No announcement yet.

Idea to Concept Community Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really what I was looking for, but still pretty good in its own. I see what you tried to do with the concept as well, make it a collection of mish-mashed robot parts "scavenged" from other stuff. Still, I was looking for a more human-looking robot.

Comment

Yay, a badass robot that actually looks like it would rip your spine out instead of being a toaster with feet like the UT3 robots. Thanks Gooba!
      Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Legs look a bit too human, but I love the upper parts !

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
          Scavenger One

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Woooohoooo ...Thanks man!!
          You even brought back the pipes on the front
          Only those incense sticks on his shoulders are irritating.

For comparison...
          This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
          Yup ...that's him.
          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

This is something i personally would like to see in the game, but 2 problems one i can't draw and 2 i am bad at explaining my ideas. Be great to see what people come up with. Probably be cyborg related so would fit in i think. If you try it good luck, if not i understand. I think it will take a special artist to truely make this idea come to life.

Humanized Vehicle

This also could all be part of the gametype i suggested Secret Agent gametype. : )

Last edited by cyborgion; 09-24-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

This is a character excerpt from some writing I'm currently working on. A good visualization would be a really cool for my document:

Hawk (Name: Hao'ndi).
              Species: Nali
              Less a true believer than a warrior, Hawk joined the Exiles because of their willingness to fight oppression of the Nali people. Initially a Skaarj slave conscripted by human forces during the Human-Skaarj war, he underwent psychological conditioning and training to discard his passive Nali inclinations and turn him into an effective soldier. After the war, when he witnessed the NEG resettlement of Nali onto reservations he defected, becoming a mercenary fighting for scattered rebel causes. Divided from mainstream Nali culture by his training and experience, the emergence of Vandora's Exiles has at last given him hope of reclaiming a place among his kin, and a worthy cause to fight for.. Among the Exiles his expertise with tactics and technology makes him an invaluable asset.
              Notable features: Veteran warrior, heavily scarred from battle and with one or more cybernetic replacement limbs.
              Last edited by Wail; 09-15-2015, 05:45 PM.
              Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by Wail View Post
                This is a character excerpt from some writing I'm currently working on. A good visualization would be a really cool for my document:

Hawk (Name: Hao'ndi).
                Species: Nali

Notable features: Veteran warrior, heavily scarred from battle and with one or more cybernetic replacement limbs.
                It's nice to see that someone who knows how to write wrote a proper backstory for a Nali character.

Gooba should disregard my previous suggestion on Chaeden (At least the backstory aspect of it, anyway. Not entirely sure about the whole Nali base thing or the survival armor, but the character itself is admittingly pretty fanfictiony) and go for this instead.

Comment

Hey Gooba! I have an idea for a character, might have more later down the line but i think this one would be really cool to see concepted!:

Name: Renata
                  Faction: Thunder Crash
                  Personality: Hot-headed, Clever, Wise-cracking, Humorous, Eager to Fight, Athletic, Somewhat Crude, and also a Strategical Thinker.
                  Body Type: Slim, Defined muscles, with a prosthetic (cybernetic) left arm and short hair. Think Vasquez from Aliens, but with a prosthetic left arm.
                  Specific Quirks: Enjoys everything having to do with using, owning, and maintaining guns. Is a frequent gambler on free time, and collects poker chips and playing cards. Enjoys music, primarily rock. Is an avid sports fan and enjoys partaking in capture the flag and bombing run matches. Has double jointed arms, and a scar over her right eye.
                  Appearance References: Largely base her off of Vasquez from Aliens. However some influence from earlier Thunder Crash female members would be neat. Keep the bandanna!

Bio:
                  After growing as the youngest child in her family in a family full of brothers, Renata toughened up and became strong at quite the young age to be able to prove her worth to her brothers. After a long sports career in her youth, she joined the NEG when she turned 18 and fought alongside her older brothers against countless threats to the NEG's galactic areas of influence. She quickly became widely known among members and mercenaries working for the NEG alike for her strength and knowledge of tactics on the battlefield, however, after serving the NEG for 6 years, She was forced to retire after she and 3 of her brothers responded to an virus outbreak on an space station located at the fringe area of NEG's outer rim of influence. She ended up losing a hand, and all 3 of the brothers that accompanied her, only leaving 2 other brothers alive in her family after the mission. However, after being forced out of the NEG due to her missing hand, a month later Thunder Crash offered to let her join their mercenary group due to her expertise on the battlefield, and even offered to pay for her to recieve a new cybernetic hand in place of her missing left hand. Now working for Thunder Crash and participating in several different tournaments alongside them, Renata intends to prove her might and her reputation as one of the greatest warriors in the known universe.
                  Additionally, I'd love to see your take on one or two of the Anuban/Nakhti characters from UT2k4 Gooba! (mainly Diva and Scarab) Although the general consensus on them seems to be somewhat divided, I personally think it would be really neat to see a reimagining of the characters for UT4. Thanks!

Comment

Is this thread still a thing? Maybe?

Comment

Goooooooooooooooodddddddd

Comment

Working...
                      X