• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optional Step 7.

Comment

@Joe:
      Why not wiki?
      History. Proper formatting. Cross-linking to other helpful topics. And maybe contributions by other members.
      ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
      ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

By "proper" formatting you mean formatting that constantly works against you and never works quite right? Honestly, because I'd rather have a needle stuck in my eye than have to write anything on a wiki.. ever!

Oh, and most people come here first right now
        Last edited by JoeWilcox; 07-12-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Can we connect our dedicated server to an existing HUB? for example, connect to Epic official HUB?

Comment

I've updated the main post with FAQ #3 which answer this. But in a nutshell, no.

Comment

Hey, so I'm getting hung up on the editing the target field of the shortcut part of the process. By default the target field reads D:\More Documents\WindowsServer\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-Win64-Test.exe and I added UnrealTournament UT-Entry?Game=Lobby -log to the end, so I end up with D:\More Documents\WindowsServer\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-Win64-Test.exeUnrealTournament UT-Entry?Game=Lobby -log as my target field but when i try to apply the changes I get a dialogue box telling me that "The name 'D:\...Lobby -log' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."

I have a feeling I misinterpreted part of the process for adding the chunk to the end, I just have no idea what it is exactly I did wrong.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Try this:

D:\More Documents\WindowsServer\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-Win64-Test.exe UnrealTournament UT-Entry?Game=Lobby -log

Notice the space inbetween the .exe and the UnrealTournament. You can also try:

"D:\More Documents\WindowsServer\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-Win64-Test.exe" UnrealTournament UT-Entry?Game=Lobby -log

Comment

Hi
                  The "RedirectReferences=(PackageName=xxx " is only working in HUBS?

Comment

I not sure I understand what you are saying? Yes, the RedirectReferences array is a part of the UTGameRulesets which only affect hubs but there are other mechanisms to setting up dedicated servers with redirects.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
                      I not sure I understand what you are saying? Yes, the RedirectReferences array is a part of the UTGameRulesets which only affect hubs but there are other mechanisms to setting up dedicated servers with redirects.
                      HI
                      My question is how to redirect a package (Gamemode) in pure dedicated Servers.
                      I did test it like you wrote in the HowTo for Windows Servers.

In the game.ini i have:
                      [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTBaseGameMode]
                      RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/EnhancedPlay/VMutator_EnhancedPlay.VMutator_EnhancedPlay_C", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Vlad/Mutators/VMutator_EnhancedPlay-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="C34E2D84D45DE271672323FC556E1C6C")

The redirect is not working, this shows the log:
                      Unknown property in RedirectReference: PackageName="/Game/EnhancedPlay/VMutator_EnhancedPlay.VMutator_EnhancedPlay_C", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Vlad/Mutators/VMutator_EnhancedPlay-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="C34E2D84D45DE271672323FC556E1C6C")
                      Unknown property in RedirectReference: PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Vlad/Mutators/VMutator_EnhancedPlay-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="C34E2D84D45DE271672323FC556E1C6C")
                      Unknown property in RedirectReference: PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Vlad/Mutators/VMutator_EnhancedPlay-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="C34E2D84D45DE271672323FC556E1C6C")
                      Unknown property in RedirectReference: PackageChecksum="C34E2D84D45DE271672323FC556E1C6C")

If the mechanism is different from HUBS to pure Server, it would be appreciate for a HowTo for pure Servers.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
                        Optional Step 8 Setting up general redirects

You can force all clients to connect to server to download content by adding general redirects. Here is an example:
                        Code:
                        [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTBaseGameMode]
                        RedirectReferences=(MapName="/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-NickTest3", MapURLProtocol="https", MapURL="s3.amazonaws.com/unrealtournament/DM-NickTest3-WindowsNoEditor.pak", MapChecksum="2823d67ba5a2764330663ed3a5e048a2")
                        The format is exactly the same as the rules above, only the parameter names changed. At some point we will rename everything here.
                        Must this in the Rules.ini or Game.ini?

Another question.
                        For example: The pak name is "FreezeTag-v061.pak" and the game is "/Game/FreezeTag/FreezeTag.FreezeTag_C". Must step 8 general settings looks like this
                        Code:
                        RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/FreezeTag/FreezeTag.FreezeTag_C", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="my redirect/FreezeTag-v061.pak", PackageChecksum="6BECC1C406D85CA01638FC6ED60BDDBF")
                        or like this
                        Code:
                        RedirectReferences=(PackageName="FreezeTag-v061", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="my redirect/FreezeTag-v061.pak", PackageChecksum="6BECC1C406D85CA01638FC6ED60BDDBF")
                        Thx

Comment

Any progress on updating the rules.ini?

I'm interested in reducing the wait time before and after matches. Are there variables in place yet that govern these times?

Comment

Originally posted by [PHX]Big_Deal View Post
                            Must this in the Rules.ini or Game.ini?

Another question.
                            For example: The pak name is "FreezeTag-v061.pak" and the game is "/Game/FreezeTag/FreezeTag.FreezeTag_C". Must step 8 general settings looks like this
                            Code:
                            RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/FreezeTag/FreezeTag.FreezeTag_C", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="my redirect/FreezeTag-v061.pak", PackageChecksum="6BECC1C406D85CA01638FC6ED60BDDBF")
                            or like this
                            Code:
                            RedirectReferences=(PackageName="FreezeTag-v061", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="my redirect/FreezeTag-v061.pak", PackageChecksum="6BECC1C406D85CA01638FC6ED60BDDBF")
                            Thx
                            The Game does not recognize FreezeTag-v061 as a PackageName, since this is only a container. It has to be the fully qualified name so it recognizes the gamemode that has just been called, matches the url with the *.pak containing the data. That's what I believe at least.
                            > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
                            > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
                            > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

OK on the ports what is listed is not 100% correct.

Only Port 7777 (or what ever you change that to) and port 7787 (again default, +1 for each instance unless changed,) needs to be forwarded.

Using Windows Resource monitor you can see what ports UT4 Server is listening for.

Note Port 41765 does not need to be forwarded.

As you can see, I have 2 Servers Running, only difference is one has -port=7777 in its batch and one has -port=7778, no other changes to the download server zip except server name, rcon password, etc.

There is no need to Forward ports 14000 (unless its a Hub Server),15000 or anything in the 8000's. Only 7777 (or what is specified by -port=####) and 7787 (plus one for each server instance, ie. 7787 + 7788 etc).

Apparently the 7787 can be changed as well but none of the config files have it listed by default.

For instance the total list "[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTLobbyGameMode]" and some option but doesn't say which file they go in.

EDIT: Port 14000 is used for Hub Servers apparently.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Napsterbater; 07-23-2015, 04:21 PM. Reason: Hub Server 14000 Info Added.

Comment

So I have a question. I love the idea of hubs, I hate the idea I cant control what game types are played on them, my server, my resources my money. A few questions.

1. If I join a dedicated instance to a hub, does it always show up in the hub as an active game? Can players adjust the game settings of the dedicated instances or can they only join and play how the servers is configured?
                                2. If I join a dedicated instance to a hub and players are only able to play the settings I define on the server while connected to that instances in the hub, could I then set the number of allowed instances to be 1 so that while I have a hub running, you can only play on the one dedicated instances with my rules? The reason being I really love the hub functionality and features for building communities.

My plan would be to pool all the dedicated instagib servers into a single hub and block the creation of new instances on the hub. That way I can have a dedicated instagib hub and location where all gib players can hang out. I could just use a slow connection home server to run the hub and better paid for servers to run the instances.
                                Last edited by PayBack; 07-27-2015, 11:47 AM.
                                PayBack

Comment

Working...
                                X