Some logo ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some logo ideas

I've been checking some of the logo concepts in this forum and I got inspired to work on some of my own. I may add some more later. Comments and criticism all welcome.

Last edited by Broodix; 06-24-2014, 05:24 PM.

The circle-U looks too deformed in my opinion. Too hard to recognise it as a "U" to begin with.
    As for the Unreal Tournament text, "Unreal" lacks the stylisation that's been there ever since Unreal I.
    Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
    My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

I agree with GE. The one element that I do like a lot is the slanted oval around the U emblem. I had a similar oval on my latest design but never posted it.
      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Yea, the slanted oval is a neat nod to UT2.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
          The circle-U looks too deformed in my opinion. Too hard to recognise it as a "U" to begin with.
          As for the Unreal Tournament text, "Unreal" lacks the stylisation that's been there ever since Unreal I.
          Do you think it's the circle around the U that makes it hard to recognize, or is it the U itself?

As for the 'Unreal' part, I was going for a more cleaner look on the text, but I see what you mean. I'll mess with the type a bit.

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by Broodix View Post
            Do you think it's the circle around the U that makes it hard to recognize, or is it the U itself?
            The U itself. The circle looks fine.

Comment

Some updated work. Made 'Unreal' stylized. It's a modified version of the original UT99 logo, but without spikes and it's more rounded. The U has been reworked as well.

A little mockup.
              Last edited by Broodix; 06-23-2014, 02:28 AM.

Comment

I really like the Unreal font in your last post, but not the U. What is that hole for in the upper left part of the U? Is there a hidden meaning?
                Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                  I really like the Unreal font in your last post, but not the U. What is that hole for in the upper left part of the U? Is there a hidden meaning?
                  You mean on the oval? It's just some glare.

Last edited by Broodix; 06-23-2014, 01:33 AM.

Comment

No, the other side. It looks like something bit away a chunk of the U.

Comment

Hmm, no idea. Must be the way the 'blade' curves makes it look like there's a missing chunk.

Here's another couple of versions of the U. Made the blade more subdued on the F one. Also the Unreal font with the new U's, and a circle and oval versions.

Comment

I really like H in your last post alot!!!

Comment

I just realized this is the original font except that you merely removed the spikes from the L and made you own U. I thought you had done something different.

Comment

E is somewhere close to being an actual "U", but it still feels imbalanced. Maybe it's the right side of the U being shorter than the left side...

Comment

Originally posted by Bah_Mee View Post
                              I really like H in your last post alot!!!
                              Thanks!

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                              I just realized this is the original font except that you merely removed the spikes from the L and made you own U. I thought you had done something different.
                              As I mentioned earlier, it is a modified version of the original. I removed the spikes but I also tweaked the curves to round it up a bit. It's hard to tell unless they're side by side.

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                              E is somewhere close to being an actual "U", but it still feels imbalanced. Maybe it's the right side of the U being shorter than the left side...
                              I see what you mean. It should be easy to tweak.

EDIT: Tweaked U's.

Edit: Another mockup.

Last edited by Broodix; 06-23-2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X