No announcement yet.

Idea to Concept Community Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple parts look a bit toy-ish, but otherwise she's looking cool !
    Dreads also may look a bit too much skaarj...

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
      My take on a Gen Mo'kai Assassin.
      Amazing. Looks very beautiful!

Comment

Gen Mo'kai appeared in UT 2003/2004. Epic hates UT 2003/2004. From this we can conclude that the new UT will not them. As well as Nightmares and many other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
          Gen Mo'kai appeared in UT 2003/2004. Epic hates UT 2003/2004. From this we can conclude that the new UT will not them. As well as Nightmares and many other teams.
          What a ridiculous statement.

Comment

Again, I forgot all about his promise to ignore such things. Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
              My take on a Gen Mo'kai Assassin.

I wanted to develop an armor type that was very different from the standard metal/rubber padding, and give it a lightweight feeling since they are suppose to be more agile than humans. I thought it might be cool to combine very tribal elements with high sci-fi elements. My idea was this kind've forcefield armor that is linked to and powered by the bone armor. These bones could be carved from the remains of previous victims and carry special meaning to the wearer. This would give a lot of sweet possibilities for armor and still allow for metal/leather to be included.
              And now we need the Warhammer mask back and then I have my favourite player character.
              (I don't know what his name was ...sry)
              ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

That's a sweet concept Gooba!
                I was hoping you'd pick this up again, might give it a shot when I have some time.

Do you think you could make a quick mockup of the back of the head?
                Last edited by Slaught; 08-19-2015, 12:45 PM.
                Current Projects
                Custom Thunder Crash Skins - WIP/Download
                Custom Necris Skin - Alanna - WIP

Comment

I'd love to see your take on the more punky 80s style. Big hair, bright colours etc. Similar to the 2k4 Hellions but a touch less mad max, more cybergoth.

Comment

Alright, this is probably going to be a sucky idea, but I'm going to try to wing it. It's going to be a Nali contestant.

Name: Chaeden
                    Faction: N/A, at least as of right now
                    Personality: Lone nali outcast
                    Body Type: Reasonably thin and athletic
                    Backstory: Basically, he's one of those Nali people who aren't so peaceful and such. He's managed to break free from enslavement and successfully kill off a lot of Skaarjs in rebellion and sometimes self-defense during his time in Na Pali. The Liandri Corporation somehow took notice of this and felt that it would be interesting to have a Nali who knows more how to fight than the rest of his kind in the tournament, so they brought him in. He decided to go with it, I guess.
                    Armor: Basic survival armor, with some leather straps and other basic materials. Something you'd properly expect a Nali warrior in the tournament to wear unless he/she was sponsored or something.
                    References:
                    This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full versionThis Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I mean, if you just made a generic Nali guy with basic armor on as a base, that would be just fine. We could always do some paintovers on that to try and explore different looks and such. I feel that I'm kind of a terrible writer anyway, so I think we should leave coming up with the backstory for someone who actually knows how to write a good backstory.

Comment

Got a bit carried away with the futuristic cyber-biker idea.

These two are supposed to be part of the same crew. My vague backstory idea, was that the crew messed up a job pretty bad for one of the crime bosses in the city and now they owe him a lot of money. So they entered the tournament to win enough money to pay him back.

Brisco is kinda the quiet, experienced leader, while IV just likes to smash stuff.

Number Four A.K.A IV

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Brisco

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                      Last edited by Gooba; 08-22-2015, 11:28 PM.
                      Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

Yesssssss, I love it! Brisco has that modern hipster flavor too awesome work as usual Mr Gooba!

Edit: HEY MALCOLM; POWERSLAM!
                        Last edited by NATO_chrisjm; 08-23-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Oooooo they look awesome! A team of these guys would be cooler than any Hellion reimagined

Comment

A+ cyberpunk vibe there. Love it.
                            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Originally posted by mastrok View Post
                              Oooooo they look awesome! A team of these guys would be cooler than any Hellion reimagined
                              Yeah, I would figure that the cyberpunk style would make a great replacement for the style that 2004 Hellions have now.

Anyways, Gooba, I noticed that a lot of your concepts have what looks like photographs cut and edited together along with some other paintovers. If that is indeed what you used, do you get these photographs from anywhere particular or do you just find them randomly on the internet or on Google Images?
                              Last edited by Skerion; 08-23-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

As a side note, those hover bikes would be an awesome addition to an assault/vehicle game type. Perhaps on a match recreating the big job these guys botched up?

Comment

Working...
                                X