Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server info for pre-alpha/alpha

Hey guys;

This server has basic master server functionality now.

The server is a dead stick right now, it has no control, it has no features, it allows players to connect, it allows game-play, and that's as far as it goes, any extra function you see elsewhere (for now) has been coded in by third party and isn't really a solution that should be committed to epic (super temporary and VERY messy)

Ports: 7777/UDP (only)

Configs:

Code:
    UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsServer
    UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\LinuxServer
    DefaultConfigs (do not touch these, they are regenerated every time it starts, it is a fallback config situation where if the values don't exist in the above ini's, these are used instead)

If I discuss config files, assume that I also say not to edit these ones at all, as the changes won't stick.

Code:
    UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\CleanSourceConfigs
    Moving on.

Basic DM Rotation: (contents/structure is explained in CSC's game.ini but if you're changing rotation you need to use the WS/LS game.ini)

Game.ini

Code:
    [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTGameMode]
    +MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-DeckTest
    +MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Focus
    +MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-NickTest1
    +MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Spacer
    +MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-SidCastle
    +MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Deadfall
    +MapRotation=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Circuit
    GameDifficulty=1.0
    EndTimeDelay=18.0
    EndScoreboardDelay=4.0
    bForceRespawn=0
    bAllowOvertime=1
    GoalScore=100
    TimeLimit=15
    This should be enough of an example to you if you're going to try running servers at this stage.

Starting servers:

!!IMPORTANT: /game/ is /content/ as far as these server starts are concerned. ie: /game/maps/dm-hello is located at /content/maps/dm-hello.umap

Code:
    Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server.exe UnrealTournament DM-DeckTest?Game=DM?Mutator=/game/path/to/mutator/as/relative/to/the/content/folder/mutator.mutator_c?TimeLimit=10?GoalScore=534 -log
    Code:
    Engine/Binaries/Linux/UE4Server ../../../UnrealTournament/UnrealTournament.uproject DM-DeckTest?Game=DM?Mutator=/game/path/to/mutator/as/relative/to/the/content/folder/mutator.mutator_c?TimeLimit=10?GoalScore=534 -log
    The .uproject doesn't exist on the linux filesystem, but it exists on the engines (it's loaded from the .pak file), so you'll still need to specify it.

Happy hosting.
    Last edited by raxxy; 09-25-2014, 03:27 PM.

I'm having troubles to configure my Windows dedicated server. It's not picking up some of the settings I have in the "\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\Game.ini" file.
    This file contains the following

It's not picking up the MaxPlayers settings. I'd like to make a 2 slots server.
    I have this in the game.ini

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
    MaxPlayers=2

Is there anything else I need to do? Specify the config file when starting the server?
    Or a parameter on server start?

I've not touched the default game.ini in the CleanSourceConfigs folder.
    Please help, thanks!

Comment

?MaxPlayers=2 to the parameters

in the server browser all server hase 32 slots :P
      but mine are actualy 10
      Admin @JoinTheForce Online Gaming Community
      Playing UT Since 99

- CTF-W00T - CTF-Tourney - DM-BioLab - CTF-WickedX - CTF-TwinTombs - My entire map list

Comment

OK, I'm a first time UT4 Linux server installer stuck on stupid.

I've got Linux server up and running (once I got past EULA dialog errors) and everything is working with IG mutator as expected. But I can't change my server name in the browser. I thought in the past an entry in Engine.AccessControl would do that (ServerName and ShortName?) I assume that maps to Engine.ini in the [/Script/Engine.AccessControl] section but that doesn't seem to work. I tried searching the forum but came up with either too much or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalmonks View Post
          OK, I'm a first time UT4 Linux server installer stuck on stupid.

I've got Linux server up and running (once I got past EULA dialog errors) and everything is working with IG mutator as expected. But I can't change my server name in the browser. I thought in the past an entry in Engine.AccessControl would do that (ServerName and ShortName?) I assume that maps to Engine.ini in the [/Script/Engine.AccessControl] section but that doesn't seem to work. I tried searching the forum but came up with either too much or nothing.
          Not sure about Linux boxes, but on windows servers is set in the Game.ini file.
          PayBack
          Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
          Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
          UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
          UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Comment

DOH!

Thanks.

Comment

trying to install the 10/03 Linux server build... this is the fatal error I get when trying to start:

Fatal error: [File:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-UT\UnrealTournament\Source\UnrealTournament\Private\UTGameEngine.cpp] [Line: 277]
              Error Presenting MessageBox: No message system available

[2014.10.05-06.50.28:091][ 0]LogLinux:Error: appError called: Error Presenting MessageBox: No message system available

Signal 11 caught.

I'm new to running UT linux servers, but this looks like a windows path.

==============================================

Fixed this by doing the following:
              Edit the file: UnrealTournament/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/engine.ini

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTGameEngine]
              bFirstRun = False
              Last edited by UffDa; 10-05-2014, 04:34 AM. Reason: [solved]
              -=uff-Da=-

Concepts:
              BR - CutThroat | BR - Volleyminton |

Comment

It would be great if someone could put together a doc on running the Linux servers on the Unreal Tournament wiki. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Polge View Post
                  It would be great if someone could put together a doc on running the Linux servers on the Unreal Tournament wiki. Thanks!
                  Done. Will fix the windows portions of the guide soon.

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                    Done. Will fix the windows portions of the guide soon.
                    Thanks, I linked to it from the UT main page.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHell View Post
                      ?MaxPlayers=2 to the parameters

in the server browser all server hase 32 slots :P
                      but mine are actualy 10
                      yeah mines at 16 though says 32.
                      shouldn't be too long before that gets fixed.
                      Community UT:4 [Melbourne & Sydney Australia] - TeamSpeak 3 Community ..:..TS3.WishfulThinkings.net

Comment

Working...
                      X