Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    Another with the Unreal text color matching emblem to tie them together better:

I like it. In fact I feel the need to chrome it...so I guess it must be good.

Though this iteration of UT is a marketing ploy for the engine and the marketplace, the engine icon itself should be secondary to UT just as it always has been IMO. You start making compromises with the quality of your pull product you risk ability for it to do the task you want it to. Something I am sure they are aware of. So why are we differentiating the game from the engine when we should be differentiating the engine from the game? A rhetorical question to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by [GZU]Elmur_fud View Post
      I like it. In fact I feel the need to chrome it...so I guess it must be good.
      Well that's one more criticizer on board with the new oval.
      Though I think you need a break from EyeCandy2.0 photoshop filters

Comment

The current logo's massive U in Unreal is a bit much and looks almost out of place. It minimizes the text, almost as if the text is an afterthought and need not be there. What I really like about this latest concept is that it feels more cohesive a design. The U is downscaled and allows the excellent Unreal Tournament text to really stand out and shine in a very powerful stance. And best of all, it needs no chrome!
        Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

This may be a pointless iteration but I wanted to give the ole udam one last hurrah. I get what you're saying Gooba, but I think their reasons for not going udam are more general and not about your specific design. After all I provided several takes on it myself.

When they make comparisons to Quake it is likely in the symmetry, so if we want to preserve symmetry and yet avoid that, then the U needs something more radical added while staying simple overall. Remembering Chris Perna's request for horizontal lines inside the uDam at one point in the process, I thought about doing something with that but on a simpler scale.
          Attached Files

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

The lower portion of the U looks like a pilgrim collar.
            Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
              The lower portion of the U looks like a pilgrim collar.
              HAHA

I see where you're going with this... my necktie comments right :P

Comment

You crack me up.

Comment

i really like the oval design better than the circle. The circle was fine but to be honest it reminds me too much of the Burger King ring just flipped.

Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Just wow. Now THAT is funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                      For the record, Henrik, I never have stated that I hate the design. I merely disagree with the direction, and that is on Epic. I held fast and steady on the issue of the crescent hoop not working very well in a stand-alone emblem and Epic ignored my plea. I know that I annoyed you during that final selection process and for that, I apologize, but again, my beef was with the selection and not the designer. You know tat I am a huge fan of your work.

You have to admit, the crescent shape has been the reason for the most complaints about the logo, aside from the lack of a distinct Unreal font for those of us stuck in the 20th Century. Hopefully, this latest effort will win some favor with Epic and we will have an iconic and flexible logo design. I do not believe that one trumps the other.
                      Oh, didn't see this until now. Thanks man that means a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kypperstyx View Post

Pew Pew and fries to go.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
                          Well that's one more criticizer on board with the new oval.
                          Though I think you need a break from EyeCandy2.0 photoshop filters
                          "Criticizer"? Though there are certainly things I have been critical of, an oval logo is not one of them, (I simply prefer round objects), if you check page 4 of this thread you may notice that I am quite on board with the idea of an oval logo. Henrik's layout is just better, and it should be to, I am only here to throw ideas out there and stimulate thought.

Well technically it broke with me in like 2005 when I had a HD die and lost my registration information... Though I bribed a programmer I know to make a similar application that allows me to create such effects with image maps as well as painting in the details with my wacom... also it doesn't have the jagged edge propensity that eye candy did. Though I recall eye candy having bevel profiles and I can only make a ridged edge. He also internally named it Granny Candy, a joke for which I have yet to figure out how to get revenge over... alternatively I could 3d model the object, apply a chrome texture and render it. Or I could use a cube map and a texture with an alpha layer in the ut2k4 editor. Or... you know what, tbh I like chrome so . It isn't that I am a 1 one trick wonder. I just don't like this current flat graphics trend and I have always done ut logos with a bevel and a metallic sheen. Since nobody is asking for these, I am making them for myself, and decide when I need a break aaaannnnnd I'm good. Thanks for your concern though.

Comment

Fud, I think he meant critic of the current design with the circular crescent.

Comment

Perhaps I read to much into it. :shrugs: It still seems to imply that I wasn't onboard with the oval no matter how many times I read it. Though, It isn't like I am ever offended, I am too jovial of an oaf.

Comment

Here's little sump'n sump'n I did up based on Gooba's original U Damage concept. I know it isn't feasible but it is an alternate take on things.

Attached Files
                                Last edited by Crotale; 02-23-2015, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X