer count that I can not set unless bots are used to fill in-fixed
                          Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-01-2017, 02:48 PM. Reason: some more tested some fixed
                          LoPing

Comment

"Great" server. Earned ban because DutchSmoke SUSPECT me for using cheats or whatever because I had some rly great rounds. I'm open for some talk on this issue.

Comment

@Zabiyaka Glad you enjoyed it. It's my aim to supply a place where people can play and just worry about their "actual pings".
                              If you're banned, it's with due reason and not because you have "some rly great rounds" and it's not debatable - if you build up some rep with the other community admins, I might reconsider.
                              Till then, there are plenty of other good hubs/servers out there to choose from.
                              LoPing

Comment

It seemed more like geting angry at me because I was winning. I can understand geting salty but hackusations and banning with no warning etc.? . Your last words were someting like that..." 14 frag already?!....that's it"....ban. You have 8 ping or so. I have 40-48 on Your server. You accused me not once for using some "thing" to modify my ping....dont know...making me harder to hit or something.
                                Last edited by Zabiyaka; 02-28-2017, 11:18 PM. Reason: just because

Comment

Working...
                                X