Logo Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    4 and 5 to move well interesting idea. Namely - icon in form of a trophy. I think we should develop this particular. The idea with the flag not bad, but a feeling that in game is most important mode - Capture the Flag.

4 и 5 хорошо двигают интересную идею. А именно - иконка в виде трофея. Думаю, надо развивать именно эту. Идея с флагом тоже неплохая, но создаётся ощущение, что в игре самый главный режим - это Захват Флага.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's hard to bring balance into a design with a big T. U and T are very different letters, it's difficult to make a stylish emblem that incorporates them as "equals". One option included below goes for an urbanized approach, but I doubt that would win too many fans.

I'm just going to post these random leftover sketches here and see if they spark any further discussion or design ideas, otherwise I'm leaving this for now as overall, I believe the existing logo / emblem is workable or one of the provided options, and it seems most people agree that we don't need to start from scratch.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not really a fan of this thread, I think the UE4 and UT4 logos are different enough but I guess if we're going for absolutely no possible confusion then Henrik's flag looks the best for a UT game but it might be not modern enough and too classic?

For ultra simplicity I would go with Henrik's first "U" "T" logo with both letters. It doesn't really change the design that much since the crescents have always been a secondary thing to all of the UT logos. The others just feel like they are convoluted and don't mesh well trying to force the T into negative space, or when it's positive space but a darker gray it clashes with the clarity of seeing the U on its own and I don't like the clash of style jumping from the cresents and the U to a completely different T.

I also don't really see the need to even have this thread we mocked up many different iterations of colors, color alone can set the engine apart from the game just like the game from the editor. The icon for the engine looks like a sticker or a button and I don't get that from the game icons we've had.

U damage as the icon is kind of a mixed bag, it doesn't instantly read as a a U and instead looks like a symbol. Very quake like as Jim pointed out. Since Unreal and UT have always been a recognizable letter not a symbol I don't think we should stray that far away from UT DNA.
    Last edited by FirebornForm; 02-07-2015, 01:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Entropy View Post
    Looks like you have Quake shortcuts all set up....
    ROFL, burn?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Gooba View Post
    Looks like you have Quake shortcuts all set up....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its my favorite too from the beginning. From those 4 I like most the black and white one.

But I dont think EPIC is looking for a whole new style.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Out with the old, in with the new is what I say. The logo's above me look like a modern take on a classic logo. I vote for that.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Archer6621 View Post
    I like the flag too, could consider making the U on it that same golden color? I really like that color-scheme of gold/yellow + grey that you have in the other icons.
    I'd like to at least see this too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I do like that flag icon. It is one of the better solution although the flag shape itself is not part of the logo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I like the flag too, could consider making the U on it that same golden color? I really like that color-scheme of gold/yellow + grey that you have in the other icons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    you keep commenting on the colors elmur but aren't the colors in your sig virtually identical?
    Other then the saturation levels(I like vivid lively colors not dull dead ones), which is my only grump, the colors in my sig intentionally match the games. Orange is one of my favorite colors but not baby diarrhea orange... That last comment though had nothing to do with the colors themselves and everything to do with the coincidental (I'm sure) resemblance to the University of Texas' colors and the shared UT monicker. The fonts are totally different as is the shade of orange generally speaking. I may be from Texas but I couldn't care less about football so it had just then occurred to me that there was a similarity.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by papercoffee View Post
    Hm... Too much Tron like.

But of the other three ideas is the Flag the most interesting one ...can you combine it with the crescent part of the UE4 Icon?
    i think that would crowd it and ruin icon readability which is why i didn't do such a version.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
    Here's one I kinda threw together for fun, just to explore the idea.
    Hm... Too much Tron like.

But of the other three ideas is the Flag the most interesting one ...can you combine it with the crescent part of the UE4 Icon?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X