Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAN Server

G'day guys,
    We're running a gaming LAN in a couple of weeks and I've cobbled together a server from a variety of sources and just wanted to run it past you guys to see if I had it set up correctly. I'm not adding any additional maps and just want to use the maps that come with the game.
    I'd be grateful for any advice you could offer.

Something definitely isn't working properly. Tested it out and instead of rotating maps it brings up the map voting screen. Once people have chosen a map the clients try to load DM-Spacer, every time. Then since thats not the map the server is running the clients get dumped. Once they rejoin the server it loads the new map correctly, until the next map change anyway.

Comment

Greets Clawcity! You may want to have a read thru here.
      LoPing
      Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Thanks DutchSmoke, though I'm just running a ded server and that page seems to refer mostly to hubs. I've moved most of my options to the batch file instead of the config file but I still don't know why maps aren't rotating, or why the clients keep trying to load DM-Spacer and then dumping out. Any thoughts?

Comment

try adding "DisableMapVote=true" to [Script/UnrealTournament.UTDMGameMode] section or you may even have to add section [Script/UnrealTournament.UTGameMode] and put it there, if you don't want mapvote. If map still does not change, your log file may show a clue as to why.

Comment

I added that and it still brings up map voting lol

Comment

You may be editing the wrong game.ini. If this is for a listen server on Windows system, you may need to edit the one in C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UnrealTournamentDev\WindowsServer\UnrealTournament\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\, instead.

Comment

I'm having this same issue, did you ever resolve it?

Comment

Working...
                X