Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This next wallpaper is based off a previous iteration on my own version of the logo but is adapted for this new design of Henrik's. I may make some icons out of this if anyone is interested.

Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
      Here is muh latest. It is kind of a red v blue themed space image I created some time ago, but thought I might use as an afterthought on Henrik's spaced theme wallpaper.

Enjoy, or not.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
      I LOVE IT!

This thread is beyond amazing. I'm finally going to take advantage of changing background wallpapers.

Love you guys, you're so talented!
      Stacey Conley
      -----------------------------
      Unreal Tournament Community Manager
      Epic Games, Inc.
      Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

Comment

Your last one is nice Crotale. I'm glad you updated it because I liked the concept behind that wallpaper. What if you tried the logo in that deep dark blue, that would look pretty sexy over the sky blue imo.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Flak View Post
          I LOVE IT!

This thread is beyond amazing. I'm finally going to take advantage of changing background wallpapers.

Love you guys, you're so talented!
          I am happy that you like my work.

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
          Your last one is nice Crotale. I'm glad you updated it because I liked the concept behind that wallpaper. What if you tried the logo in that deep dark blue, that would look pretty sexy over the sky blue imo.
          Is this dark enough? I am guessing on all of the values, so let me if know if I need to go "deeper".

Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Yeah, that's about right - this is one instance I wouldn't be opposed to a bit more color in the U. Maybe if the black and grey areas were slightly more colored, also blue but a different shade, like the sky blue or maybe slightly more towards purple even? Not proposing an extreme difference, just feels like it goes a little too full-on desaturated in some areas. That works for the background, but the emblem itself would be nice more colorful.

Comment

I'll mess around with it tomorrow. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dementiurge View Post
                *looks at that emboss*
                *remembers Steve's comment about Kai's Power Tools*

Actually, it was Chris Perna who made the comment about my bevel and texture effects. I kinda took offense at that since I made those effects manually via many layers and not by way of a filter, but I know he meant no offense.

Comment

Oh, so you're doing that kind of stuff manually as well?

Nice wallpapers by the way! I'm really liking the red one, it got a nice contrast to the blue metal!

Haha, I remember your space wallpaper from deviantART, Cro!
                  S l y .

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                    This next wallpaper is based off a previous iteration on my own version of the logo but is adapted for this new design of Henrik's. I may make some icons out of this if anyone is interested.

This would be a one cool beer cap.
                    UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
                    ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                      Oh, so you're doing that kind of stuff manually as well?
                      It is the only way I can have full control. That isn't to say that I don't use filters at all, I just use them sparingly. When I do use a filter, I will usually fade it back to maybe 10-50% of the full effect, depending on what it is I am trying to accomplish.

Nice wallpapers by the way! I'm really liking the red one, it got a nice contrast to the blue metal!
                      Thanks. I'm liking that one as well.

Haha, I remember your space wallpaper from deviantART, Cro!
                      Yes! I'll bet you don't know that the image started out as a set of fractals I created using Apophysis. I suppose you can say I am a graphics junkyard dog; I'll use almost anything. In the end, there are literally a million ways to create an image.

Originally posted by RushPL View Post
                      This would be a one cool beer cap.
                      That wasn't what I going for but now that you mention it, it does look like a bottle cap. Or, it could be a toothed bezel used to secure a fitting or end cap.
                      Last edited by Crotale; 10-07-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Updated the "red" version of the Frag.Fun wallpaper. Will work the blue one, but I am worried about an "overblue" condition.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Comment

that's why I said to try a little purple in there.

Comment

Here it is with a light purplish inset and with a light blue inset. I made the blue one a bit brighter, but the purple on looked better darker. Let me know if they need to be adjusted.

Comment

hmm "frag fun" falls flat somehow..

frag... fest?

Comment

Ii isn't Frag Fun, but is "Frag.Fun" and the dot is a crosshair shape. The tagline is just something I threw together for another set of wallpapers some time ago, and is just for fun as fan art. You are welcome to change it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X