Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    As I said, it wasn't intended to be a viable replacement, just a concept for show. It is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The real problem with any symmetrical UDamage based design is that it is always going to be too reminiscent of Quake. I wouldn't mind if a significantly better/different design was made for the UDamage itself that played into the logo somehow because that always felt like it mimicked the double damage and familiar quake logo just a little too much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well when you started with Gooba's U dam and went wider from there it was bound to only reinforce my opinion on the wide U dam.

(I think Gooba's U dam is too wide as well and looses the "Dangerous" feeling of the older U dams.)

If it makes you feel better I don't really like Henrik's U dam above either as it looks more insect like with an exoskeleton or mandibles. Shells stacking and layering ontop of eachother is not what I would associate with U dam nor Unreal.
    Last edited by FirebornForm; 02-23-2015, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    Sheesh, when I work inside the box, you guys aren't happy. When I work outside the box, you still aren't happy. My gives up!
    Hehe, and what do you think I've gone through.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sheesh, when I work inside the box, you guys aren't happy. When I work outside the box, you still aren't happy. My gives up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Agreed with Henrik, while an interesting take I think the U is far too wide and looses the appeal of the original icons for U damage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    oh and it looks like a collar too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, it still doesn't solve the "Quake" issue, but yes it looks nice. I also think the U is too wide and empty feeling.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, guys. I initially made this yesterday as a contender for the Unreal remake logo, but thought I would adapt it for UT just because...fuzzy bunnehs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Crotale View Post
    Here's little sump'n sump'n I did up based on Gooba's original U Damage concept. I know it isn't feasible but it is an alternate take on things.

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
    To be honest, this is the first logo design which looks modern and elegant, yet has classic influences due to the spikey letters/shapes. For me its way better than everything we have seen before (apart from those super modern logos of gooba :P).
    Great job Crotale!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very cool. In addition to the excellent basic idea: UT 4 = a copy of Unreal Tournament 99. Nice design words and U damage.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's little sump'n sump'n I did up based on Gooba's original U Damage concept. I know it isn't feasible but it is an alternate take on things.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Crotale; 02-23-2015, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Perhaps I read to much into it. :shrugs: It still seems to imply that I wasn't onboard with the oval no matter how many times I read it. Though, It isn't like I am ever offended, I am too jovial of an oaf.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Fud, I think he meant critic of the current design with the circular crescent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
    Well that's one more criticizer on board with the new oval.
    Though I think you need a break from EyeCandy2.0 photoshop filters
    "Criticizer"? Though there are certainly things I have been critical of, an oval logo is not one of them, (I simply prefer round objects), if you check page 4 of this thread you may notice that I am quite on board with the idea of an oval logo. Henrik's layout is just better, and it should be to, I am only here to throw ideas out there and stimulate thought.

Well technically it broke with me in like 2005 when I had a HD die and lost my registration information... Though I bribed a programmer I know to make a similar application that allows me to create such effects with image maps as well as painting in the details with my wacom... also it doesn't have the jagged edge propensity that eye candy did. Though I recall eye candy having bevel profiles and I can only make a ridged edge. He also internally named it Granny Candy, a joke for which I have yet to figure out how to get revenge over... alternatively I could 3d model the object, apply a chrome texture and render it. Or I could use a cube map and a texture with an alpha layer in the ut2k4 editor. Or... you know what, tbh I like chrome so . It isn't that I am a 1 one trick wonder. I just don't like this current flat graphics trend and I have always done ut logos with a bevel and a metallic sheen. Since nobody is asking for these, I am making them for myself, and decide when I need a break aaaannnnnd I'm good. Thanks for your concern though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X