No announcement yet.

Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really like the drastic tapering your particular choice creates, to me it looks unbalanced and weak having such a thin bottom and fat top. In my version it is a much more gradual taper which still leaves the bottom right tip with some substance. Better both for visibility and in the event of creation of things such as decals or other trinkets based off the emblem.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

With some ideas in mind, I made some adjustments of my own. I think that the tapered off pointy opposing ends provide a good reflection, almost as if it creates a clawed fist shape. I felt that lower half of Henrik's hoop veers too far south, so I put mine closer to the U.

I also could not resist seeing how this might look:

Attached Files
      Last edited by Crotale; 02-20-2015, 10:54 AM.
      Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

LOL, cool. I like your font there
        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
          I don't really like the drastic tapering your particular choice creates, to me it looks unbalanced and weak having such a thin bottom and fat top. In my version it is a much more gradual taper which still leaves the bottom right tip with some substance. Better both for visibility and in the event of creation of things such as decals or other trinkets based off the emblem.
          A fair point. But I still feel the top right arm of the negative space T was a tiny bit ballooned out. with that in my mind I combined the 2 and cro's non-indented spike.

Oh and more spikes... 'cause... the cowbell just didn't look right.

Comment

Crotale's "nreal" + Henrik's "Tournament" + Epic's "U" only slightly modernised and with T cut-out = Best of all imo!
            I think it needs a simple and traditional UT titel, the sporty composition with hoop doesn't work well with the gothic callygraphy imo.

A nice new but traditional UT4 icon to go along with that and I'd be happy.

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Numbers instead of letters (4=A) is a big nogo! Leetspeak is by far the worst "invention" ever ...
              Futhermore this game is still named UT, not UT4.

Ontopic: I really like teryakis logo. The T acutally looks like a T. In the current logo you are not really aware that there is a T. You have to know it. Imo
              Last edited by Danielito; 02-21-2015, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Ahaha you so much time spent on creation of a new logo. And now come back to good old oval. Apparently you really have nothing to do)))
                Attached Files

Comment

Honestly after looking at all of these for a day or two I still feel the circular version works best.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                  Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                    Honestly after looking at all of these for a day or two I still feel the circular version works best.
                    I completely agree with you.

Comment

I never cared for the circular version and still don't. But I'm not a fan of the new logo overall even after having months to get used to it so my opinion on it probably carries very little weight.
                      BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                        I never cared for the circular version and still don't. But I'm not a fan of the new logo overall even after having months to get used to it so my opinion on it probably carries very little weight.
                        Same here. While I will not go back into why I am not over-the-moon for the current design, it does do its job quite well. On the the other hand, a circle is rather boring. A slanted oval has much more character. I think Epic will not go that way simply because too many people connect the slanted oval to UT2, and they (Epic) want this game to stand on its own merits and identity.

Personally speaking, the slanted oval hoop is a more palatable solution over the addition of an extra T or placing the U inside of a trophy or flag shape in order to provide more distinction between the UT and UE emblems.
                        Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Danielito View Post
                          Numbers instead of letters (4=A) is a big nogo! Leetspeak is by far the worst "invention" ever ...
                          Futhermore this game is still named UT, not UT4.
                          UT exists already, it should be called UT4 because everybody is gonna call it anyway UT4 or UT2015 or something like that not to confuse it with UT99!
                          The 4 fits perfectly here imo and it's not really Leetspeak if only 1 number is used (and there are certainly worse inventions).
                          Teriakys logo looks like 2 hammers and has nothing of the cool gothic unreal callygraphy which is a MUST for me.

Originally posted by Raixs View Post
                          Ahaha you so much time spent on creation of a new logo. And now come back to good old oval. Apparently you really have nothing to do)))
                          Whenever I can understand a post of you, it's not a constructive comment.

The circle is classic for all new UTs, it's also sporty and could be altered (or reduced to a hoop) in many ways not to look too much the same as previous UT logos.
                          It's so far simply the most iconic UT representation, most classic and sets itself clearly apart from the engine symbol.

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

We've been over this ad nauseam to the point where use of the term ad nauseam has been used ad nauseam. Epic's reasoning for naming the game Unreal Tournament sans version or other moniker is because they want the game to be a living entity, not a"final" product that is dated months after release. As for distinction of the UT emblem from that of the Unreal Engine emblem is why this thread exists: Epic wants a clearer distinction.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                              We've been over this ad nauseam to the point where use of the term ad nauseam has been used ad nauseam. Epic's reasoning for naming the game Unreal Tournament sans version or other moniker is because they want the game to be a living entity, not a"final" product that is dated months after release. As for distinction of the UT emblem from that of the Unreal Engine emblem is why this thread exists: Epic wants a clearer distinction.
                              How much we have already discussed to death...
                              How would giving it a distinguishable name prevent it from being a living entity? It can be "UT Free", "UT Ultimate" or anything, but calling it UT doesn't solve the confusion with UT99 and that ppl will call it differently to be clear what UT they're talking of anyway, but whatever.
                              Last edited by TheoRiginal; 02-21-2015, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I blame all you knobs that keep calling it "UT99". I refuse to do so because it is a dumb acronym and is so ironic given the disdain for the 2003/2004 naming scheme by the same people that use it.
                                Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 02-21-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X