Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    nearly the samme issue at my setup.

Trying to add 2 dedicated instances to the working HUB but its not showing up (but communicating)
    Servers showing up at the "internet" browser but disappear after one round or showing "UT-ENTRY" if you connected a HUB.

I found out that it has to do with the second cmd! If you close one of them its showing the mapconfig of both at the other.

Atm i try some different testruns.
    I´ll keep you up to date about it at my Technical Help & Serverissues Topic.

/N0c

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Tried to set up the dedicated instance but no joy so far. I'm trying to run the dedicated instance on the same box (and IP) as my Hub. They both run fine independently at the same time although the dedicated instance falls into the unresponsive bin after one round but it still works perfectly. Is there an issue trying to do this on the same box? I have two separate folders for both servers.

The dedicated instance server barks out continuous error messages if my Hub server is not running i.e. it's happy when my Hub is running so it seems to be communicating but it doesn't show up in the Hub.

I tried both the Game.ini Hub settings and the command line settings on the dedicated instance.

Here's my dedicated instance command line:

Code:
    start UE4Server-Win64-Test.exe UnrealTournament DM-Chill?Game=DM?TimeLimit=20?MaxPlayers=12?botfill=2?MaxSpectators=4?HUB=66.151.244.165?HUBKey=MyFirstPassKey -port=7778 -log
    I have the dedicated instance communicating on 7778 and the Hub on the default 7777. All other required ports are open and as I mentioned, both work fine independently.

(Note: the release notes page shows "-" directives instead of "?" but I tried both with the same result.)

Here's my Hub Game.ini pertinent section:

Code:
    [/Script/UnrealTournament.UTLobbyGameMode]
    StartingInstancePort=8000
    InstancePortStep=1
    MaxInstances=10
    AccessKey=MyFirstPassKey
    (Note: the release notes indicate the UTLobbyGameState section. Tried it but still the same result)

Thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
    Updated with a FAQ section and info on how to setup a dedicated instance.
    Great! I will give a shot in the next day or two.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Updated with a FAQ section and info on how to setup a dedicated instance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for getting this started Joe.

I'm currently waiting for information on setting up a dedicated instance in my Hub. I'm trying to wire in a separate dedicated server into my Hub but since there are no default .ini's in this server build, I can't locate the list of allowed Hub keys in UTLobbyGameState as noted in the version notes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This should be renamed ...

Running a Windows 64bit UT HUB Server

... will give this a try later this week when I have more time!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic [OFFICIAL TUTORIAL] Running a Windows 64 Server

Running a Windows 64 Server

I have moved this to a wiki here: ( This document is now out of date - For more recent and accurate documentation please visit this link )

Please use this thread for discussion.
    Last edited by RZE; 10-21-2015, 06:51 PM.
Working...
X