X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just another fan made wallpaper made by me
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DarkHell; 10-03-2014, 05:16 PM.
    Admin @JoinTheForce Online Gaming Community
    Playing UT Since 99

- CTF-W00T - CTF-Tourney - DM-BioLab - CTF-WickedX - CTF-TwinTombs - My entire map list

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
      Got a new one for you guys today... this is remade completely from the ground up in Maya + Photoshop:
      I really like the new logo, but I'm not a big fan of the red and blue versions. This one looks very good, love it!

Comment

New emblem presentation (still need to run it by Chris):

Icon size:

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

New emblem presentation (still need to run it by Chris):

Icon size:

This looks like it's MADE for chisel beveling. Draw some bevel lines over it, export that to Maya or another 3D software, and create a U-Loft.
          The new UT is coming along nicely...
          Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

As i told in IRC, think the two gray colors look really easy/nice for the eye, and give it an overall nice look, yet the red with it slight gradient gives it a powerful look. Personally i think that looks awesome. Maybe it is just me, but could it look better,if the light grey would be a tiny bit brighter?
            OS: Arch Linux / Kernel: 4.0.5-1 / Graphics: Nvidia 352.09-1 / Audio: Alsa 1.0.29-1

Comment

Emblem added to OP in SVG vector format: http://ut2341.com/finalemblem.svg

Comment

Icon size:

The color scheme reminds me of Diet Coke. You weren't drinking it while making the icon, were you?

Comment

Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
                  The color scheme reminds me of Diet Coke. You weren't drinking it while making the icon, were you?
                  I don't drink artificially sweetened swill :P

Comment

The white stroke around the U cuts the T in half and makes an awkward tangent. I think it should either be flat across or pulled in so it doesn't cut the T off?

Also, the different stroke weights are kinda strange. Is the small stroke line even needed since it disappears at reduced size?

Keep up the good work!
                    Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

Iconized the emblem to work better on smaller resolutions and different backgrounds: http://dragon.rushbase.net/~rush/icon.html
                      UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
                      ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

Comment

Henrik's new UT Emblem inspired me to try out some alternate color-schemes for it, I've attached my favorite ones on this post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UTemblem3mac2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	330759

Name:	UTemblem3macgrey.jpg
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	330760

Name:	UTemblem3retro.jpg
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	330761

You can see all of them in THIS imgur album (one is purely for fun, you can probably guess which one), and I plan on making transparent versions of these later if anyone wants them for anything.

Let me know what any of you think of my little experiment here!

Comment

Originally posted by MacD11 View Post
                          Henrik's new UT Emblem inspired me to try out some alternate color-schemes for it, I've attached my favorite ones on this post.

Let me know what any of you think of my little experiment here!
                          Congrats some of those are neat. I like the Blue on grey and orange on grey myself. I could see different countries using the emblem in their own colors, like the bottom one with yellow on blue is perfect for sweden of course.

Comment

Congrats some of those are neat. I like the Blue on grey and orange on grey myself. I could see different countries using the emblem in their own colors, like the bottom one with yellow on blue is perfect for sweden of course.
                            Thanks! Yeah that could probably work out well, I had UT99 in mind while making that emblem, though. Still sounds like a neat idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Gooba View Post
                              The white stroke around the U cuts the T in half and makes an awkward tangent. I think it should either be flat across or pulled in so it doesn't cut the T off?

Also, the different stroke weights are kinda strange. Is the small stroke line even needed since it disappears at reduced size?

Keep up the good work!
                              The answer in regard to the "T" is simple, the T is not an important feature... at least imo. Making a straight line across was actually more disturbing because it drew attention to a broken T and away from the U shape.

The thinner line does have a purpose, it helps keep the sections distinct at most sizes.

Comment

Here's my first contribution using the new logo. I was smart enough to backup my data.

Yeah, it's ugly but all I can do for now with this old clunker.
                                Last edited by Crotale; 10-04-2014, 08:27 AM.
                                Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Working...
                                X