No announcement yet.

Idea to Concept Community Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well on these arts the Thundercrash guys have super thin feet and ankles too...
    Last edited by toninus; 08-13-2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Well, I'm not a fan of tiny feet (feel like combat boots should have some tread to them) but am especially not a fan of ultra tiny robot feet.

Rick Kohler

rick.kohler@epicgames.com

Comment

This robot has tiny feets...

Comment

Originally posted by toninus View Post
          Well on these arts the Thundercrash guys have super thin feet and ankles too...
          Their armour looks too much like body paint if you ask me, I get they are going for form fitting but Ive worked forming plastics and that stuff cant be more than a few mm thick, you need atleast 6mm polycarb to realistically be protected by some amount. I know this is the future but Carbon Fibre is extremely brittle once it reaches breaking point and even 4mm is cutting it close for any real strength, I just feel as though they could have some extra armour or their current armour could be atleast acouple more mm thicker, nothing drastic but enough to make a difference.
          Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Someone suggested on another forum that the design for Gorge (particularly the exoskeleton) would be more fitting for one of the members on the Raw Steel team. Personally, I'm happy with the design as a Gorge design, but it's something to consider.

Anyways, I had an idea for one of the UT99 characters.

Name: Farham
            Faction: Dark Phalanx
            Age: At least 75? (I don't know, he looks pretty young in UT99, but according to the canon, that seems to be his age)
            Personality: Sincere and well-respected war veteran

Background: He's supposedly a well-respected veteran of the Human-Skaarj, likely because of how he alone caused the destruction of a Skaarj mothership during the 7 Day Siege (This is based off of his bio in the first game). The (made up and non-canon, as of right now) reason why he looks so young despite being a veteran in a war that ended nearly 75 years ago is because he was rewarded with eternal life or at least a longer lifespan, which is something that's very rarely given out, for his contributions to the war. He fights in the tournament for fun, I guess. People would likely get hyped about him being in the tournament due to his already existing popularity.

Appearance (Face): Has signs of old age (e.g. greying hair), but yet rather young and healthy looking, kinda like Anderson Cooper. This could be related to his expanded lifespan.
            Appearance (Armor): A mix of the Dark Phalanx armor and various police aspects like riot armor, or maybe just police-inspired armor in general.

According to Google, "phalanx" means a body of troops or police officers, so that's kinda why I had the police theme in mind even though the guys that came up with the name of Dark Phalanx probably made the Roman kind of phalanx in mind instead.

Inspirations:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
            This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
            Last edited by Skerion; 08-15-2015, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Did this one during lunch today for Quotidian ... Hopefully it can give you some clothing ideas and stuff!

Cheers!

Buckets

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
              Last edited by Gooba; 08-14-2015, 03:14 PM.
              Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

That's pretty impressive. Some changes might help, but I can't really imagine what else you could do with a concept like that besides something that would destroy the point of the character.

Also, do you make these concepts for most of each day or just whenever you have freetime. I can't imagine that making decent-looking concepts based off of ideas would be something that you'd want to spend most of your days on regardless of you passion for art.
                Last edited by Skerion; 08-14-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

haha, that's cool. Thanks a lot! Really like the interplay between the silhouette and the diagonal/angular "decals." He looks waaaay more obese than mine though

Comment

I work 8 hrs each day on UT projects for Epic, like the RL skins I just posted, and the stuff in this thread is from anytime I have after that. But I have to squeeze it in between dm-sand progress, art practice, 3D modelling practice and a bunch of other junk I really should spend more time on.

haha, that's cool. Thanks a lot! Really like the interplay between the silhouette and the diagonal/angular "decals." He looks waaaay more obese than mine though
                    Yeah, he ended up being much heavier and a big younger looking too, but I didn't worry too much since it was mostly about the clothing/style ideas.
                    Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

Also, I forgot to ask: Is it okay if we post reference pictures along with our ideas? I saw DutchHollander do it, so I decided to go along with it. I hope it's not asking for too much.

Comment

Buckets looks great! During a lunch break? Talk about fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
                          Did this one during lunch today for Quotidian ... Hopefully it can give you some clothing ideas and stuff!

Cheers!

Buckets

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                          He looks like WoW gamer.

Comment

I like Buckets, suits my terrible aim haha. Great job !
                            RASTE IN PEACE !
                            Maps: DM-Hydraulics | DM-Affliction
                            Weapon: Redeemer

Comment

Hey Gooba, you mist mine https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post183376
                              Or do you need a rough sketch first?
                              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
                                Hey Gooba, you mist mine https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post183376
                                Or do you need a rough sketch first?
                                I think it is better to understand this as a request that might be fulfilled if someone [Gooba] has time and desire to illustrate your concept, not that it will be done.
                                Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Working...
                                X