No announcement yet.

Running a Windows 64 Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next release has the ability to cull out Epic rules from the hub so if you want a CTF only hub.. go for it. But if you have a default rule tag (Deathmatch, CTF, etc) then they will be forced to the Epic rules. So your dream of a CTF only hub will come true.

To answer your other questions:

1. Yes, it shows as an always running game.
    2. I think so. Never tested it but it should work that way.

Keep in mind, dedicated instances are NOT meant to pool say all of the EU instagib servers in to a single hub. The reason is your ping will be WILDLY different to individual instances since the only QOS information the player get's is their ping to the hub. And NO I will not be displaying ping info to instances in the hub. They were never designed for that.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
      The next release has the ability to cull out Epic rules from the hub so if you want a CTF only hub.. go for it. But if you have a default rule tag (Deathmatch, CTF, etc) then they will be forced to the Epic rules. So your dream of a CTF only hub will come true.

To answer your other questions:

1. Yes, it shows as an always running game.
      2. I think so. Never tested it but it should work that way.

Keep in mind, dedicated instances are NOT meant to pool say all of the EU instagib servers in to a single hub. The reason is your ping will be WILDLY different to individual instances since the only QOS information the player get's is their ping to the hub. And NO I will not be displaying ping info to instances in the hub. They were never designed for that.
      Awesome, thanks for the response that definitely makes hubs a lot more attractive. If I can say one thing regarding the possibility of instance pings within a hub. I really feel like the next UT is going to be played two ways. Either random players joining random hubs and fooling around/match making with all game types or competitive players in a community congregating around a single game type. The first option you guys are well onto doing a pretty good job of supporting. The second option has a ton of potential to build really strong communities. The idea would be, for example I enjoy a very specific game type, LGI CTF 135/35, im never going to be able to go into a random hub and get that game type started up. If someone runs a hub dedicated for that gametype, I can join that hub and play, but as a clan/competitive player, it wont be a home server or the same as one. We cant load our custom maps or skins etc we are forced to play by the hub owners rules and we can control who has access. The old way of finding servers was always to load up the whole ctf browser and then filter based on game settings, then search for a game with people in it or try to start one on an empty server and hope someone else did the same as you and joins.

With hubs we now have this great opportunity to pool like minded servers and players. For example one person hosts a North East USA Instagib Hub. Clans can join their dedicated instances to that hub with the hub owners approval and now we can create a meeting place for all instagib players. Now we have the makings of a huge community where clans can be directly competitive in the hub chat and functionality on its own while still having access to their own private server within the community. In the old days people joined clans by hanging around a server for a while, usually it was one server and one clan. With this setup, you could have thousands of players in a hub, hanging out with hundreds of clans, all competing to recruit the best of the new players. With all the clans in such close proximity to each other, it would be really easy to get competitive clan matches going and develop those fun rivalries.

I understand this is not your intention for the hubs and dedicated instances, but it could be a really great boom to the community creation of UT4. It combines the community aspect of hubs with the competitive aspect/requirements of clans.
      PayBack

Comment

Has anyone other than Joe gotten a dedicated instance working? If so, I'd like to check it out. I've tried it with the dedicated instance on the same rig as the Hub and I seem to get weird port crosstalk going (e.g. Hub MOTD has switched to dedicated instance MOTD). Some port suggestions for successful cohabitation might be helpful. Both the Hub and separate dedicated server run fine on their own.

I've tried wiring in a dedicated instance from a different physical server also but not joy. In both cases (same or different physical server), the dedicated instance barks profusely if the Hub is stopped so some form of comms is going on but it just doesn't show up in the Hub.
        Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
          The next release has the ability to cull out Epic rules from the hub so if you want a CTF only hub.. go for it. But if you have a default rule tag (Deathmatch, CTF, etc) then they will be forced to the Epic rules.
          Great news. That´s i have waiting for.

Comment

I've updated this to point to the wiki.

Comment

Thanks Joe.
              Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

What if we're not running a lobby server, do we replace "lobby" with "DM" or "CTF" ?.
                Community UT:4 [Melbourne & Sydney Australia] - TeamSpeak 3 Community ..:..TS3.WishfulThinkings.net

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful Thinking! View Post
                  What if we're not running a lobby server, do we replace "lobby" with "DM" or "CTF" ?.
                  ?Game=DM
                  ?Game=CTF

... try those!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Can you check what's wrong?

Code:
                    [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTEpicDefaultRulesets]
                    AllowedRulesets=Deathmatch
                    AllowedRulesets=TDM
                    AllowedRulesets=DUEL
                    AllowedRulesets=SHOWDOWN
                    AllowedRulesets=CTF
                    AllowedRulesets=iDM
                    AllowedRulesets=iTDM
                    AllowedRulesets=iCTF
                    AllowedRulesets=ArenaFreezeTag

[ArenaFreezeTag UTGameRuleset]
                    UniqueTag=ArenaFreezeTag
                    Title=Freeze Tag (Arena)
                    ToolTip=It's time to break the ice!
                    Description=GameMode created by FrostbyteGR.\n\nReport any issues on the forums.
                    MaxPlayers=10
                    MinPlayersToStart=2
                    DisplayTexture=
                    GameMode=/Game/FreezeTag/FreezeTag.FreezeTag_C
                    GameOptions=?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=10?IsArena=True
                    Categories=Casual
                    Categories=TeamPlay
                    bTeamGame=true
                    RequiredPackages=FreezeTag-v07
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-ASDF
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Cannon
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Chill
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Column
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Deadfall
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-DeckTest
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Focus
                    CustomMapList=/Game/EpicInternal/Lea/DM-Lea
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-MorbiasTest
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-NickTest1
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Outpost23
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-SidCastle
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Solo
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/SM-Spacer
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Temple
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Tuba
                    CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Vortex
                    RuleCategories=(CategoryName=DeathMatch,CategoryButtonText="Deathmatch")
                    RuleCategories=(CategoryName=TeamPlay,CategoryButtonText="Team Play")
                    RuleCategories=(CategoryName=InstaGib,CategoryButtonText="InstaGib")
                    RuleCategories=(CategoryName=Casual,CategoryButtonText="Casual")
                    RuleCategories=(CategoryName=Custom,CategoryButtonText="Custom")

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTBaseGameMode]
                    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="FreezeTag-v07", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="<PATH_TO_FREEZETAG>/FreezeTag-v07.pak", PackageChecksum="4885EE6B2717BEC34463EDEB81AA06AE")
                    The following config doesn't work. I can see it listed inside the hub, but once I create a FreezeTag instance and/or launch it, the package does not download from the hub to the clients.
                    Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 07-31-2015, 05:38 PM.
                    > FreezeTag [Blueprint]
                    > Reimagining of Greed [BluePrint]
                    > Avarice, a DM-variant of Greed [BluePrint]

Comment

Originally posted by FrostbyteGR View Post
                      Can you check what's wrong?

Code:
                      AllowedRulesets=Deathmatch
                      AllowedRulesets=TDM
                      AllowedRulesets=DUEL
                      AllowedRulesets=SHOWDOWN
                      AllowedRulesets=CTF
                      AllowedRulesets=iDM
                      AllowedRulesets=iTDM
                      AllowedRulesets=iCTF
                      AllowedRulesets=ArenaFreezeTag

[ArenaFreezeTag UTGameRuleset]
                      UniqueTag=ArenaFreezeTag
                      Title=Freeze Tag (Arena)
                      ToolTip=It's time to break the ice!
                      Description=GameMode created by FrostbyteGR.\n\nReport any issues on the forums.
                      MaxPlayers=10
                      MinPlayersToStart=2
                      DisplayTexture=
                      GameOptions=?TimeLimit=20?GoalScore=10?IsArena=True
                      Categories=Casual
                      Categories=TeamPlay
                      bTeamGame=true
                      RequiredPackages=FreezeTag-v07
                      CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-MorbiasTest
                      CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-SidCastle
                      CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Solo
                      CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/SM-Spacer
                      RuleCategories=(CategoryName=DeathMatch,CategoryButtonText="Deathmatch")
                      RuleCategories=(CategoryName=TeamPlay,CategoryButtonText="Team Play")
                      RuleCategories=(CategoryName=Casual,CategoryButtonText="Casual")
                      RuleCategories=(CategoryName=Custom,CategoryButtonText="Custom")

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="FreezeTag-v07", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="83.212.86.123/~ut4/FreezeTag-v07.pak", PackageChecksum="4885EE6B2717BEC34463EDEB81AA06AE")
                      The following config doesn't work. I can see it listed inside the hub, but once I create a FreezeTag instance and/or launch it, the package does not download from the hub to the clients.
                      Your reference is wrong and you must delete from Rules.ini

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="FreezeTag-v07", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="83.212.86.123/~ut4/FreezeTag-v07.pak", PackageChecksum="4885EE6B2717BEC34463EDEB81AA06AE")

and put it inside Game.ini like that

Code:
                      RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/FreezeTag/FreezeTag.FreezeTag_C", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="83.212.86.123/~ut4/FreezeTag-v07.pak", PackageChecksum="4885EE6B2717BEC34463EDEB81AA06AE")

Comment

So basicly the new system that Joe made (about the RequiredPackages variables and all that jazz) is basicly broken.
                        Good to know, will try your method. I've been wanting to ask, but I couldn't find you.

EDIT: Neither does your suggestion work, can you hit me up with your configuration which works, so I can compare?
                        Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 07-31-2015, 03:59 PM.
                        > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Originally posted by FrostbyteGR View Post
                          So basicly the new system that Joe made (about the RequiredPackages variables and all that jazz) is basicly broken.
                          Good to know, will try your method. I've been wanting to ask, but I couldn't find you.

EDIT: Neither does your suggestion work, can you hit me up with your configuration which works, so I can compare?
                          Sure

Game.ini
                          Code:
                          [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTLobbyGameMode]
                          StartingInstancePort=8000
                          InstancePortStep=10
                          MaxInstances=6

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTGameState]
                          ServerName=[PHX] PHOENIX GERMANY
                          ServerMOTD=<MOTD.Header.Huge>www.phoenix-4ever.de</>\n\n<MOTD.Normal>The real PHOENIX Clan ---Fun Gaming since 1994--- </>\n\n<MOTD.Normal>ATTENTION!</>\n\n<MOTD.Normal>After autodownload the .pak files, copy it from</>\n\n<MOTD.Normal>...\Documents\UnrealTournament\Saved\DownloadedPaks</>\n\n<MOTD.Normal>to</>\n\n<MOTD.Normal>...\UnrealTournamentDev\UnrealTournament\Content\Paks</>
                          ServerDescription=Noob or Pro, everybody is welcome! Just have fun!

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/GameModes/LTSGameMode.LTSGameMode_C", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="your URL/VMutator_EnhancedPlay-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="C34E2D84D45DE271672323FC556E1C6C")
                          RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/EnhancedPlay/VMutator_EnhancedPlay.VMutator_EnhancedPlay_C", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="your URLr/VMutator_EnhancedPlay-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="C34E2D84D45DE271672323FC556E1C6C")
                          RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/FreezeTag/FreezeTag.FreezeTag_C", PackageURLProtocol="http", PackageURL="your URL/FreezeTag-v07.pak", PackageChecksum="4885EE6B2717BEC34463EDEB81AA06AE")

Rules.ini

Code:
                          ;AllowedRulesets=Deathmatch
                          ;AllowedRulesets=BigDM
                          ;AllowedRulesets=TDM
                          ;AllowedRulesets=DUEL
                          ;AllowedRulesets=SHOWDOWN
                          ;AllowedRulesets=CTF
                          ;AllowedRulesets=BIGCTF
                          ;AllowedRulesets=iDM
                          ;AllowedRulesets=iTDM
                          ;AllowedRulesets=iCTF
                          ;AllowedRulesets=iCTF+t
                          ;AllowedRulesets=LGiCTF
                          AllowedRulesets=iTDM1
                          AllowedRulesets=LTS1
                          AllowedRulesets=FTAG1
                          AllowedRulesets=TDM1
                          AllowedRulesets=DM1
                          AllowedRulesets=CTF1
                          RuleCategories=(CategoryName=TDM,CategoryButtonText="TDM")
                          RuleCategories=(CategoryName=DM,CategoryButtonText="DM")
                          RuleCategories=(CategoryName=LastTeamStanding,CategoryButtonText="LastTeamStanding")
                          RuleCategories=(CategoryName=FreezeTag,CategoryButtonText="FreezeTag")
                          RuleCategories=(CategoryName=CTF,CategoryButtonText="CTF")

[iTDM1 UTGameRuleset]
                          UniqueTag=iTDM1
                          Title=Instagib TDM
                          ToolTip=Instagib Team DeathMatch
                          Description=One hit one kill Team DeathMatch\n\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mutators : Instagib</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>TimeLimit : 15 Minutes</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mercy Rule : On</>\n\nMaximum of 12 players allowed!
                          MaxPlayers=12
                          MinPlayersToStart=1
                          DisplayTexture=Texture2D'/Game/RestrictedAssets/UI/GameModeBadges/GB_InstagibTeamDM.GB_InstagibTeamDM'
                          GameMode=TDM
                          GameOptions=?MaxPlayers=12?GoalScore=100?TimeLimit=15?Mutator=Mutator_Instagib?ForceRespawn=1?BalanceTeams=1?Difficulty=5?botfill=2?MaxSpectators=2
                          Categories=InstaGib
                          bTeamGame=true
                          DefaultMap=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/DM-Outpost23
                          MapPrefixes=DM
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/DM-Spacer

[LTS1 UTGameRuleset]
                          UniqueTag=LTS1
                          Title=LastTeamStanding
                          ToolTip=Last Team Standing. Same like BTA or TAM.
                          Description=Players have 1 life per round. A round ends either when there is only one team with at least one player left alive (the player's team gets a point) or when no players are left alive (draw situation, no scoring)\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Version: 2.0</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mutators : EnhancedPlay</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>TimeLimit : 30 Minutes</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mercy Rule : On</>\n\nMaximum of 10 players allowed!
                          MaxPlayers=10
                          MinPlayersToStart=1
                          DisplayTexture=Texture2D'/Game/RestrictedAssets/UI/GameModeBadges/GB_TDM.GB_TDM'
                          GameMode=/Game/GameModes/LTSGameMode.LTSGameMode_C
                          GameOptions=?MaxPlayers=10?Mutator=/Game/EnhancedPlay/VMutator_EnhancedPlay.VMutator_EnhancedPlay_C?MaxPlayers=10?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=30?ForceRespawn=1?BalanceTeams=1?Difficulty=5?BotFill=2?MaxSpectators=2
                          Categories=LastTeamStanding
                          bTeamGame=true
                          MapPrefixes=DM
                          RequiredPackages=/Game/GameModes/LTSGameMode.LTSGameMode_C
                          RequiredPackages=/Game/EnhancedPlay/VMutator_EnhancedPlay.VMutator_EnhancedPlay_C

[FTAG1 UTGameRuleset]
                          UniqueTag=FTAG1
                          Title=FreezeTag
                          ToolTip=FreezeTag
                          Description=Check forums.unrealtournament.com for FreezeTag\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Version: 0.7</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mutators : None</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>TimeLimit : 30 Minutes</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mercy Rule : On</>\n\nMaximum of 10 players allowed!
                          MaxPlayers=10
                          MinPlayersToStart=1
                          DisplayTexture=Texture2D'/Game/RestrictedAssets/UI/GameModeBadges/GB_TDM.GB_TDM'
                          GameOptions=?MaxPlayers=10?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=30?ForceRespawn=1?BalanceTeams=1?Difficulty=5?BotFill=4?MaxSpectators=2
                          Categories=FreezeTag
                          bTeamGame=true
                          MapPrefixes=DM
                          RequiredPackages=/Game/FreezeTag/FreezeTag.FreezeTag_C

[TDM1 UTGameRuleset]
                          UniqueTag=TDM1
                          Title=Team DeathMatch
                          ToolTip=Standard Team DeathMatch
                          Description=Standard Team DeathMatch\n\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mutators : None</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>TimeLimit : 20 Minutes</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mercy Rule : On</>\n\nMaximum of 10 players allowed!
                          MaxPlayers=10
                          MinPlayersToStart=1
                          GameMode=TDM
                          GameOptions=?MaxPlayers=10?GoalScore=75?TimeLimit=20?ForceRespawn=1?BalanceTeams=1?Difficulty=5?botfill=2?MaxSpectators=2
                          Categories=TDM
                          bTeamGame=true
                          MapPrefixes=DM

[DM1 UTGameRuleset]
                          UniqueTag=DM1
                          Title=DeathMatch
                          ToolTip=Standard DeathMatch
                          Description=Standard DeathMatch\n\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mutators : None</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>TimeLimit : 20 Minutes</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mercy Rule : On</>\n\nMaximum of 10 players allowed!
                          MaxPlayers=10
                          MinPlayersToStart=1
                          DisplayTexture=Texture2D'/Game/RestrictedAssets/UI/GameModeBadges/GB_DM.GB_DM'
                          GameMode=DM
                          GameOptions=?MaxPlayers=10?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?ForceRespawn=1?Difficulty=5?botfill=2?MaxSpectators=2
                          Categories=DM
                          bTeamGame=false
                          MapPrefixes=DM

[CTF1 UTGameRuleset]
                          UniqueTag=CTF1
                          Title=Capture the Flag
                          ToolTip=Capture the Flag
                          Description=Standard Capture the Flag\n\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mutators : None</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>TimeLimit : 2x 10 minute halfs</>\n<UT.Hub.RulesText_Small>Mercy Rule : On</>\n\nMaximum of 12 players allowed!
                          MaxPlayers=12
                          MinPlayersToStart=1
                          DisplayTexture=Texture2D'/Game/RestrictedAssets/UI/GameModeBadges/GB_CTF.GB_CTF'
                          GameMode=CTF
                          GameOptions=?MaxPlayers=12?GoalScore=10?TimeLimit=20?ForceRespawn=1?BalanceTeams=1?Difficulty=5?botfill=4?MaxSpectators=2
                          Categories=CTF
                          bTeamGame=true
                          MapPrefixes=CTF
                          DefaultMap=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-FaceTest
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-FaceTest
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-Bigrock
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-Dam
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-Outside
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-Blank
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-CrashSite
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-Lance
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-Mine
                          CustomMapList=/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/WIP/CTF-Volcano
                          I did post my whole config, maybe other have also some problems

Comment

Looks like the package name has to contain the fully qualified name of the GameMode rather than the *.pak filename. That's what I figure out from this, and it also has to be in the Game.ini to work.
                            Just tested and it works flawlessly, time for some playtesting!

Major kudos [PHX]Big_Deal!
                            Last edited by FrostbyteGR; 07-31-2015, 06:50 PM.
                            > FreezeTag [Blueprint]

Comment

Its Done

Comment

Having some issues with getting this redirect to work. Here's my game.ini settings:

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/Laambo/Maps/DM-AW-DroneArena-A4.DM-AW-DroneArena-A4", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Xacius/DM-AW-DroneArena-A4-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="edfff2c65ee190e402c4c28ea9bc4e66")

With the server on that map, when I try to connect it says "Package Missing"

Is there a special tool that I need to use to determine what the checksum is? I'm just using a free tool that I found online.

Comment

Working...
                                X