My next logo concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Oh, that's it? I noticed that, but I thought there was something else as well Yea, the curvyness getting fixed is very nice.
    Technically yes, I did change more than the bottom left, subtle changes though, particularly in the top right.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

If there's going to be a Ripper in this game, those U's are what it should shoot.
      Snir "DDRRE" Hassidim - Living and breathing UT since 2002!
      "When Video Games and the Enterprise Meet" - Read my chronicles of building a gamers club at my workplace.
      Facebook | LinkedIn

Comment

Wtf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6615[/ATTACH]

Comment

Um... doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by XxEXUSXX View Post
            Wtf

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6615[/ATTACH]
            This made my evening (or rather night).

Paranoia-antivir-program pretty much.

Didn't comment here since a while I noticed, so I guess I should give feedback now:
            First of all, I really like where you're taking the U logo. A mix of U and T was often experimented with, but I think your lastest rendition of this really is on something. It got a good harmony in its design, but I'm not feeling the colours there, making the T and the circle blue feels a bit off.
            Have you thought about putting the T into the background? I would suggest it as it could be worth a try. Just make it basically an invisible part and add a translucent background to the circle.
            About the current Unreal font, I'm not feeling it - unfortunately. The U logo is absolutely fine, so is the Tournament, but I don't like the capital letters all over the Unreal text, it somehow takes away the attention from the U in it (and eventually also the L which both were capital before and framed the letters in between) as everything is bold and gives an "in your face" feeling. It is just "too intense" and too aggressive without having overly aggressive shapes. I think your concept #11b was by far the best one of those that you have listed in your first post and I would really like to see you give it a retake or make a new variation of it. The mix of blades and edgy was quite interesting and I liked the symmetry of e and a (just rotated by 180°).
            It was a good start and I feel like it has a lot of potential that could be taken to a whole new level there.
            I liked your two wallpapers with the full logo too, really high quality work you did there with a heck-load of Unreal-feel due to that pretty space scenery, but since I don't like the Unreal font in the logo it was (unfortunately) to some extent ruined for me. Would be cool if you could make one with just the (UT)-U logo (the triple-blade one is cool too though, a good retake of the original U-logo), that (UT)-U logo is probably among my favourites by now.
            I admit, that I like the logos with more resemblance to the older logos more as I think it should be a continuation of the older works and I think that you might have steered too far away with the Unreal there so it is a big jump from the last logo (UT3) to what you currently have there.

What I really like though is your out-of-the-box thinking on the logos. Crotale is currently exploring things closer to the original logo, you're taking it further away and try to give it the Unreal vibe.
            Both of you have their own unique styles and I'm really curious to see who will "win the race". And now, produce moooooooooooooore!
            Continue your logo-spree.
            Last edited by Sly.; 08-08-2014, 07:37 PM. Reason: fixed some stuff for more clarity
            S l y .

Comment

I like the aggressiveness you added. That's what I was talking about, good job!

Comment

My avast sees something on Henrik's site as a threat too.
                Stacey Conley
                -----------------------------
                Unreal Tournament Community Manager
                Epic Games, Inc.
                Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

That's strange. What are the details on yours, Flak?

Comment

Well, we can't call you "Bugfree Bersy" any more. Wait, what?
                    Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Oddly enough, for testing purposes I showed the exact same graphic (the red banner wallpaper, same link as on the screenshot) and my Avira said and did nothing. Maybe it's because I'm using Firefox with adblock, flashblock and co and not Chrome or IE.
                      S l y .

Comment

I'm using FF with Adblock and Avast and I see no threat.
                        Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

*scratches head*

Comment

Avast seems to block it in time at least, so maybe someone with courage, FF and Avast (disable Adblock before visiting the site) should visit it to check and see if it makes a difference without Adblock.
                            S l y .

Comment

Oh brother. Surely it's a false positive anyway, whether it is being detected or not.

Comment

That's... interesting. I don't have an anti-virus (you don't need those on Linux), but that image for some reason tries redirecting to http://stats-googlestatistics.com/ch...152291cd0d5039 (which, according to Firefox, doesn't actually exist). Weird.
                                Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                                My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Working...
                                X