No announcement yet.

Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the design isn't everyone's cup of tea. I, myself, am not totally drawn towards the idea of the U damage shape being the emblem, but I wanted to re-examine the possibility. I get that some fans feel it is too wide. I purposefully shaped it that way with the intent that the U could stand alone as its own identity without any hoops, circles, ovals or other objects that might draw attention away from it.

As Henrik stated earlier, Epic expressed the desire to modify the existing logo, not replace it. In the case they might change their collective minds, it never hurts to have more alternatives.
    Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
      Here's little sump'n sump'n I did up based on Gooba's original U Damage concept. I know it isn't feasible but it is an alternate take on things.

I really like this. For me it would be official, but as some have said, it does resemble too much of Quake.

Originally posted by Kypperstyx View Post
      i really like the oval design better than the circle. The circle was fine but to be honest it reminds me too much of the Burger King ring just flipped.

oh my god. It can not be unseen now. I'm so glad right now that Epic is seeking a new U.
      work: www.POLEGAR.pt

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
        Another with the Unreal text color matching emblem to tie them together better:

I like this one!

Just one small thing that bugs me. On all the logos posted here and even in game, the "M" in TOURNAMENT is like one pixel smaller than the rest.

Comment

i'll keep that in mind when making revisions, thanks.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
          Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

I demand you fix it now. Right now. You got that?
            Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
              I demand you fix it now. Right now. You got that?
              I demand you make me a sandwich.

Comment

Here ya go!

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...es-d5rg8li.jpg

Comment

looks about right.

Comment

Here is one more for the road. Note, that is not the official U. It is a modified version of my concept from last summer.

Attached Files

Comment

I'll throw in some old concepts of rococoa I always liked (as inspiration (!)), as most iterations on the actual logo are only weighted/slanted differently and most ppl seem to dislike a UAmp as a "U".

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I think they look kinda elegant, modern and new, yet have the classic influences everyone wants. Maybe it gives some new ideas and directions for you concepters out there ...

Comment

Originally posted by Danielito View Post
                        I'll throw in some old concepts of rococoa I always liked (as inspiration (!)), as most iterations on the actual logo are only weighted/slanted differently and most ppl seem to dislike a UAmp as a "U".

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

I think they look kinda elegant, modern and new, yet have the classic influences everyone wants. Maybe it gives some new ideas and directions for you concepters out there ...

Last one on the top row = yep

Comment

Those lines will probably disappear at icon sizes. One other thing is that we tried the split U previously and most of the team nixed the idea.

Comment

I like the new colors a lot better (although I don't mind orange for the alpha stage of the game - expresses "under construction" for me)

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Interesting. I wonder what drove these color choices.

Comment

It's too understated for my taste and I'm sure for a lot of people it's going to feel like UT200X all over again.

Not that there is anything wrong with it but I liked the punchiness of the orange a lot better. Now it's very muted and unaggressive.
                                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Working...
                                X