Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work and congratulations, Henrik! Thanks so much for sharing the logo, wallpapers and .PSD files as well. These will be great for augmenting/adding to stream overlays. Congrats again!
    Former CEVO-TV CS:GO Commentator (CEVO)
    Owned Well Co-Founder/Commentator
    Major League Unreal Tournament Co-Founder
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

I am in love with 'retro' one. New logo looking very dynamic, just I hope red color won't be the main one. Or no main colors at all. The logo color can be also dynamic. Superb work!

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
        Last one for the night....
        Red team pendant version too please?
        Got a two-screen setup and I wanna do red vs. blue there

Comment

i like the final 'U', can you do some of the symbol alone

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
            Yisssssssssss
            *looks at that emboss*
            *remembers Steve's comment about Kai's Power Tools*

Comment

Anyone cares to add beveling lines in Illustrator, Inkscape or whatever, and then export them both to a 3D modelling software to make a 3D version of the logo?
              I've already tried doing this on Inkscape and Max.
              The new UT is coming along nicely...
              Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Got a new one for you guys today... this is remade completely from the ground up in Maya + Photoshop:

Last edited by HenrikRyosa; 10-03-2014, 01:56 AM.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Looks brilliant. How about you render it again, in Mental Ray?
                  And I think you should also just make a generic 3D version of the logo, like the faux-3d embossed version in the asteroid wallpaper? I think it'd be great for in-game use (for menus and the like).
                  Last edited by iLikeTheUDK; 10-03-2014, 03:54 AM.
                  The new UT is coming along nicely...
                  Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Henrik do you have a variant with a single U? I have a feeling the ring should change a bit in that case.
                    UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
                    ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                      Looks brilliant. How about you render it again, in Mental Ray?
                      I'd have to mess around with MR first, and I could use convincing that it would be worth the time for this sort of image. This is the first time in a while I've rendered anything out of Maya, and then post work was done over that, so that would be pretty much undoing half a night of work.

Comment

Originally posted by RushPL View Post
                        Henrik do you have a variant with a single U? I have a feeling the ring should change a bit in that case.
                        You mean that last wp with only the U emblem? No I don't have that yet. It's on the agenda, after I get some sleep.

Comment

Can't wait to see it, get a good sleep man.
                          UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
                          ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

Comment

Interesting. One thing I think is worth experimenting on is the circle's presentation, as it's sort of the gimmick of the logo. For instance, have the wide part be lit up and the narrow part be dim. Or some other lighting effects. Light is awesome
                            Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
                            My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

My criticism of the logo is that it should have something in the top right corner like the number 4 for ut4.

Comment

Updated OP with an official wallpaper from Epic.

Comment

Working...
                                X