X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by JestServers View Post
    Any update on this?
    Still having issues getting things properly running under Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64 Standard.
    Are you still having issues? does your server work without the -multihome switch? just curious?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Any update on this?
    Still having issues getting things properly running under Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 x64 Standard.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I read through the Wiki and searched on the forum but couldn't find an answer to where theServer Query Port could be changed. Ideally being able to set it in the command line would be helpful.

Anyone have a current wiki for setting up a Hub server? I'm close to getting them to work, but they show up as unresponsive for some reason. I can still join the Hub, my rules and MOTD properly show up, but when I try to start a match it fails.
    I assume I've done something wrong, but followed the Wiki several times and searched on the forums as well but couldn't find anything to help.
    What command line should I be using on Windows 64bit,
    Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-Win64-Test.exe UnrealTournament UT-Entry?Game=Lobby?MaxPlayers=20 -multihome=192.227.140.244 -port=7777 -log
    or
    UnrealTournamentServer.exe UnrealTournament UT-Entry?Game=Lobby?MaxPlayers=20 -multihome=192.227.140.244 -port=7777 -log
    Last edited by JestServers; 10-08-2015, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi guys,

How can I download or update the server, on a machine that does not have video card?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JoeWilcox View Post
    I have moved this to a wiki here:

Please use this thread for disucssion.
    The link for windows server x64 doesnt work... Stops towards the end of the download.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AurumDragon View Post

Ok, i've spend many time again to look over all my steps until now. My Router have all ports forwarded/open, my firewall is ok and open this ports for the game, my game.ini looking ok but i'm still in red and in serverlist but not in hub list.

The only thing which is different is my rules.ini - that file is empty because i just want to use standard setting. Can the empty Rules.ini be the issue? I figured it's not necessary to modify it if you want just the same rules who are in the game as standard.

Look at the pictures, there is all ok but if you look closely there is no port 8000 open. I think it responds if someone enter my hub?
    yeah, the 8000's ports are when Matches are created in your hub!

now, when I look at your port forwards I see your pointing to computer 0.0.0.0? is that correct?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PortsListening.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	341625Click image for larger version

Name:	PortsOpen.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	341626

Ok, i've spend many time again to look over all my steps until now. My Router have all ports forwarded/open, my firewall is ok and open this ports for the game, my game.ini looking ok but i'm still in red and in serverlist but not in hub list.

The only thing which is different is my rules.ini - that file is empty because i just want to use standard setting. Can the empty Rules.ini be the issue? I figured it's not necessary to modify it if you want just the same rules who are in the game as standard.

Look at the pictures, there is all ok but if you look closely there is no port 8000 open. I think it responds if someone enter my hub?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Mh, i guessed that something like that is the case. Well, if i were a good programmer then i would do that but at first place i must exactly understand how it works. I think that i i do almost all things right. If i set up my HUB it shows on unresponsible servers with red colored font - and there is HUB as game-style so it probable is not so much bad. And i guess that i cannot just go in my own server, it must be someone with other IP. And maybe if someone is in my HUB who is showed as a server then it will be placed right from that moment as a real HUB and not a server.

Maybe that is the point where i think I've done it wrong but there was nothing wrong at all. Must just try to experiment a bit more with that but with next build.

I understand that if you have some settings who are standard settings the game just delete it from the inifiles like that port 8000. But there is a question on people who knows the server setting well: if i have NOTHING in the rules.ini so then i just have standard rules in my server as well like in offline gameplay? If it is the case then i can spare that lot of work and just enjoy my hub without figuring out how to write the file right?

Sorry for my bad English

... if your server shows up in RED that usually means you have some Ports that are not open/forwarded in you router!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by M^uL View Post
    What you asked for would be nice to have but I'm sure they don't have time for that right now and would prefer a community member to make that. I hate to say it but running a server at pre-alpha should be left for people with a lot of patience.
    Mh, i guessed that something like that is the case. Well, if i were a good programmer then i would do that but at first place i must exactly understand how it works. I think that i i do almost all things right. If i set up my HUB it shows on unresponsible servers with red colored font - and there is HUB as game-style so it probable is not so much bad. And i guess that i cannot just go in my own server, it must be someone with other IP. And maybe if someone is in my HUB who is showed as a server then it will be placed right from that moment as a real HUB and not a server.

Maybe that is the point where i think I've done it wrong but there was nothing wrong at all. Must just try to experiment a bit more with that but with next build.

I understand that if you have some settings who are standard settings the game just delete it from the inifiles like that port 8000. But there is a question on people who knows the server setting well: if i have NOTHING in the rules.ini so then i just have standard rules in my server as well like in offline gameplay? If it is the case then i can spare that lot of work and just enjoy my hub without figuring out how to write the file right?

Sorry for my bad English

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sigh, i'm so tired to testing on seting up a hub. Now i'm on end with my wisdom and want to ask if some developer can just make a executable file where all those ini-files can be loaded and modificated right.

I mean, you can just programing something like a serverlauncer.exe where you can set up all what you want like Hubname, Rules, Password and whatever you need, then you klick "start" and it's done.

I was totally lost. Tryed to setting up a hub and copying some commandlines and whatever and no luck with my hub.

Please make a executable launcher for Hubs for some people like me who have no luck with that lol.

Thank you
    What you asked for would be nice to have but I'm sure they don't have time for that right now and would prefer a community member to make that. I hate to say it but running a server at pre-alpha should be left for people with a lot of patience.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sigh, i'm so tired to testing on seting up a hub. Now i'm on end with my wisdom and want to ask if some developer can just make a executable file where all those ini-files can be loaded and modificated right.

I mean, you can just programing something like a serverlauncer.exe where you can set up all what you want like Hubname, Rules, Password and whatever you need, then you klick "start" and it's done.

I was totally lost. Tryed to setting up a hub and copying some commandlines and whatever and no luck with my hub.

Please make a executable launcher for Hubs for some people like me who have no luck with that lol.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The docs should be updated. And we added a commandlet to make generating the redirects easier.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did something change with todays build regarding the setup of redirect references? I keep getting a package missing error while using the same format that worked with the last build. The server loads the map fine, so I know the path is right. All I do for each new build in increment the "_b7" number in the file name. This is for a dedicated stand alone server.

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTBaseGameMode]
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="/Game/RestrictedAssets/Maps/CTF-Warehouse11_b7-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="s3.amazonaws.com/baker-networks.com/UTMaps/CTF-Warehouse11_b7-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="52fae1935d5dbf225048dacf2f1f773c")

**FIXED**
    The change was made in the packagename. The new format for the package name has just the file name, not the folder path.

[/Script/UnrealTournament.UTBaseGameMode]
    RedirectReferences=(PackageName="CTF-Warehouse11_b7-WindowsNoEditor", PackageURLProtocol="https", PackageURL="s3.amazonaws.com/baker-networks.com/UTMaps/CTF-Warehouse11_b7-WindowsNoEditor.pak", PackageChecksum="52fae1935d5dbf225048dacf2f1f773c")
    Last edited by PayBack; 08-24-2015, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -jay- View Post
    Well according to Joe as posted earlier in this thread, you can take a dedicated stand alone server and join it to a hub instance. So that when people are playing on the dedicated stand alone server, it shows up in the hub as an active game.
    As I posted previously in this and other threads, I haven't been able to get it to work either. I did play on the Seniors (.sr) Hub and believe it not, they actually have it working.

I've given up on it because it's not what I need. I need to allow a couple of instances to be perpetual and always running even if empty. This is primarily for noobs who just want to jump into a match easily from within my Hub. Based on my experience so far running a Hub since February, most people are not "instance starters".

I'm not sure what the long term plan is for standard dedicated servers but connecting the current dedicated server to a Hub doesn't make much sense for me since it doesn't have mapvote functionality which will lead to confusion for Hub users.
    Last edited by MΛuL; 08-12-2015, 12:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by RZE View Post
    I don't know what you mean by trying to join a dedicated server to a hub.

The documentation has a few errors at the moment. We're trying to get them sorted out soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Well according to Joe as posted earlier in this thread, you can take a dedicated stand alone server and join it to a hub instance. So that when people are playing on the dedicated stand alone server, it shows up in the hub as an active game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X