Running a Windows 64 Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTBaseGameMode]
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/Laambo/Maps/DM-AW-DroneArena-A4.DM-AW-DroneArena-A4-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Xacius/DM-AW-DroneArena-A4-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="edfff2c65ee190e402c4c28ea9bc4e66")

You need the full file name now, not just the map name. Also http://winmd5.com/ this tool works great for calculating MD5 of a file.
    PayBack

Comment

Originally posted by -jay- View Post
      RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/Laambo/Maps/DM-AW-DroneArena-A4.DM-AW-DroneArena-A4-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="ut.rushbase.net/Xacius/DM-AW-DroneArena-A4-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="edfff2c65ee190e402c4c28ea9bc4e66")

You need the full file name now, not just the map name. Also http://winmd5.com/ this tool works great for calculating MD5 of a file.
      ... you also have too many of these ... ".DM-AW-DroneArena-A4" in that line!

/Game/Laambo/Maps/DM-AW-DroneArena-A4-WindowsNoEditor <---- go with that!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Originally posted by Laambo View Post
        ... you also have too many of these ... ".DM-AW-DroneArena-A4" in that line!

/Game/Laambo/Maps/DM-AW-DroneArena-A4-WindowsNoEditor <---- go with that!
        Awesome, this worked. Thank you!

Comment

I tried joining a dedicated server to my hub, but it doesnt seem to be working. This is what I see in the logs, any ideas?

[2015.08.07-00.46.37:091][518]LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.136342
          [2015.08.07-00.46.37:188][525]LogNetTraffic:Warning: High single frame packet loss: 440
          [2015.08.07-00.46.42:384][851]LogNet:Warning: UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection. Driver: IpNetDriver_13, Elapsed: 5.007022, Thresho
          ld: 5.000000, RemoteAddr: 192.223.24.155:51042, PC: NoPC, Owner: No Owner
          [2015.08.07-00.50.47:522][287]LogOnline:Warning: MCP: Session: Game, mismatch in player registration
          maxpub: 10000 maxpriv: 0
          openpub: 10000 openpriv: 0
          backend: 0 local: 1 nummatches: 0
          [2015.08.07-00.50.47:664][296]LogOnline:Warning: MCP: Session: Game, mismatch in player registration
          [2015.08.07-00.51.44:405][849]LogOnline:Warning: MCP: Session: Game, mismatch in player registration
          [2015.08.07-00.51.44:563][859]LogOnline:Warning: MCP: Session: Game, mismatch in player registration
          PayBack

Comment

Joe do you have any insight?
            PayBack

Comment

The wiki is missing information about joining dedicated instances to the hub. The message in the first post with those details got edited out. Does anyone have that configuration info?
              My UT4 Video channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...0ysqE_3wuv1usQ

Comment

I tried joining a dedicated server to my hub, but it doesnt seem to be working. This is what I see in the logs, any ideas?

[2015.08.07-00.46.37:091][518]LogWorld: Bringing up level for play took: 0.136342
                [2015.08.07-00.46.37:188][525]LogNetTraffic:Warning: High single frame packet loss: 440
                [2015.08.07-00.46.42:384][851]LogNet:Warning: UNetConnection::Tick: Connection TIMED OUT. Closing connection. Driver: IpNetDriver_13, Elapsed: 5.007022, Thresho
                ld: 5.000000, RemoteAddr: 192.223.24.155:51042, PC: NoPC, Owner: No Owner
                [2015.08.07-00.50.47:522][287]LogOnline:Warning: MCP: Session: Game, mismatch in player registration
                [2015.08.07-00.50.47:664][296]LogOnline:Warning: MCP: Session: Game, mismatch in player registration
                [2015.08.07-00.51.44:405][849]LogOnline:Warning: MCP: Session: Game, mismatch in player registration
                [2015.08.07-00.51.44:563][859]LogOnline:Warning: MCP: Session: Game, mismatch in player registration
                I don't know what you mean by trying to join a dedicated server to a hub.

Originally posted by BlueCloud View Post
                The wiki is missing information about joining dedicated instances to the hub. The message in the first post with those details got edited out. Does anyone have that configuration info?
                The documentation has a few errors at the moment. We're trying to get them sorted out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by RZE View Post
                  I don't know what you mean by trying to join a dedicated server to a hub.

The documentation has a few errors at the moment. We're trying to get them sorted out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                  Well according to Joe as posted earlier in this thread, you can take a dedicated stand alone server and join it to a hub instance. So that when people are playing on the dedicated stand alone server, it shows up in the hub as an active game.
                  PayBack

Comment

Well according to Joe as posted earlier in this thread, you can take a dedicated stand alone server and join it to a hub instance. So that when people are playing on the dedicated stand alone server, it shows up in the hub as an active game.
                    As I posted previously in this and other threads, I haven't been able to get it to work either. I did play on the Seniors (.sr) Hub and believe it not, they actually have it working.

I've given up on it because it's not what I need. I need to allow a couple of instances to be perpetual and always running even if empty. This is primarily for noobs who just want to jump into a match easily from within my Hub. Based on my experience so far running a Hub since February, most people are not "instance starters".

I'm not sure what the long term plan is for standard dedicated servers but connecting the current dedicated server to a Hub doesn't make much sense for me since it doesn't have mapvote functionality which will lead to confusion for Hub users.
                    Last edited by MΛuL; 08-12-2015, 12:23 AM.
                    Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Did something change with todays build regarding the setup of redirect references? I keep getting a package missing error while using the same format that worked with the last build. The server loads the map fine, so I know the path is right. All I do for each new build in increment the "_b7" number in the file name. This is for a dedicated stand alone server.

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/CTF-Warehouse11_b7-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="s3.amazonaws.com/baker-networks.com/UTMaps/CTF-Warehouse11_b7-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="52fae1935d5dbf225048dacf2f1f773c")

**FIXED**
                      The change was made in the packagename. The new format for the package name has just the file name, not the folder path.

RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-Warehouse11_b7-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="s3.amazonaws.com/baker-networks.com/UTMaps/CTF-Warehouse11_b7-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="52fae1935d5dbf225048dacf2f1f773c")
                      Last edited by PayBack; 08-24-2015, 04:29 PM.
                      PayBack

Comment

The docs should be updated. And we added a commandlet to make generating the redirects easier.

Comment

Sigh, i'm so tired to testing on seting up a hub. Now i'm on end with my wisdom and want to ask if some developer can just make a executable file where all those ini-files can be loaded and modificated right.

I mean, you can just programing something like a serverlauncer.exe where you can set up all what you want like Hubname, Rules, Password and whatever you need, then you klick "start" and it's done.

I was totally lost. Tryed to setting up a hub and copying some commandlines and whatever and no luck with my hub.

Please make a executable launcher for Hubs for some people like me who have no luck with that lol.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by AurumDragon View Post
                            Sigh, i'm so tired to testing on seting up a hub. Now i'm on end with my wisdom and want to ask if some developer can just make a executable file where all those ini-files can be loaded and modificated right.

I mean, you can just programing something like a serverlauncer.exe where you can set up all what you want like Hubname, Rules, Password and whatever you need, then you klick "start" and it's done.

I was totally lost. Tryed to setting up a hub and copying some commandlines and whatever and no luck with my hub.

Please make a executable launcher for Hubs for some people like me who have no luck with that lol.

Thank you
                            What you asked for would be nice to have but I'm sure they don't have time for that right now and would prefer a community member to make that. I hate to say it but running a server at pre-alpha should be left for people with a lot of patience.
                            Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Originally posted by M^uL View Post
                              What you asked for would be nice to have but I'm sure they don't have time for that right now and would prefer a community member to make that. I hate to say it but running a server at pre-alpha should be left for people with a lot of patience.
                              Mh, i guessed that something like that is the case. Well, if i were a good programmer then i would do that but at first place i must exactly understand how it works. I think that i i do almost all things right. If i set up my HUB it shows on unresponsible servers with red colored font - and there is HUB as game-style so it probable is not so much bad. And i guess that i cannot just go in my own server, it must be someone with other IP. And maybe if someone is in my HUB who is showed as a server then it will be placed right from that moment as a real HUB and not a server.

Maybe that is the point where i think I've done it wrong but there was nothing wrong at all. Must just try to experiment a bit more with that but with next build.

I understand that if you have some settings who are standard settings the game just delete it from the inifiles like that port 8000. But there is a question on people who knows the server setting well: if i have NOTHING in the rules.ini so then i just have standard rules in my server as well like in offline gameplay? If it is the case then i can spare that lot of work and just enjoy my hub without figuring out how to write the file right?

Sorry for my bad English

Comment

Originally posted by AurumDragon View Post
                                Mh, i guessed that something like that is the case. Well, if i were a good programmer then i would do that but at first place i must exactly understand how it works. I think that i i do almost all things right. If i set up my HUB it shows on unresponsible servers with red colored font - and there is HUB as game-style so it probable is not so much bad. And i guess that i cannot just go in my own server, it must be someone with other IP. And maybe if someone is in my HUB who is showed as a server then it will be placed right from that moment as a real HUB and not a server.

Maybe that is the point where i think I've done it wrong but there was nothing wrong at all. Must just try to experiment a bit more with that but with next build.

I understand that if you have some settings who are standard settings the game just delete it from the inifiles like that port 8000. But there is a question on people who knows the server setting well: if i have NOTHING in the rules.ini so then i just have standard rules in my server as well like in offline gameplay? If it is the case then i can spare that lot of work and just enjoy my hub without figuring out how to write the file right?

Sorry for my bad English

... if your server shows up in RED that usually means you have some Ports that are not open/forwarded in you router!

http://aggressivewarriors.com -=- {AW}'s Community Map Test Server -=-

Comment

Working...
                                X