No announcement yet.

Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I think the T cut out is superficial and doesn't really benefit the logo at all. UT has always been a U, trying to force in a negative T isn't necessary and I feel the same about this for the official UT4 circle logo as well. I would much rather have a cool U than something trying to be a U and a T at the same time. That's the main reason I definitely don't like the other U negative T logos when the T is much more apparent, at least the official one isn't as punching you in the face with a T.

Comment

I mainly tried to make it "there if you want it to be there", if you don't then it really isn't. I did not modify the geometry in any significant way to accomodate it, like making the inside swoop into a sharp corner, imo that just looks awkward on all the designs I have seen try it.

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
      Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
        Actually I think the T cut out is superficial and doesn't really benefit the logo at all. UT has always been a U, trying to force in a negative T isn't necessary and I feel the same about this for the official UT4 circle logo as well. I would much rather have a cool U than something trying to be a U and a T at the same time. That's the main reason I definitely don't like the other U negative T logos when the T is much more apparent, at least the official one isn't as punching you in the face with a T.
        Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
        I mainly tried to make it "there if you want it to be there", if you don't then it really isn't. I did not modify the geometry in any significant way to accomodate it, like making the inside swoop into a sharp corner, imo that just looks awkward on all the designs I have seen try it.
        Hmm okay. I think the T should be clearly there or not at all. Since changing the inner of the UE U to a T is very little intrusive to the iconic shape, I put it there.
        With my newest edition I'm happy with the U shape itself and dont mind the T cut out, even if pushed out strongly:

This looks like a sporty and traditionally iconic UT logo to me, it even scales down well I would say.
        But if the majority is against the T cutout, I'd also be cool with a (conservative!) modernisation of the UE U and an additional T for the UT emblem like the logos in the OP here suggested,
        I just care for the iconic U shape.

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Honestly, it looks clunky and comical. It makes no sense in terms of flow with that left inner swoop cut like that.
          Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

I'd rather UE4 for the engine, and just U for UT to be honest. In any acse it doesn't seem like any of us are making any sort of headway. I would be interested to hear from Epic as to how much of a difference they want between the logos, as I don't really think the initial statement has been terribly clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
              It's too understated for my taste and I'm sure for a lot of people it's going to feel like UT200X all over again.

Not that there is anything wrong with it but I liked the punchiness of the orange a lot better. Now it's very muted and unaggressive.
              While I didn't find the saturation levels of the orange that they had very "punchy"... In GD orange is considered a warm color and both blue and grey are cold ones. So much of the contrast that was there went away.

Comment

Originally posted by [GZU]Elmur_fud View Post
                While I didn't find the saturation levels of the orange that they had very "punchy"... In GD orange is considered a warm color and both blue and grey are cold ones. So much of the contrast that was there went away.
                Fair, I probably meant "pop" or something. It just stood out a lot more which is what I think you're saying.
                HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
                  Fair, I probably meant "pop" or something. It just stood out a lot more which is what I think you're saying.
                  Exactly what I am saying. Furthermore upon the subject of the colors I find it interesting that they chose blue. Basically, if you go by the color wheel, blue is the exact opposite of orange. AKA its polar negative. They literally did a 180. It's as if somebody said 'Hey throw that in photoshop and hit invert! That ought to freak them out.'.

Edit:
                  Since somebody was hatin on chrome a while back, I am gonna beat this mule 'til its black and blue... I'd apologize for that pun, but then I'd have to find the I lied gif.
                  [2000x2000] for anybody's legacy desires.
                  This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                  Last edited by Flak; 02-27-2015, 08:34 PM. Reason: Because Blue is Sir Launcelot's favorite color and I don't want him mad because you saw what he did to that wedding.

Comment

gah my eyes!

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
                    Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Scrolling, scrolling, suddenly... my entire screen is a giant blue U!

On the subject of the blue colors change I'm not really sure if I like it or not. I was finally getting used to the orange, and it was a nice in-between the classic gold and something modern. Even UT3 stuck to "metallic" colors.
                      A straight blue U is a huge step away from UT norm so it will take time to see if it sits with me.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebornForm View Post
                        Scrolling, scrolling, suddenly... my entire screen is a giant blue U!

blue who?

Comment

lol in 15% of its size that would have been more readable, Elmur. Your U is visibly trying to keep it authentic but it looks a bit misaligned/scrambled.
                          I like your fancy bling bling, though. Would be cool if you **** out my logo.

My views on the new UT in a nutshell │ Social MarketplaceModern UT4 AllNew Dynamic StandardsMore iconic U and the 4 neededUE4 Free - I Epic

Comment

Originally posted by TheoRiginal View Post
                            lol in 15% of its size that would have been more readable, Elmur. Your U is visibly trying to keep it authentic but it looks a bit misaligned/scrambled.
                            I like your fancy bling bling, though. Would be cool if you **** out my logo.
                            That's the thing about .png's they scale so nicely. I provide them large because that makes them more versatile. You can always resize a raster image down to desire but enlarging them is another subject. I did scale it down to 2000x2000, I composed the image at 9000x9000. But it was somewhat of a joke anyways.

Edit: -To provide an example-

Though as much as I hate to admit it it looks better slightly desaturated...

What specific version or logo do you want chromed and what is the highest res you have? I may need to turn it into a vector graphic and scale it up for the end result to look good, not a problem mind you, just curious.
                            Last edited by [GZU]Elmur_fud; 02-26-2015, 10:58 AM.

Comment

The upper swoops are out of proportion with the remainder of the design. Forcing the design into conformity with the circle in that way makes the shape less appealing.
                              Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Honestly when I posted that it was solely about the colors. I vectorized the original orb I made for UT3 about a year ago around the time I had my health problems and disappeared off the internet for about 2 months and it must have been then that I changed the shape. I had totally forgot it wasn't the default till TheoRiginal pointed it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X