Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice, but wow that is some intense color. how would you feel about it with saturation down -30? (tried it on my end)

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I turned it down by -20. How is it now?
      Last edited by Crotale; 10-04-2014, 08:26 AM.
      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

@HenrikRyosa, man - I'm loving I'm loving I'm loving - did I say it yet? I'M LOVING YOUR LOGO THAT MUCH!!!

Really great stylish logo, nice colors and asymmetrical circling (*well, not sure if I called it right, but I think you got the point) - SUPERB! Loving works of the others, too, but yours are the best for me!

I missed some news here for a while - has your logo been considered 'official' logo? If so, congrats!
        *And to clarify some things - I know the thread is called 'New official logo download & wallpapers', but I looked up at the OP and there were also works from @JustAnotherGuy, so I thought it wouldn't be a bad thing if I ask about it here. ;D
        Last edited by polyneutron; 10-25-2015, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
          Got a new one for you guys today... this is remade completely from the ground up in Maya + Photoshop:

this is Old style, cool !

Crotale, sorry, your Style it is an bit unduly / unreasonably .. because we want create an Unreal Style
          and not an comic one or like i can say.. over sized Art of Unrealed Tournament XXXX(or something)
          but maybe on Henrik's Pictures 2 shooting holes, want maybe not so bad.. give the specially kick *g*

or 3 holes with bulled, and one with lacer, you know, an really round hole with deposits all around :
          Click image for larger version

Name:	UT2014_Classic2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	330764

i have play around an bit

maybe can a flying blade stuck in it ?

and the emblem, maby not sooo flat

Name:	UTemblem3-2.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	330765

the gold, maybe as the following on the first UT99
          .. Boody, metal and Gold

and maby more hot ? :

Name:	UTemblem3-3.jpg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	330766

humm.. 20 min for comes my Dad for go drink an beer in an pub (me 44, my dad, don't ask *g*), sol letz play further ..around ..

Name:	UT2014_Classic2-3.jpg
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	330767
          and with more live/heat

Name:	UT2014_Classic2-3-1.jpg
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	330768

i hope you like it

best regards
          blacky
          Last edited by Blackcrack; 10-04-2014, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
            Crotale, sorry, your Style it is an bit unduly / unreasonably .. because we want create an Unreal Style
            and not an comic one or like i can say..
            Thanks for the feedback. I removed it since it wasn't up to snuff.
            Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

This logo is actually starting to grow on me the more I see it, and I love the UT99 throwback wallpaper. I think Henrik took a slight offense when I said on IRC I wasn't a fan, but like I said, it's growing on meh
              UT2004Community YouTube channel. A professional e-sports and community replay archive for Unreal Tournament 2004.

Cluex.org YouTube channel. A video archive of our UT2004 competitive events and tournaments.

Comment

Is this logo final and polished? ... as I noticed several flaws in it.

- M is not the same height as other characters in "TOURNAMENT"
                - First T is not fully italic
                - Not every character of NREA is not proportionally scaled (E for instance; which is different to the one in TOURNAMENT).
                - NREAL and TOURNAMENT have not the same tilt value
                - NREAL and TOURNAMENT are not the same height
                (- the circle is not a circle)
                (- the circle logo could be aligned with TOURNAMENT)

Based on that, I created a slightly changed logo (gif comparison).

-----------------------

Other than that, good work. It fits a new modern UT well. But from the other point of view, for nostalgic reasons, the NREAL could have been completely in Unreal-font.
                ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

Originally posted by DSK- View Post
                  This logo is actually starting to grow on me the more I see it, and I love the UT99 throwback wallpaper. I think Henrik took a slight offense when I said on IRC I wasn't a fan, but like I said, it's growing on meh
                  I don't take offense to things like that, tastes are tastes. What I said on IRC was that I was surprised at the amount of feedback. Glad to hear that it grew on you though.

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
                    Is this logo final and polished? ... as I noticed several flaws in it.

- M is not the same height as other characters in "TOURNAMENT"
                    - First T is not fully italic
                    - Not every character of NREA is not proportionally scaled (E for instance; which is different to the one in TOURNAMENT).
                    - NREAL and TOURNAMENT have not the same tilt value
                    - NREAL and TOURNAMENT are not the same height
                    (- the circle is not a circle)
                    (- the circle logo could be aligned with TOURNAMENT)
                    Sometimes it is not about technical perfection but an overall feel. You made some good points which I may incorporate into revisions but I was operating under time restrictions so they could at least show it on the stream.

Other changes you have made are just arbitrary. The spacing changes for example. Especially by adding more space around the A, it now appears that the space around the A's is double that of the other letters. The change to the negative space T inside the U is not very good. The idea was to play it down and preserve the classic U shape. The space added between U and NREAL is now disturbingly large, nor are they parallel with each other any more, which is strange coming from someone with an obsession about equal tilt values. The top right horn of the U is now borked. Etc etc. It seems as though you have undone as much as you fixed.

Comment

I made a red-on-dark-metal version of the emblem :P

It's less sporty and more rough.

Big one (didn't polish it fully yet):

96x96

48x48

EDIT: Finished the big one:

Here it is with a background:

People may use it for whatever they want

EDIT2:

New icons, sharper versions of the new one:

EDIT3:

And a shaded version of the big one which I'm also using for my soundcloud album:

Different color:
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Avalanche._; 10-05-2014, 06:17 AM. Reason: Added new icons
                      Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                        I turned it down by -20. How is it now?
                        I'm sorry to see that you removed it just because someone has different tastes. But yeah based on my test of -30, I would say you probably need to calibrate the colors on your screen, they may be causing you to overcompensate the saturation. I know you said it's an old computer, so...

Comment

That's pretty sweet, Archer! Feels like something that would make a nice real life product with that texture.

Comment

That's pretty sweet, Archer! Feels like something that would make a nice real life product with that texture.
                            Keychains of course
                            Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

Originally posted by polyneutron View Post
                              @HenrikRyosa, man - I'm loving I'm loving I'm loving - did I say it yet? I'M LOVING YOUR LOGO THAT MUCH!!!

Really great stylish logo, nice colors and asymmetrical circling (*well, not sure if I called it right, but I think you got the point) - SUPERB! Loving works of the others, too, but yours are the best for me!

I missed some news here for a while - has your logo been considered 'official' logo? If so, congrats!
                              *And to clarify some things - I know the thread is called 'New official logo download & wallpapers', but I looked up at the OP and there were also works from @JustAnotherGuy, so I thought it wouldn't be a bad thing if I ask about it here. ;D
                              Great, glad you like it. Yes, official logo. Wallpapers = some official, some non, as I indicated in the first post.

Comment

I'm sorry to see that you removed it just because someone has different tastes. But yeah based on my test of -30, I would say you probably need to calibrate the colors on your screen, they may be causing you to overcompensate the saturation. I know you said it's an old computer, so...
                                Since I cannot calibrate this monitor right now, I wasn't sure how bad the image looks on other people's screen.

How does it look now?

Comment

Working...
                                X