X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudfare.. slight oversight
    Last edited by DutchSmoke; 07-02-2017, 05:51 PM. Reason: more roads to rome

Comment

• New Build with New recooks loaded for your enjoyment.

Comment

• New Build is and yes new recooks needed, patience while mappers do their thing.

Comment

• Yeah don't bother.. the guy will ban you if you win with a high ping. It bothers him.

Comment

• Meanwhile.. for those who's latency doesn't adversely affect the server, More maps (re)loaded for your enjoyment.

Comment

• What did i do to deserve a ban? Cheating, trolling, flaming?
              Originally posted by RedCat
              hey i just played you
              and this is crazy
              but the mouse is still an issue
              so fix it maybe

Comment

• Nothing so trivial, in your case (oakz) it's your connection being out of sync with the server, while taking everybody else who's on, along with it.

Comment

• oakz... DutchSmoke bans people who have high pings (150 - 170) and win on his server. It bothers him. People are talking about it on other servers, and they say numerous players were banned in the last few days. No point in taking his server seriously if he wants to ban people who don't cheat. He doesn't care, and he is the only server admin banning people while saying, "oh, you are too hard to hit, your ping is too high and that makes you have the advantage." Just forget it, a lot of the other players are on to it now.

Comment

• I figured you'd jump on this N_Paganini but coming from someone who plays on a shared/borrowed internet line, I must say it's somewhat appalling. So to clear up any ill-informed bias, I'll try to be concise. Any connection made on the server that makes it run incongruously will be barred. Also added some more maps!

Comment

• Thanks for the ban Dutch, really disappointing, you will find out in time I was not cheating and had not modified the game. Unless you had beef with me otherwise? EAGLEz7

Comment

• "Incongruously" means, in DutchSmoke's dictionary, "anything that he has trouble hitting with a high ping, or bothers him in any way." Anyway, if anyone on this thread is here to figure out what they have been banned from Lo-Ping Arena, the answers are all here. Players on other servers, lots of them, are aware of this fiasco and it's now considered to be somewhat of a joke. You may end up seeing some high skilled players come to your server and totally clean up with a high ping. If you ban me, then you will definitely hate some of these other guys.

You see, we understand that you own the server and you can do whatever you want with it. What you don't understand, or maybe do but don't care, is that it isn't a good idea to alienate lots of decent players from a public server just because you don't like how the game's ping compensation works. You are penalizing players for a problem that you apparently have with the game's coding, or just with ping itself. Again, no other European server bans people from North America or abroad because of claiming ping compensation is unfairly in their favor. When you ban people for not cheating at all, the word spreads. When the word spreads, the good players and decent people of this particular video game community will see you as a dishonorable host who is running a server for your own personal set of needs, which IS YOUR RIGHT to do. If you want to have that effect, you are succeeding. Unreal Tournament players can be very loyal as it is a cult phenomenon game, but to ban people for not cheating because you are frustrated that they are too hard to hit, is.. "somewhat appalling" as you say and will drive away the types of loyal players you might want as regulars on your server (but apparently not).

To be clear, you have the absolute and unequivocal right to do this, I believe in freedom which also applies to you good sir. However, I don't believe this particular path is a good one for running a server that you could probably have booming with players if you weren't doing this. Word may have traveled that "this guy has a super fast fibre optic server" which you yourself have bragged to me about a few times, saying "oh, dude, you have no idea what this server is," but, the word that IS traveling is, "this guy is being an ass who bans people who win with a high ping because of his own personal issues with a player being too hard to hit."

So again, anyone banned fro Lo-Ping Arena, you are banned because the administrator believes you are too hard to hit, and that the high ping you have is giving you an advantage. He criticizes my particular internet line as "shared and appalling," but does that also mean that all the other internet connections he banned are shared in the same way? No, what it means is that they are all banned for winning with a high ping and spoiling his fun on his server. It doesn't seem to be a public server at this point, more of a "his server and he bans anyone who makes the play irritating for him for his reasons." Very well, you will find that the honorable class of UT players will move elsewhere. Enjoy YOUR server.
                        Last edited by N_Paganini; 07-16-2017, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• N_Paganini, it's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. I am glad you realize it's a public server where you can expect it's admin to make sure everyone is playing the game to the best of their connections (true)ability for nothing more than love for UT! Also reloaded some more maps for your enjoyment!

Comment

• Yes, wonderful. Continue to ban those who do not cheat.

Comment

• And without delay, some more maps added for your enjoyment!

Comment

• Ok I just read all the message so now I understand I'm not the only one that cannot access this server anymore...

Everything was fine for the last two months on the server and then suddently during a 1on1 session with Dutch it seems my connection was not appropriate for the server anymore. Without any real discussion or will to help resolving the issue .

I won't do any accusation or anything, i'm just sad and I really I don't know what to think... it's such a shame cause there aren't many good servers around and this one really kept me up.. I think I'll quitUT4 to go back to UT99.

Too bad, was a fun time .

So long.

Comment

Working...
                                X