• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
    Caliber
    Awesome !
    Gooba doing awesome art at the speed of light
    Now I have to find some good character ideas...

Comment

Gorge.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I tried to get that hardened criminal vibe going.

I'll see what I can do about the shock core... but FX are definitely not my strongest skill. ;D

Caliber is a cool idea, I'll get to that when I have the chance.
      Can you make a version with "extended armor" over head, like original from UC?

Comment

Daniel "Zaibot" Olaya has made some pretty nice ideas, maybe use them as inspiration. https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...acters-Designs
        The new UT is coming along nicely...
        Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Caliber

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
          Wow!! This looks very good.
          ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Two artworks that I really liked, but sadly nothing new from some time :

Shraznar's Xan and Liandri Angels :
            Woud be awesome to see them with a complete body. I think the Corrupts don't have to look as robotic as Caliber : the armor should cover the whole body like if it was an human body under it...
            Would be nice if the team was just made of Xan and four deadly angels, but I don't have much ideas for variants. They should have a sexy yet deadly look, not too scary I think, with clean yet combat-ready bodies...

Sumers Anubis artwork :
            Love his take of modern and more realistic egyptian character. But the helmet looks kinda small to fit an entire human head, and the holo-field seems too much. I like the chosen materials : black / brown leather, silver metal, golden/brown composite / kevlar plates and that white, bone-like material on the helmet. Other characters could wear an eagle mask, or show faces with some egyptian aesthetics : clean (altough some scars may be possible, lots of makeup, styled beards and hair...

Comment

As I feared, Unreal Tournament turns into Real Tournament. Gorge - this is an ordinary man in the exoskeleton? It turns out that every character in the game can become a Juggernaut? In principle, I do not care anymore.
              But there is something to add: Aberiu come and save this game! We need your characters and needed urgently!)))
              Gooba, if you offend those words ... Just imagine how these guys will run through the medieval castles and the Egyptian pyramids. Just imagine!
              If Epic are so eager to military style, then remove the maps from medieval castles and pyramids. Leave only the cold metal.
              Attached Files

Comment

Medieval castles and pyramids aren't real ?
                I bet these environments well get a more realistic look aswell...

Comment

Those are some great concepts gooba! I really like what you did with Gorge. Gorge was always a cartoon character, and you just made him real. Good job. I hope we get gorge in this UT.

I really liked the gen mo kai from UT2004. Can we get a concept for one of them?

Last edited by Neilz0r; 08-12-2015, 07:07 AM.
                  Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Caliber

danpaz3d, I wasn't sure how closely you wanted me to follow your drawing, but I deviated quite a bit in order to get all the back story elements in there. It's a pretty fine balance because there are so many different parts to incorporate, but I think it's working pretty well.

Gave him some beefy legs to make him seem more agile, ad you can see the nano-black tubes pumping into the torso and new phayder-corp arm. I also made the underlying security bot theme match the current liandri theme from outpost 23. Hopefully you can imagine this guy walking around as security bot in that facility, before he was turned I mean.

Probably could add more wear and tear, but I didn't want to mess him so bad that you can't see the forms.
                    This is looking great! Thanks for spending time on this.

Still not too sure about some parts such as the waist and feet/legs and the colors as well, probably needs more Phayder and less Liandri now.

I'll continue in my thread, iterating on colors and forms with some paintovers and see where it leads.

Thanks again, this has given me a huge kickstart to get working!
                    3d Artist
                    UT Cosmetic Items |
                    UT Cybernetic Build

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing fresh new characters here, such as Caliber, and new weapons. There's no expectations attached to them and brings completely new ideas to life.
                      Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Gooba models are fantastic!!! I always hated UT2004 for its ugly anime design and its characters. But Gooba made them look very good. I didnt expect Juggernaut look so natural to fit this game. GJ!

Comment

CaptainMigraine
                          I think that gen mo kai from UT2004 will look like this:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DutchHollander View Post
                            Weapon - Plasma Drill

This weapon is a mixup of the dispersion pistol and the impact hammer. It's a mining tool that works by blasting away rocks with a steam plasma. It has the potential for a lot of cool features, including a pressure tank, compressor, turbine, electrical transformer, spark generator and a lot of sparks, steam and noise. When used on organic targets, the hot steam, plasma and force conspire to cause horrible burns, tissue ablation and ruptured organs.

Firemodes would be weak torus of steam plasma, strong charged wave of steam plasma and moderately strong charged torus of steam plasma. All with pushback and rocket/hammer jump capabilities depending on their damage.

Some inspiration:

Principles

In action

Here's the wiki article about plasma drilling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_deep_drilling_technology

I imagine it would look like a rotary hammer had sex with a spud gun.

Rotary hammer

Spud gun

Here's a video of what the torus would look like:

A little less exiting, but still cool:

Some changes to the concept: Primary fire: vortex of air that pushes and does very little damage. Secondary fire is a charged melee-range steam plasma burst. Tertiary combines primary and secondary fire: pressing primary while charging secondary fires a plasma vortex instead of an air vortex, dealing coniderable damage, but not as much as the melee burst.

Refer to this thread.
                            Last edited by Zargøthrax; 08-12-2015, 09:30 AM.

Comment

this is a great concept!! +1 from me :>

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
                                As I feared, Unreal Tournament turns into Real Tournament. Gorge - this is an ordinary man in the exoskeleton? It turns out that every character in the game can become a Juggernaut? In principle, I do not care anymore.
                                But there is something to add: Aberiu come and save this game! We need your characters and needed urgently!)))
                                Gooba, if you offend those words ... Just imagine how these guys will run through the medieval castles and the Egyptian pyramids. Just imagine!
                                If Epic are so eager to military style, then remove the maps from medieval castles and pyramids. Leave only the cold metal.
                                Juggernauts back story is that they are geneboosted humans that wear armor. I don't see why this concept wouldn't fit in that style at all.
                                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
                                X