Idea to Concept Community Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
    Got a bit carried away with the futuristic cyber-biker idea.

These two are supposed to be part of the same crew. My vague backstory idea, was that the crew messed up a job pretty bad for one of the crime bosses in the city and now they owe him a lot of money. So they entered the tournament to win enough money to pay him back.

Brisco is kinda the quiet, experienced leader, while IV just likes to smash stuff.

Number Four A.K.A IV

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Brisco

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    That really reminds me of an old Acclaim game called Forsaken. I like it!

Last edited by Zargøthrax; 08-24-2015, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Hey ! Just here to show an old Aberiu's concept art of Syzygy. Can you Re-make it with more Gooba-style ? And to give him a regain of interest ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	syzygy_by_aberiu-d7pf2uw.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	751.4 KB
ID:	339601

Comment

What's wrong with Aberiu's concept?

It's not very nice to say one concept should be revised by another artist just because you think it's boring, especially when there is no reason why you can't ask Aberiu directly.
        If Aberiu himself would ask Gooba to take a shot and "optimize" it... this would be another case.
        ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

I don't mind other people butchering my work tho Just saying.
          ʕ ´ ل͜ ´ ʔ

Comment

It's an awesome concept by Aberiu ! And he did it a loonnnng time ago and everyone forget it... not me ! So stay cool papercoffee

Aberiu made a speed art, and he is very busy and i don't think he want to draw it again. Gooba could have some fresh ideas and improvment on it BTW : Amazing concept Aberiu, one of my favorite on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzi View Post
              Aberiu made a speed art, and he is very busy and i don't think he want to draw it again. Gooba could have some fresh ideas and improvment on it BTW : Amazing concept Aberiu, one of my favorite on this forum
              I think its one of the best versions of the Automatons Ive seen, I think it really does well to update them but keep the spirit of the original models. I like how the silhouette closely resembles the original too, I think this really sets this model apart from others giving it personality. The way I see it with cosmetics is people can support their characters with updates, a model of Syzygy could end up being all the Automatons parts eventually, seems like a big job but with everyone pitching in
              Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Comment

Hey ! Just here to show an old Aberiu's concept art of Syzygy. Can you Re-make it with more Gooba-style ? And to give him a regain of interest ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19236[/ATTACH]
                Love the Muv-Luv vibe :P
                "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                - RenegadeRetard

Comment

No, it is not necessary to transfer their concepts of other artists. I like that Aberiu has managed to preserve the original style of the characters, while making them very futuristic.
                  If Epic wants to make the characters in the style Call of Duty in future, then so be it. Aberiu makes the characters in the style of Unreal Tournament.
                  And this is very right.

New characters from Gooba look very strange. The style is very highly went to the cyberpunk and realism. I never thought that Unreal Tournament - a cyberpunk. I love cyberpunk, but the game is not suitable.
                  Although, I begin to understand the idea Epic. They need to bring a lot of newcomers to the game, so they do not use the achievements of the old parts UT.

That is, they do restart, so a new game called simply - Unreal Tournament.
                  Last edited by Mad IVIax; 08-27-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

It's an awesome concept by Aberiu ! And he did it a loonnnng time ago and everyone forget it... not me ! So stay cool papercoffee

I was in a grumpy mood and maybe because I'm a cartoonist, I was a little bit biased towards cartoon like artworks.
                    I like how great Aberiu's line-work on this concept and punctuates the character.

...soooo, never mind.
                    ,,|,.............................................................................................coffee addicted !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad IVIax View Post
                      New characters from Gooba look very strange. The style is very highly went to the cyberpunk and realism. I never thought that Unreal Tournament - a cyberpunk. I love cyberpunk, but the game is not suitable.
                      Although, I begin to understand the idea Epic. They need to bring a lot of newcomers to the game, so they do not use the achievements of the old parts UT.
                      Unreal Tournament has always had a cyberpunk vibe to it.

Here is the Liandri building seen in the introduction to Unreal Tournament. (Hard to see the building itself as it's near black in this screenshot, but it is pyramidal in shape.)

Here is the Tyrell building seen in the film Blade Runner. The building is modeled after a South American pyramid.

Most of the general cityscape features are echoing cyberpunk styles. Take a look in the original Unreal at Cidom, Condemned, Crane, Morpheus, Stalwart. You've got strongly saturated lighting, broken down urban areas contrasted by ultra high corporate towers, flying cars. This is even more noticeable if you look at UT3 city environments.

People are augmented with cybernetic parts, authority structures are amoral and out for profit only. Basically all of the major stylistic elements of cyberpunk right there. I agree that's not the totality of Unreal, but it's a pretty fair description of a big part of the universe.
                      Attached Files
                      Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

Hey Gooba we would love to see a new take on Egyptians to go with your DM-Sand map if you ever get time.

Comment

I can totally see these kinds of robot design using the already existing "human profile" all characters seems to be using but make it into a robot, would be fitting into this game:

Comment

It may have to be less complex, there's tons of individual parts there. It would pretty much be close to a UT99 HD update though, since those war machines are similar to Terminator style, with some armour plates with huge holes/windows/damage in it to show off the internal machinery.
                            Character Sketch

Former IGN: Omega Lord

"Well fans here we are for another edition of the bloodiest sport in the Galaxy. A Tournament where the winners become gods and the losers pay the ultimate price!" - UT Announcer

Comment

Scavenger One

Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

That is awesome. I love the bulkiness to him and it's a great nod to that old ut99 model overall. Awesome awesome awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X