• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    250 MB is awesome indeed

I'll look at your replays later

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Merci kind sir! Reloaded & Locked! @ 250.5 MB!!
    Replays to follow!
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-28-2020, 11:23 AM. Reason: Map reloaded

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well my friend, I decided to release the final of DM-Coda

Head over my blog post to get all the details.

I hope you'll get more FPS! Also, horayyyy for the magic size reduction!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's some good SpringBreak news there Steve!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
    Record compression.. 40%.. Gotta love Map Magic that saves at least 240 MB of SSD space!
    Indeed, SSD space is precious and I too like it small if doable The magic is continuing my friend with drastic reduction...

As much as we look forward to it Steve, don't forget to get your 8hrs of sleep in!
    Hé hé, no worries m8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Record compression.. 40%.. Gotta love Map Magic that saves at least 240 MB of SSD space!
    As much as we look forward to it Steve, don't forget to get your 8hrs of sleep in!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ÐutchSmºke View Post
    78MB reduction!! I'll be reloading up Akar shortly!
    Talking about a record compression, the final of DM-Coda will be a minimum 40% smaller!! I'll let you calculate the maths since R1 weight 601 MB

Leave a comment:

• replied
    78MB reduction!! I'll be reloading up Akar shortly!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yééé, THX m8

I've recooked Akar too but it get only 40 MB smaller in the end. I'm looking for more reduction

EDIT

Been able to reduce the map by 78 MB! That's an effort that worth a new upload, hé hé. Version 1.2 is available right now
    Last edited by Stevelois; 03-21-2020, 07:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No worries mon, We're more than happy that you found optimizations to downsize the files while improving the process at the same time! Every frame gained is one frame less to worry about. As for the new GPU, no comment.
    Reloaded & locked, replays to follow!
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-20-2020, 01:57 PM. Reason: Maps Updated

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey M8, I'm please to see you took the time to make some replays of both versions of Chroma. While I was expected more FPS from the FPS version, at least there is a positive difference. I hope you'll get a better GPU to enjoy more my GPU hungry maps Sorry for that lol

While messing around with PostProcessing, I found a setting I was searching for in Elik / Dakylian to obtain occlusion from far rocks. If the final maps are smaller, I'll update them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New versions + size reduced!Thank you kind sir!
    Awesome compression done there Steve! Reloaded & locked.
    Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-18-2020, 01:35 PM. Reason: Maps added

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, THX for the hint No FPS version for DM-Coda then. anyway, it will be more optimized than DM-Chroma.

BTW, a new version of Chroma and Chroma FPS as just been released Map size reduced to 138 MB instead of 350 MB initially while looking as good! And, they should perform better too!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for reminding me! I'll be playing the maps again and will put up details as I go.
    The frame rate on DM-Coda is just like on DM-Chroma but you don't need to do FPS version because even with the low fps, we still get a kick out of it, probably due to having enjoyed the Matrox G400/3dfx Voodoo era.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I've saw the replays.

I was hoping to read your comments about FPS, how it perform on your PC, issues, suggestions, what do you think about my innovations on the rocket launcher area, etc.

Ho well...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X