Running a Windows 64 Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL TUTORIAL] Running a Windows 64 Server

I have moved this to a wiki here: ( This document is now out of date - For more recent and accurate documentation please visit this link )

Please use this thread for discussion.
    Last edited by RZE; 10-21-2015, 06:51 PM.

This should be renamed ...

Running a Windows 64bit UT HUB Server

... will give this a try later this week when I have more time!
    http://s5.postimg.org/edy9j9ykn/Laam...Forum_Sig1.jpg

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-
    http://s5.postimg.org/qsk8gc8zn/Instagib.gif

Comment

Thanks for getting this started Joe.

I'm currently waiting for information on setting up a dedicated instance in my Hub. I'm trying to wire in a separate dedicated server into my Hub but since there are no default .ini's in this server build, I can't locate the list of allowed Hub keys in UTLobbyGameState as noted in the version notes.
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Updated with a FAQ section and info on how to setup a dedicated instance.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
          Updated with a FAQ section and info on how to setup a dedicated instance.
          Great! I will give a shot in the next day or two.

Comment

Tried to set up the dedicated instance but no joy so far. I'm trying to run the dedicated instance on the same box (and IP) as my Hub. They both run fine independently at the same time although the dedicated instance falls into the unresponsive bin after one round but it still works perfectly. Is there an issue trying to do this on the same box? I have two separate folders for both servers.

The dedicated instance server barks out continuous error messages if my Hub server is not running i.e. it's happy when my Hub is running so it seems to be communicating but it doesn't show up in the Hub.

I tried both the Game.ini Hub settings and the command line settings on the dedicated instance.

Here's my dedicated instance command line:

Code:
            start UE4Server-Win64-Test.exe UnrealTournament DM-Chill?Game=DM?TimeLimit=20?MaxPlayers=12?botfill=2?MaxSpectators=4?HUB=66.151.244.165?HUBKey=MyFirstPassKey -port=7778 -log
            I have the dedicated instance communicating on 7778 and the Hub on the default 7777. All other required ports are open and as I mentioned, both work fine independently.

(Note: the release notes page shows "-" directives instead of "?" but I tried both with the same result.)

Here's my Hub Game.ini pertinent section:

Code:
            [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTLobbyGameMode]
            StartingInstancePort=8000
            InstancePortStep=1
            MaxInstances=10
            AccessKey=MyFirstPassKey
            (Note: the release notes indicate the UTLobbyGameState section. Tried it but still the same result)

Thoughts?

Comment

nearly the samme issue at my setup.

Trying to add 2 dedicated instances to the working HUB but its not showing up (but communicating)
              Servers showing up at the "internet" browser but disappear after one round or showing "UT-ENTRY" if you connected a HUB.

I found out that it has to do with the second cmd! If you close one of them its showing the mapconfig of both at the other.

Atm i try some different testruns.
              I´ll keep you up to date about it at my Technical Help & Serverissues Topic.

/N0c
              http://www.bamgaming.net/ow_userfile...omocard6V1.jpg

Comment

Let's not confuse the two issues. The server disappearing is a separate issue that I'm working on. The dedicated instance complaining if it can't find a hub is normal. If it can't find a hub, it logs. I should probably change that log to verbose though and I'll do it for the next release (I just forgot). As to it not showing up. If someone connects to the instance does it show up? If I get some time later today I'll check it. There has been some churn in that code so I might have broke dedicated instances and we didn't notice.

Comment

I just tested dedicated instances and it worked fine. I see the dedicated instance in the hub and I can join it. Please turn on verbose logging and see if you see something going wrong.

Comment

is adding dedicated servers to hub a new option? Will try it out.

The unresponsive servers issue has been affecting the game a lot the past week since most people think there are no active servers. Hoping for a fix really soon.
                    Last edited by BlueCloud; 07-03-2015, 11:46 AM.
                    My UT4 Video channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...0ysqE_3wuv1usQ

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
                      I just tested dedicated instances and it worked fine. I see the dedicated instance in the hub and I can join it. Please turn on verbose logging and see if you see something going wrong.
                      So I can see my dedicated server right now in my Hub so it seems to be working. Does it disappear from the Hub when no players are on it? If so, that's not quite the functionality I'm looking for. I'd like to have permanent instances running in my Hub for those that are too timid to start their own. Thanks for the help on this.

*Edit*: It does look like it disappears from the Hub when it's empty but reappears when someone starts a new instance in the Hub? This is the ModHub functionality where a Hub instance shows up on the individual server list when it spawns. That's the opposite of what I'm looking for actually. As I mentioned above, I'm hoping to have a couple "always-on" instances running in my Hub.

*Edit 2*: So I could see the instance that was started from the Hub in the individual servers. If I highlight it, it shows the player names in the lower right (5 in this case) but the numbers are showing 0/12. If I try to join it from the individual server list, I actually join my starting map, DM-Chill with no players in it. Seems like the Hub and the dedicated instance are not interacting properly.

On another trivial note, how do you make the custom icon to the left of the Hub name in the Hub browser like the Epic games or raxxy logo?
                      Last edited by MΛuL; 07-03-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
                        is adding dedicated servers to hub a new option? Will try it out.

The unresponsive servers issue has been affecting the game a lot the past week since most people think there are no active servers. Hoping for a fix really soon.
                        It has been around a bit but Joe has reworked how they are done so there is a new method to set it up.

Comment

Hi there, I set up a HUB yesterday and it worked perfectly first pop, and ran very well...
                          However today it keeps showing up in the Unresponsive list.... Had me perplexed...
                          I have noticed though that the following section changes once you run the Server;

InstancePortStep=1
                          MaxInstances=16

Even if you save this, it changes.... and if you look at the file once started it has changed to;

InstancePortStep=1

So it deletes the MaxInstances line for some reason once you start the server??

Would this cause the HUB instance to become unresponsive? You can still join it, but need to tick the show unresponsive list to find it?
                          Confused as it worked perfectly yesterday.... But today it just shows up as unresponsive, even if you close it down and restart it.
                          Not sure how or why that command line changes when you run it as well.

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Flak#2

Comment

The hub is showing up unresponsive? Instances shouldn't be showing up at all unless you are connecting dedicated instances. If you are using a dedicated instance, make sure you have the latest server patch.

The reason it removes the MaxInstances=16 line is because that is the default and it doesn't write out default values to the running config.

Comment

we have an Assaultmod ready for testing. How can i load the server with the assault.pak ? The others see my hub just fine, but i don't know how ican create an Assaultmatch out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X