This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    Since I cannot calibrate this monitor right now, I wasn't sure how bad the image looks on other people's screen.

How does it look now?

I thought the contrast is too high, which also causes over-saturation.

How's this?
    Attached Files
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

Comment

I prefer a higher contrast, but that is just me. As for the color, I need to see if I can logon to someone else's computer to see how it looks for myself at this point, because your version is far too desaturated for what I intended, which was supposed to be a vibrantly colored image. Perhaps I do not understand the subject matter.

Edit:/ After taking a look at this on my daughter's new laptop (Acer Aspire with i5 and Intel HD 4400) it looks very close to what I intended. The HP I am using is an old AMD proc with an Intel 3000.

Archer, the image you edited looks too diminished in saturation and luminosity values (which is probably a result of lowering the contrast)on both laptops, which may indicate a need for calibration, but I have no idea how to do that without the proper tools and software. I will experiment with the colors a bit and do some comparisons. Weird to go through so much effort for an image nobody really likes anyway (style?), but I don't mind since it may pay off for other projects. If I cannot "get it right" I will be happy to take it down. No need to derail the thread for one image.
      Last edited by Crotale; 10-04-2014, 03:44 PM.
      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Hi ,

in my opinion, to rusty and heavily ...... humm .. how can i say.. dirt,
        to heavy, easy ... i love the clean lines from Henrik because comes more
        near to ut99 + more modern and hold it self in the balance ...
        but the both one from Archer6621 and Crotale it is to heavy ..
        to much in dark and dirt .. it's easy to heavy ..
        if you understand what i mean ..

best regards
        Blacky

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
          Hi ,

in my opinion, to rusty and heavily ...... humm .. how can i say.. dirt,
          to heavy, easy ... i love the clean lines from Henrik because comes more
          near to ut99 + more modern and hold it self in the balance ...
          but the both one from Archer6621 and Crotale it is to heavy ..
          to much in dark and dirt .. it's easy to heavy ..
          if you understand what i mean ..

best regards
          Blacky
          Yeah it's just that specific art style, might not be everybody's cup of tea

Comment

Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
            Yeah it's just that specific art style, might not be everybody's cup of tea
            you have right ! but we should look , to create an picture for the mainstream,
            maybe should we have 2-4 different themes for selecting .
            for make any happy

the first priority should be, to make the most of the Users of Unreal Tournament happy where be/stay in live
            and then the others, for an hight level of acceptance of the normal Tournament players .. and this is not
            the dark one and also not the heavy gamer, it is the Peoples from the Neighbourhood, they Peoples who have
            an Clean live and any day go to work.. or the Kiddy's from they are and this should be clean lines .. or, isn't it ?
            Okey, i am love dark things also .. and the caves and blood splatter .. and blooody stronger monsterhunt .. and so on ..
            but.. we should have an mirror image with clean lines to outside .. but it's nothing in the way to make different themes
            for the Menu-desktop... so why not, it was also in UT99, different coloured desktops (Gold, ice and Metal) ..
            and why not different wallpaper pictures also .. we should have the possible for make in direction of plugins, menuthemes.
            theme.ut4desktop maybe in zip and css-style possibility .. if it's possible for the programmers ... as idea/suggestion
            so it is possible for create different themes for use it as desktop

and i bet with you.. i think on Clan's and others.. , there want coming up really hot themes for UT4Desktop
            if it is create the possibility for using different Game-menu-desktop-themes for his own copy of the game..
            the customation of the Menu game desktop it's also very important ..
            for give the possible for let the player make like he want ..

and Archer6621, the Icon/logo from you , as an big logo, do you see the inline shadow, okey,
            but you mus admit, for, if it's more smaller, it no more view and only the red U and not the dark,
            and the beautiful leather and the nice inline shadow .. it's maybe an bit pity.. this is the reason,
            why i have use the Bevel Boss , so it make more as 3D with light and shadow ..
            it view also if be more smaller

best regards
            Blacky
            Last edited by Blackcrack; 10-04-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I think there's room for everyone's tastes here, most of these (including mine) are just for fun anyway.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
              Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

BTW, this should also become the new UE4 logo, IMO.
                The new UT is coming along nicely...
                Maybe a new Unreal would be a good idea for Epic's next project? It's certainly somewhat overdue...

Comment

Originally posted by iLikeTheUDK View Post
                  BTW, this should also become the new UE4 logo, IMO.
                  One of the most important factors behind this design was to differentiate the game's identity from the engine.
                  Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcrack View Post
                    you have right ! but we should look , to create an picture for the mainstream,
                    maybe should we have 2-4 different themes for selecting .
                    for make any happy

the first priority should be, to make the most of the Users of Unreal Tournament happy where be/stay in live
                    and then the others, for an hight level of acceptance of the normal Tournament players .. and this is not
                    the dark one and also not the heavy gamer, it is the Peoples from the Neighbourhood, they Peoples who have
                    an Clean live and any day go to work.. or the Kiddy's from they are and this should be clean lines .. or, isn't it ?
                    Okey, i am love dark things also .. and the caves and blood splatter .. and blooody stronger monsterhunt .. and so on ..
                    but.. we should have an mirror image with clean lines to outside .. but it's nothing in the way to make different themes
                    for the Menu-desktop... so why not, it was also in UT99, different coloured desktops (Gold, ice and Metal) ..
                    and why not different wallpaper pictures also .. we should have the possible for make in direction of plugins, menuthemes.
                    theme.ut4desktop maybe in zip and css-style possibility .. if it's possible for the programmers ... as idea/suggestion
                    so it is possible for create different themes for use it as desktop

and i bet with you.. i think on Clan's and others.. , there want coming up really hot themes for UT4Desktop
                    if it is create the possibility for using different Game-menu-desktop-themes for his own copy of the game..
                    the customation of the Menu game desktop it's also very important ..
                    for give the possible for let the player make like he want ..

and Archer6621, the Icon/logo from you , as an big logo, do you see the inline shadow, okey,
                    but you mus admit, for, if it's more smaller, it no more view and only the red U and not the dark,
                    and the beautiful leather and the nice inline shadow .. it's maybe an bit pity.. this is the reason,
                    why i have use the Bevel Boss , so it make more as 3D with light and shadow ..
                    it view also if be more smaller

best regards
                    Blacky
                    Yes, the loss of detail when it gets smaller is unfortunate, but also inevitable. I fjnished the large one though, updated that other post, maybe I will try to downscale it again to see if I can preserve the details some more.

EDIT: I tried some other method of resizing the new one now, it looks sharper.
                    Last edited by Avalanche._; 10-05-2014, 05:48 AM.

Comment

try different algorithms when reducing. some preserve detail better than others.

Comment

I am still trying various tweaks with the previous wallpaper, but here is a new one. I based it on a previous set of wallpapers I made featuring the U emblems from the first 3 games.

Comment

That one's pretty sweet Crotale.

Comment

So, I have wallpapers to offer as well, 4 in total which are actually just one and the same thing with different colours.
                            Two black versions:

and two coloured versions:

The resolutions are 1920x1080, but if anyone wants it bigger... just let me know.
                            S l y .

Comment

Archer, the image you edited looks too diminished in saturation and luminosity values (which is probably a result of lowering the contrast)on both laptops, which may indicate a need for calibration, but I have no idea how to do that without the proper tools and software. I will experiment with the colors a bit and do some comparisons. Weird to go through so much effort for an image nobody really likes anyway (style?), but I don't mind since it may pay off for other projects. If I cannot "get it right" I will be happy to take it down. No need to derail the thread for one image.
                              Don't be like that. I like your work here. As someone who definitely does not prefer this logo for a variety of reasons, your wallpaper was one of the few so far I really liked.
                              HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                              BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

I am still trying various tweaks with the previous wallpaper, but here is a new one. I based it on a previous set of wallpapers I made featuring the U emblems from the first 3 games.

cool ! clean lines and icy hot ! need only an bit blood splatter on the wall behind the Logo *g*

humm.. an bit pimped up :
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ut1234cex_by_crotale-d81mrh1-bc1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	384.8 KB
ID:	330778

and the next version, more lavalike..

Name:	ut1234cex_by_crotale-d81mrh1-bc2-1.jpg
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	330779

and the Mix from Sly and Crotale play around

Name:	na_pali__classic___wallpaper_by_sly_mk3-d81nf5h-bc1.jpg
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	330780

maybe lightnings on the "u" ?

best regards
                                blacky
                                Last edited by Blackcrack; 10-05-2014, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X