Idea to Concept Community Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wail View Post
    I think it is better to understand this as a request that might be fulfilled if someone [Gooba] has time and desire to illustrate your concept, not that it will be done.

I know, I know ...I was just teasing.
    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

I would also like to see you update the Gen' Mo Kai with a better concept too Gooba. They seem to be the next best faction that doesn't already have a really good concept. I know you made that previous one but you could do a better one that brings them more up to date.

I always envisioned their armor being organic but at the same time high-tech so you can probably experiment with some cool ideas. Damarus is definitely the best one to use.

Comment

Also, I forgot to ask: Is it okay if we post reference pictures along with our ideas? I saw DutchHollander do it, so I decided to go along with it. I hope it's not asking for too much.
        Yep reference is very helpful, anything to convey your idea as clearly as possible will help a lot.

Hey Gooba, you mist mine https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...l=1#post183376
        Or do you need a rough sketch first?
        Don't worry, I didn't miss it. It's just a more demanding concept than Quotidians (will take more time) as in, it will take me more than a lunch break and I wanted to give it the time it deserves.

The same goes for most of the suggestions... more complicated = more time required. For your character, I will have to come up with a specific visual direction, make the sure the backstory comes through, try to hit a certain attitude, make it look cool, etc... which all take time... but with Buckets I was just recreating what he already had with more detail/style ideas.

Of course I'm not saying any of this negatively, I'm just trying to let you guys in on the process so you know why certain projects may take longer than others.

I would also like to see you update the Gen' Mo Kai with a better concept too Gooba. They seem to be the next best faction that doesn't already have a really good concept. I know you made that previous one but you could do a better one that brings them more up to date.

I always envisioned their armor being organic but at the same time high-tech so you can probably experiment with some cool ideas. Damarus is definitely the best one to use.
        I may or may not already be working on this... but I don't want to hype it, cause you guys probably won't like it.

My idea is basically what you wrote, super high end tech in an organic packaging. I think it's pretty cool so far. As soon as I have something to show, I'll post it.
        Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

I want to mention that I really like the backdrops you make for your character concepts.

Comment

Yeah the backdrop makes me think it's 'backstage' photo op for the press, which is cool

Comment

Imagine going up against a clan with these models/skin. NWA OG looking. Model away

Attached Files
              Join the community Facebook page
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unreal-Tournament-4-Community/302380673298678

Comment

My take on a Gen Mo'kai Assassin.

I wanted to develop an armor type that was very different from the standard metal/rubber padding, and give it a lightweight feeling since they are suppose to be more agile than humans. I thought it might be cool to combine very tribal elements with high sci-fi elements. My idea was this kind've forcefield armor that is linked to and powered by the bone armor. These bones could be carved from the remains of previous victims and carry special meaning to the wearer. This would give a lot of sweet possibilities for armor and still allow for metal/leather to be included.

Merka

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Without armor.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

I love me some Goobas man.

Comment

Originally posted by cafe View Post
                    I love me some Goobas man.

I'm so glad someone posted this video.

Comment

Awesome Gooba. I like how you made them stand more upright and tweaked the proportions but not too much.

My only critique would be I think they should look even more aggressive and ****** off. Purple probably doesn't help too much with that cause you kind of do not associate purple with viciousness.
                      Last edited by ness 710; 08-18-2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
                        When I scrolled up from the bottom of the page and first saw the second pic, even not knowing what it was supposed to be or who made it, it immediately felt like Gen Mo'Kai. The double-knees are instantly recognizable and the facial structure seals the deal. The armor with the forcefields is even a fantastic homage to the materials used in the Tokara Forest meshset, which is a really nice touch.

You get a high five. And a free flappy bit for that hanging loincloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post

I wanted to develop an armor type that was very different from the standard metal/rubber padding, and give it a lightweight feeling since they are suppose to be more agile than humans. I thought it might be cool to combine very tribal elements with high sci-fi elements. My idea was this kind've forcefield armor that is linked to and powered by the bone armor. These bones could be carved from the remains of previous victims and carry special meaning to the wearer. This would give a lot of sweet possibilities for armor and still allow for metal/leather to be included.

Merka

Without armor.

Wow, those are amazing. Great work! Hope to see the gen mo kai in UT BTW, the first one looks like Freeza from Dragon Ball Z. lol
                          Contact me: (Steam: Neillithan) (E-mail: neilvmoore@gmail.com)

Comment

Good job, Gooba. Love the GMK and this is a perfect concept for a new version.
                            HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                            BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Really great Gen Mo'kai concept! I hope it makes it to the game or sets the general guidelines for that species. Those colored armor besides looking "tasty" also balances out their visual clarity a bit so they are more visible.

Comment

I was never a big fan of Gen Mo'kai, but Merka looks fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                                X