New models for Pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New models for Pickups?

Anyone working on ideas for new pickup models? (Health pickups, powerups, bases, etc.)
    Jim Brown
    @EntropicDev
    Epic Games

I've seen a number of concepts floating around, there was a bunch of health vials in a thread just recently

Comment

Sly's done a bunch of those.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I already did a bit of work on weapon pickups and bases in this thread. I'm not working on them currently though.
        https://forums.unrealtournament.com/...T-Pick-Up-Base
        Dm-Sand | Idea to Concept Thread

Comment

Made a weapon base model based loosely on one of Gooba's concept's posted above.
          Kept the model simple since this is a pretty small model and small details will get lost.
          HP model rendered out in a demo version of Keyshot (not a texture artist but just had a bit of fun showing different weapon colors ^_^)
          This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
          This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
          Cheers.
          Attached Files
          MyArtstation
          @jayoplus

Comment

Looks fine. Different colours could be useful for pickups, armor, health and weapons (maybe purple for weapons, yellow for armor, red for extra pickups and green or blue for health...) . I like it

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
              Made a weapon base model based loosely on one of Gooba's concept's posted above.
              Kept the model simple since this is a pretty small model and small details will get lost.
              HP model rendered out in a demo version of Keyshot (not a texture artist but just had a bit of fun showing different weapon colors ^_^)

Cheers.
              Is it wrong to say that I got a bit excited when I saw these?
              Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

How do they look from the side? I think my only criticism of them is that they seem kind of sharply tall and thus easy to trip over More gradual height or just a lower frame would help with that.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Thanks for the comments all.
                  Sir_Brizz, the reason for that may be the perspective of the render. Basically, I exported the current weapon base model from the game and modeled this over it. This is maybe 5uu higher but it's the same diameter and the same slope.
                  In any case, I can always scale down the LP mesh as needed though I don't think it may be necessary. We'll see ^_^
                  MyArtstation
                  @jayoplus

Comment

Originally posted by jayoplus View Post
                    Thanks for the comments all.
                    Sir_Brizz, the reason for that may be the perspective of the render. Basically, I exported the current weapon base model from the game and modeled this over it. This is maybe 5uu higher but it's the same diameter and the same slope.
                    In any case, I can always scale down the LP mesh as needed though I don't think it may be necessary. We'll see ^_^
                    Cool. Can you import it into a map? I'd love to see it in game.
                    BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Yea. Should have that sometime tomorrow. Haven't had the time to touch this since posting on Thursday.
                      MyArtstation
                      @jayoplus

Comment

I did a quick test import of the WIP low poly mesh in the engine.
                        On the left is basically superimposing both meshes on top of each other and on the right is both next to each other.
                        MyArtstation
                        @jayoplus

Comment

Wow, that looks sweet in game and it's not any larger than the current one. Good job!

Comment

While I personally think it looks great, in terms of visual complexity it's not any less complex than the current weapon bases. I don't have a problem with the weapon bases being of higher visual density than the game world, it might be better to start with simpler shapes with less random tubing and glowy bits.
                            Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I like it Jay! But just a thought: why be the same thing every UT? Would it be cool to try and find something new? I just think that it looks like every other arena shooter. Would love seeing an outside of the box idea. But, it's a awesome concept no doubt.
                              work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Working...
                              X