Idea to Concept Community Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"that they are geneboosted humans"

Why on art, this genetically modified man looks like a normal person? What is there genetically-modified? Or in the world Unreal Tournament normal wear exoskeleton with shoulder pads may only such people?

Oh my God. I finally understood why so characters look. Juggernauts like people. Skaarj like people. You want all the characters matched almost the same build, because of which will not have to make millions of caps, but only a thousand. On this Juggernaut perfect fit all the clothes, which painted for Thundercrush. Good plan, Epic. You do not have to draw on each character's individual hats. The same glasses are ideal for Skaarj and Juggernaut. And even for the robot. No more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
      Oh my God. I finally understood why so characters look. Juggernauts like people. Skaarj like people. You want all the characters matched almost the same build, because of which will not have to make millions of caps, but only a thousand. On this Juggernaut perfect fit all the clothes, which painted for Thundercrush. Good plan, Epic. You do not have to draw on each character's individual hats. The same glasses are ideal for Skaarj and Juggernaut. And even for the robot. No more questions.
      Tarydium can't melt plasteel beams!

Comment

genetic modification doesn't automatically make you look different. do you realize how many genes there are in the body and how many different things they control?

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Why then we need a team of Juggernauts? This Gorge - an ordinary man in the exoskeleton. What this could be interesting? Why are Epic doing Unreal Tournament so boring? Maybe you want to attract players from Call of Duty? Maybe Titanfall ( yeah, this game is empty ). Still another advantage is. This Gorge is more compact than Lauren from UT 3))) I'm glad you did not go in style GoW.
          Last edited by Raixs; 08-12-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Most of the competitors in the tournament are enhanced or taking some kind of drugs anyway. Malcom, the bot persona that for some reason was selected to be the main face of the cast, is described as being a chemical monster. 'Geneboosting' is basically meaningless as a concept and never before resulted in or implied any physical differences in actual body structure. (Only difference in Juggernauts was the armor, which made them look like fat midgets.)
            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
              genetic modification doesn't automatically make you look different. do you realize how many genes there are in the body and how many different things they control?
              Well, strength doesn't have to come from bigger muscles per-se. More fast-twitch muscles (sprinter vs marathon runner), combined with enhanced motor nerves could have a dramatic impact on a person's strength. Dennis Rogers isn't that big a guy, certainly not as big as Gooba's Gorge concept. That guy is massive btw, wtf are you guys talking about? He might be bigger than Bane in Nolan's latest Batman film. Bane originally was much bulkier too. Didn't make him any less badass. Back to Dennis: he can bend wrenches and frying pans with his bare hands and looks like your middle-aged neighbour. Imagine someone with the build of Gooba's concept having that kind of power enhanced further. Maybe a tougher skin, so he doesn't need armor. Denser bones, so he doesn't snap them with his own muscles and also for added injury protection.
              Last edited by Zargøthrax; 08-12-2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

That's basically what I'm saying. Strength doesn't automatically mean huge muscle. Look at expert martial artists, or even farmers from the Tibetan mountains.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

So AMAZING ART!

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
                    It turns out that every character in the game can become a Juggernaut?
                    Well there's a good idea: Juggernaut exoskeleton as a cosmetic item set.

Lauren the Juggernaut, anyone?
                    Last edited by Dementiurge; 08-12-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I shooped him alongside the new Thundercrash concepts. He's definately bigger than those guys.

Attached Files

Comment

Gorge & Caliber

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
                        Both awesome characters I must say Wow Gooba !

Te only thing that I feel weird is the absence of good looking feet on Caliber. Beside that, awesome & both fit's very well with the game
                        Stevie's corner
                        My UT4 levels
                        Links : UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
                          Both awesome characters I must say Wow Gooba !

Te only thing that I feel weird is the absence of good looking feet on Caliber. Beside that, awesome & both fit's very well with the game
                          Agreed on both the first point and second point.
                          Unreal Carnage.com UT4 Maps: DM-Maelstrom DM-SpaceNoxx

Comment

Not by much, though. IMO he should be about as big as a professional bodybuilder.
                            The new UT is coming along nicely...
                            Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Well, I hope that this concept will gain the same model. This Gorge - a giant step forward. In addition, it is more appropriate for the term "futuristic" and "Unreal".
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DutchHollander View Post
                                I shooped him alongside the new Thundercrash concepts. He's definately bigger than those guys.

This looks awesome. I really like how the individual character comes through in each of these guys.

I agree with whoever said something about the small feet on Caliber. Other than that, I think he's really good as well.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

Working...
                                X